spike78 21-Mar-16
notme 21-Mar-16
soapdish 22-Mar-16
spike78 22-Mar-16
notme 22-Mar-16
16-Jan-16

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
Out pulling some stands and cams yesterday, stumbled upon a good one. I usually don't really start looking until end of February, but seems like it may be time to start.

16-Jan-16

16-Jan-16
Now that's what I call a good outcome!

16-Jan-16
Nice one! How close to your stand did you find it?

16-Jan-16
What a sight! Great rack! Congrats!

16-Jan-16

Found it on a travel route that goes by two of my stands smoothie.

Found this bear skull today.

16-Jan-16
Pretty cool finds griz. There is something about a photo of an antler just laying there in the woods that just strikes a cord for me for some reason.

16-Jan-16
Can't help myself...

I like antlers.

I tend to COVET a good skull.

And that is a GREAT find!! How big a bear, do you suppose? And any clue as to cause o' death? They've got no predators here but cars and each other.... Gets my curiosity going.

17-Jan-16
The antlers cool.bear skull is super cool....technically do you have to leave the bear skull so you don't get accused of killing a bear..some state have stupid laws like that,don't know if this stupid state has that one

17-Jan-16
My ex-boss has skulls from all kinds of animals, like horses, cows, bears, bobcats, etc and I never thought about the legal aspect of having them. Wonder??

17-Jan-16
Probably you cannot even breathe on state property without a permit nowadays. Fresh air is reserved.

17-Jan-16
I ask cause I remember seeing a show where the guy was telling the story on how he was shed hunting and came across a skull with a huge rack..when he got to his truck the wardens were there and asked about the skull..the guy explained himself and the wardens told him that even though the skull was green and obviously out for a while that technically he needed a permit to remove it..just wondering if ct had something like that

17-Jan-16
Grizz, I would pull the big canine teeth from that bear skull and make yourself I nice bear tooth necklace or something (in case Big Brother comes by and confiscates the skull). Real nice find for sure.

18-Jan-16
Try this the next time you find a nice deer skull and the game warden is waiting for you at the truck.

Put an old tag on it and when he asked what you're doing with the skull just say - "Damn, that was the longest recovery I've ever had to make. I've been tracking this guy for months. Gotta find the rest of him tomorrow." :) :)

19-Jan-16
Just looked out my back window and saw a nice shed,....then I remembered it was one I built about 10 years ago. Hope the warden doesn't come by, it's not tagged. (fun being polish)

19-Jan-16

Sgt. York's embedded Photo
Sgt. York's embedded Photo
This isn't me but a kid in East Hartland on state land. I scouted the area for a few months this year and bailed.I got a ghost moose on the cam and saw a pile of moose nuggets. He found the sheds.

19-Jan-16
Wow that's a decent size moose for CT.

20-Jan-16

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
I found these last spring while turkey hunting about 8 feet apart from each other. There is no rodent damage on either antler. I hunted for him this past season and never saw him. It would be good to find his sheds from this year.

26-Jan-16

nehunter's embedded Photo

26-Jan-16

I guess I should wait to start looking for antlers. I just put sweet feed in the feeder, nothing in it since October. I wont put anymore in as I dont want a road kill in front of my house or dead deer from supplemental feeding.

27-Jan-16
Are friend just shot a monster the other night still had both horns .

27-Jan-16
Saw 3 bucks yesterday all had their racks.

29-Jan-16

Funny looking crab claw on that rack nehunter. This pic was from 2011. Looks similar.

12-Feb-16
Has anyone been out looking for sheds? If so any luck?

12-Feb-16
Checked cameras today to see if they were still sporting head gear before I start looking, every buck I had on camera still carrying both sides . This is by far the latest I have seen deer still holding usually they all have dropped by mid Jan.

12-Feb-16
All 3 bucks in my backyard still have antlers. Unreal.

13-Feb-16
I want to find some moose antlers like the set above!! That would be sweet. Just got to get a weekend where nothing is going on, hasn't been easy lately.

13-Feb-16
grizz - Yes looks like the same, who knows? You near Goshen?

22-Feb-16

DeerDan 's embedded Photo

Went out for a couple of hours Sunday all I found was an old red ryder bb gun.

22-Feb-16
Looks like you wont shoot you're eye out with that one..lol

22-Feb-16
3+ years and finally found one of his sheds today walking to take down hang-on stand. Saw this guy from the stand this past December tending a doe, had no shot. Biggest deer I've seen from the stand. Right side antler. Long beam. Broken G3. Hope to find the left side with the kicker.

photo 20160222_150503_zps4mfwmuxz.jpg

photo 20160222_150531_zpsuqtyfcf1.jpg

photo Screenshot_2016-02-22-15-21-01_zpslv8dufhf.png

22-Feb-16
Nice find, probably hitting the oaks those leaves came from.

22-Feb-16
Make sure you register that Dan. Been doing a lot of woods walking with my dog. No sheds found yet. My goal is one a year. Never found a matching set.

22-Feb-16
I could've hunted with that most of last season.

22-Feb-16
Cool find smoothie

22-Feb-16

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
23 7/8" Main beam, G3 broken & brow tine chipped. Magic Maker for scale.

26-Feb-16

Found a decent one yesterday!

26-Feb-16
Good find smoothie, good to know that buck is still around, he'll be a nice one for you this year.

26-Feb-16
Hey Dan, want to take me shed hunting?

26-Feb-16

BoneHead's embedded Photo
BoneHead's embedded Photo
Both sides, my son for comparison.. Ha!

26-Feb-16
Thanks! Actually drops from last season. I was after him last year. He was a very old deer and had him coming threw my house for a few years and first time he showed he was at least 4 1/2. Never saw him on cam or on stand this year. Don't think he made it threw last winter. He shed the last few years early December. With work and the kids haven't made it out shed hunting but Sunday I'm taking the little man out for a hike.

01-Mar-16

longbeard's embedded Photo
This is what I found while shed hunting today. I guess someone out there is actually a worse shot than me!! Lol

01-Mar-16

Wow...I don't know where that picture of our esteemed President came from. This is what I found...

01-Mar-16
Now that is a sweet find to put on a shelf!

01-Mar-16
Crap that's a cool ass find bud !!!

02-Mar-16
Is that arrow actually stuck in an antler? Crazy cool find, but bummer to see.

I wonder if someone hit it, and was trying for a funky follow up shot (hitting the antler) and then the deer bolted only to be found by longbeard. Crazy.

02-Mar-16
Will yes the arrow actually split the antler, just a bit of the tip is protruding out other side. I also wonder in which order the shots came...shot and wounded the deer and then a desperation follow up hitting the antler OR first shot hit antler stunning the deer and hunter tried to sneak in on deer for follow up and made a poor shot?? We'll never know but it is cool!

02-Mar-16
Maybe two different hunters?

02-Mar-16
Awesome find! That is incredible.

21-Mar-16

And let the inappropriate comments commence...

21-Mar-16

21-Mar-16
Nice beaver smoothie! Not me, do you agree?

21-Mar-16
Ma che Bella costoro ,cosi liscio.....italian to English translation =my what a beautiful beaver,so smooth...feel free to use it anytime

22-Mar-16
Thats one prehistoric looking beaver. No wonder the ol timers are tough. Its even got teeth. Big knarly teeth

22-Mar-16
This beaver talk reminded me. Where you at BBB? You still alive?

22-Mar-16

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
Soapdish, monty python?..lol

I'm not sure how I ended up with a pic of BBB hacking through the bush at a sum cum loudly sorority party... That'll draw him out..lol

• Sitka Gear