Raising3boys 18-Jan-16
PSEStinger 20-Jan-16
PushCoArcher 21-Jan-16
cottonwood 24-Jan-16
cottonwood 24-Jan-16
Towhead 25-Jan-16
EmbryOklahoma 27-Jan-16
18-Jan-16
gentlemen, I understand that asking for advice on where to hunt may be a bit like asking a dog where he hid his bone...

I've looked over deep fork wma on google earth, but was surprised at the low number of deer taken there last year. I'd like to pick an area or two to scout and bow hunt this year. I'd also like to stay fairly close to OKC, as to have a decent chance at a few trips this year. I'd also like to win the next powerball...

If you were to give a fellow bow hunter some advice for hunting ok public land near OKC, what would it be?

20-Jan-16
The past couple of years I have hunted Canton Lake WMA and Ft. Cobb Reservoir WMA. Canton gets a quite a bit pressure of bow hunters from what I have seen the couple of times of have been there. Ft. Cobb does not get the pressure like Canton. Although I have not been there myself I hear Thunderbird is a pretty good area to hunt.

21-Jan-16
The best public ground I've found in the okc area is thunderbird there are plenty of deer and some good ones but they're heavily hunted. It can get pretty crowded on the weekend. My main tip would be that the further you go from okc or Tulsa you will find more public land with better hunting and less hunting pressure.

24-Jan-16
I'd hit deep fork wma

24-Jan-16
Okmulgee is really good too!

25-Jan-16
Drive about 2 hours west to Cheyenne OK and get a black kettle map and get after it

27-Jan-16
Like Dustin said, Black Kettle is good until the muzzleloader guys get there. My wife and I went there three years ago and she shot a mature doe over the weekend. I had ample opportunities at small bucks and does.

Thunderbird is where I first started bowhunting. Killed my first 10 or so deer there, mostly on the south end. Very good place with good deer numbers. It's archery only also. It's really good the first week or so until hunters push a lot of deer on to private. Gets good again during the two weeks from muzzleloader through the rut. You'll see other hunters, but don't worry. Sit tight and kill something. It's close to OKC also. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear