buff 18-Jan-16
babysaph 18-Jan-16
gobbler 18-Jan-16
hoppies56 18-Jan-16
palser64 19-Jan-16
Babysaph 19-Jan-16
buff 19-Jan-16
18-Jan-16
Was wanting to know if anyone owns or have used any action cams such as the GoPro's or Ultra Pro X Adventure Cams...? Any info / reviews or details would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

18-Jan-16
I've got a Tactacam, and a ion, Tactacam, has the best video focus, 20 yds looks like 20yds, all of them have too much vibration at the shot, but I don't think you can get around that

18-Jan-16
I use a go pro

18-Jan-16
I went thru the video phase back in the early 90s. Started to worry more about getting the best video shot rather than focusing on getting the best shot on the animal I was hunting so I quit it.

When I'm getting ready to shoot something I want 100% of my focus on getting the shot done right. They're integrated in my memory and for me personally that's all I need. I don't feel the need to replay it to myself or anyone else. That's just my opinion and what works for me.

I don't know for sure but I wonder if some of the bad shots that we see on the TV shows are because they are trying to get the right video footage instead of the best shot for a quick ethical and clean kill. IDK, just a thought.

18-Jan-16
If your just look for something that mounts on your bow tactacam may be what your looking for.Filming a hunt is hard thing to do, but with the technology that has come out in last few years it is much easier now days. IF your looking into really filming buy a good camera and arm and find a good hunting partner to film for you.

19-Jan-16
I agree with you Gobbler 100 percent. You need complete concentration on your animal when the time comes.....not on getting the camera aimed or focused. The memory of that hunt buried in your memory is far better than any video that you will have.

19-Jan-16
I have had to pass up some 140 class deer because I couldn't get the right camera angle. I hate when that happens

19-Jan-16
All the reasons above is why you would use Tactacam

• Sitka Gear