Wild Bill 17-Jan-16
Lefty3213a 18-Jan-16
Mike in CT 24-Jan-16
Lefty3213a 08-Feb-16
Wild Bill 09-Feb-16
GF 19-Feb-16
Lefty3213a 03-Mar-16
17-Jan-16
My club typically holds their shoots between the hours of 7am-12pm I debated increasing that to 7am-1PM to give people extra time if they wanted to hit up two shoots in a day. Would any one be interested in a longer time frame to make more than one shoot in a day?

17-Jan-16
At Algonquin we usually cut off registration at 1PM. We have had shooters register that late. We insist that shooters starting on or after 12PM, shoot the first half, first.

What club are you talking about?

18-Jan-16
Housatonic Archers, I know we've had quite a few of your members at our shoots last year. They were always the first ones on the course. Normally the flow of people stops around 11am for us but last year we had a few last minute people show up around 12pm so I debated extending it till 1 this year

24-Jan-16
Lefty,

If you've got the resources (especially volunteers!) and feel the extra hour will pull in enough shooters to make it worthwhile then I'd say go for it.

I am curious though about your comment about making 2 shoots in a day with the extension to 1pm. Are you talking about having 2 shoots at your club or in general being able to go to more than 1 club on the same day?

08-Feb-16
I was saying 2 shoots in a day, as in if the hours were extended it might allow for shooters to possible go to two different 3D shoots on the same day; providing there was an over lap of 2 shoots in one day at different clubs

09-Feb-16
Lefty,

With a later start time possible, at Algonquin, we've had some people shoot the course twice, sometimes with different equipment.

19-Feb-16
Trouble for me is that the noon cut-off is hard to accommodate around the church schedule, even on a local shoot. Everybody seems to be packing up right about the time I'm getting there...

03-Mar-16
Ya I made the decision to extend the course hours to 1PM hopefully we see an increase in attendance.

• Sitka Gear