Contributors to this thread:
Babysaph 26-Jan-16
woodstick 26-Jan-16
babysaph 26-Jan-16
woodstick 26-Jan-16
Babysaph 26-Jan-16
gobbler 26-Jan-16
26-Jan-16
I have been reading some posts on here about calling a CO for dead deer. Was there really ever a deer kill bill passed by the legislature or was it just something else for other states to use to make fun of us? Also I remember before this bill you had to call a CO for a deer hit by a car if you wanted to pick it up. It seems that policy is still in effect. If that is the case what was the purpose of the bill?

26-Jan-16
WV state code 20-2-4 (e) Wildlife, except protected birds, elk, spotted fawn, and bear cubs, killed or mortally wounded as a result of being accidentally or inadvertently struck by a motor vehicle may be lawfully possessed if the possessor of the wildlife provides notice of the claim within twelve hours to a relevant law-enforcement agency, and obtains a nonhunting game tag within twenty-four hours of possession. The director shall propose administrative policy which addresses the means, methods and administrative procedures for implementing the provisions of this section.

26-Jan-16
So what is different about that that before?

26-Jan-16
Nothing, as far as I know. Maybe it just wasn't in the book before. I remember when the game warden or deputy had a list of people to call who'd come get a roadkill.

26-Jan-16
Me too

26-Jan-16

• Sitka Gear