steve 17-Jan-16
keating 17-Jan-16
bigbuckbob 17-Jan-16
notme 17-Jan-16
16-Jan-16
Swk

Great respect for you!

16-Jan-16
Good Job SWK! I've done a few deer rescues in my time as well. Picked up one doe that fell on the ice one year. She almost kicked me silly when I got her to shore, but she seemed okay. She then ran up a hillside stopped and looked back at me like she was saying "Thanks". We are not killers. We are advocates for wildlife. That's how I see it anyway.

16-Jan-16
I saw a good-sized doe bedded about 20' off of the Palisades pky on my way to work early December.... She looked nervous and hurt and wasn't going ANYWHERE. And I was running late for a meeting that was going to be a pretty big deal. I spent a good 25 minutes that I didn't have stopping at the police HQ to report it, then driving back to keep an eye on her and waiting.... And waiting… And waiting .

Nobody showed up, so I just cruised down to the nearest major speed trap and described the location to a young cop who was hanging out with a couple of his colleagues. Can you believe he actually gave me a bad time about having pulled onto the shoulder???

But it all worked out. Later that day I heard from my favorite landowner that I could hunt his place this year (a month+ after I had tried to reach him....

So now I've got a good spot to hunt a few days before its all over 'til September. Gotta make sure to stay in the LO's very best graces 'til then!!

So figure it's good Karma, SWK - hope it comes back to you handsomely!

17-Jan-16
HHHHHMMMMMMMMMM, fawn, in January? You can't possibly mean with spots.

Wiley thanks you for sparing him from dodging traffic.

17-Jan-16
I saved a fat one once from the onslaught of mashed taters .....

17-Jan-16
who's taters were getting mashed?

17-Jan-16
you the man !!!!

17-Jan-16
ya the man! keep baiting and killing off the does and small buck. The herd is hurting. be sensible. A small buck over bait isn't much of a feat.

17-Jan-16
Keating

??? What r u talking about?

17-Jan-16
I baited with taters before..thats how I got a fat one...lol.....fritos well great too!!..desperate times man,desperate times...lol

• Sitka Gear