Sitka Gear
MAKE NOISE!!!! Sunday hunting statewide!
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
sundaynwv 26-Jan-16
sundaynwv 27-Jan-16
JayD 27-Jan-16
wvbownut 28-Jan-16
sundaynwv 28-Jan-16
Babysaph 28-Jan-16
gcoleman 02-Feb-16
Little Bear 17-Feb-16
Little Bear 18-Feb-16
JayD 18-Feb-16
Jim Casto Jr 18-Feb-16
wvbownut 24-Feb-16
Little Bear 24-Feb-16
sundaynwv 24-Feb-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 24-Feb-16
Little Bear 24-Feb-16
Babysaph 25-Feb-16
gcolephone 25-Feb-16
gcolephone 25-Feb-16
gcolephone 25-Feb-16
Babysaph 25-Feb-16
sundaynwv 25-Feb-16
Coop 25-Feb-16
sundaynwv 25-Feb-16
wvbownut 26-Feb-16
gcolephone 26-Feb-16
sundaynwv 26-Feb-16
Kevin Dill 27-Feb-16
Babysaph 27-Feb-16
gcoleman 01-Mar-16
wvbownut 01-Mar-16
wvbownut 01-Mar-16
sundaynwv 01-Mar-16
sundaynwv 01-Mar-16
Big-Otis-Jeff 01-Mar-16
J Myers 19-Mar-16
26-Jan-16
HB 4170 made it out of house natural resources today. Next step is house judiciary committee.YOUR DELEGATE MIGHT NOT BE PART OF THIS COMMITTEE. Please make phone calls to the following members and urge them put HB 4170 on the agenda and to support any Sunday hunting legislation. *indicates delegate from a Sunday hunting county. Shott (Mercer) 340-3252 Lane (Kanawha) 340-3252 Manchin(Marion) 340-3331 *Skinner (Jefferson) 340-3248 Azinger (Wood) 340-3202 Byrd (Kanawha) 340-3362 Deem (Wood) 340-3137 Fast (Fayette) 340-3170 Fleischauer(Mon.) 340-3127 *Fluharty (Ohio) 340-3127 *Folk (Berkeley) 340-3350 Foster(Putnam) 340-3121 *Hanshaw(Clay) 340-3135 Kessinger(Fayette) 340-3197 *Marcum (Mingo) 340-3126 McCuskey (Kanawha) 340-3183 *Moore(McDowell) 340-3165 *Overington (Berkeley) 340-3148 Rowe(Kanawha) 340-3287 Shaffer (Preston) 340-3160 Sobonya (Cabell)340-3175 *Weld (Brooke) 340-3367 *Zatezalo (Hancock) 340-3120

27-Jan-16
Funny how this topic two years go produced a hundred replies mainly how it's not possible. Fast forward two years and it produces zero replies when it is possible.

27-Jan-16
I have already spoken to Mike Folk. He told me it looks good towards passing. I have not been online much the past week because of blizzard so maybe a few others have had the same reason for not posting

28-Jan-16
Emailed the entire bunch yesterday.

28-Jan-16
Thank you.

28-Jan-16
I called my rep.

02-Feb-16

17-Feb-16

Little Bear's Link
I know I made calls and sent e-mails, but now it is time for everyone who wants to see Sunday hunting for every county to let your opinion be known.

The Senate passed a bill 34-0 to allow the sale of alcohol earlier in the day on Sunday. How could they refuse to allow a vote to allow Sunday hunting which is estimated to have over a $70 million economic impact for our state?

Let's ring those phones!

Hit the link to get the phone numbers of the Senators on the Natural Resources Committee and ask for Senate Bill 331 to get a vote.

18-Feb-16
Vice Chair, Mark Maynard (Wayne County) supports the bill. That's a plus as he would have some influence to move the bill.

Make some calls before next Tuesday.

18-Feb-16
Thanks for the info!

18-Feb-16
I'm optimistic. With the coal miners loosing their employment and the state falling short in income the legislators know something has to give to increase some revenues.

24-Feb-16
I noticed that the senate natural resource committee had this on today's agenda. "Committee Substitute for SB331 - Relating to hunting or trapping on private lands." What does committee substitute mean???

24-Feb-16
It means it was amended by the committee.

It is my understanding they put another bill into it to get a two for one, kind of like what happened with the elk restoration bill last year.

DNR had no objections to what was being added so if it passed the committee today it is over one hurdle. If it didn't pass, I'm hoping there was more than a voice vote so we can see who was for and against.

24-Feb-16
The other bill is concealed carry in state parks added by Senator Karnes.

24-Feb-16
that one got shot down didn't it?

24-Feb-16
Bill is dead. I wish the best to Jackson and any other county that wants to try and get it passed under the current process.

Maybe next year will be different. There's an election coming and it would pay dividends to know how those running for election in your county feel about issues that you care about.

25-Feb-16
Man what a bummer. I am not sure why they would vote against this.

25-Feb-16
Same reason a guy like trump is leading polls ..our political system is a joke...no reason sunday hunting should not have passed but one arm chair Quarter back political person with a bit of power didnt want it...its not what the people want its what one power hungry pud wants...happens in all branchs of our state and nation

25-Feb-16
Same reason a guy like trump is leading polls ..our political system is a joke...no reason sunday hunting should not have passed but one arm chair Quarter back political person with a bit of power didnt want it...its not what the people want its what one power hungry pud wants...happens in all branchs of our state and nation

25-Feb-16
If the liquor thing passed and sunday hunting didnt we need clean house in charleston... what screwed up bunch of state Representatives we got

25-Feb-16
agreed.

25-Feb-16
Remember in November

25-Feb-16
Well I will for one refuse to buy a license in WV this year. Like always I'll buy my license in Ohio and this year will ONLY hunt there!

25-Feb-16
I understand why.

26-Feb-16
George who is the " one arm chair Quarter back political person with a bit of power didn't want it" guy. If we know who these people are we can try to vote them out of office. Especially since they voted for the lower of buying alcohol on Sunday. As someone said the other day " you could stop at the store before church and drink a few beers before services start. But you still can't hunt on those days.

26-Feb-16
Tom we meed to know ....we need to all pool our resources get a list and make some calls

26-Feb-16
Statewide Sunday hunting probably needs to wait for a change in the majority.

27-Feb-16
Ohioan here. I feel for you guys.

I remember (what seems like) a long time ago when Ohio had no Sunday hunting. We tried for years, and the opposition was everywhere. The religious right...the liberal animal lovers...farmers and landowners...even the state seemed against it. Just felt like total and unreasonable oppression. I used to ask the ODNR why was it legal to fish on Sunday? The answer is always a combo of political/cultural rationale.

When it finally changed, the ODNR required the hunter to take an official state-issued form to a landowner and get expressed written consent to hunt their land on Sunday. If you hunted without the Sunday permit, it was a violation. That went on for a couple years and then (if I recall correctly) the permit requirement was dropped. It felt like a major pita struggle just to get over the first hump. Today we don't even think about it, and Sunday hunting is as normal as fried chicken.

I hope you guys get it. My perception may be skewed, but WV has such a history of self-serving politics and crooked special interest deals. I see this because I live in SE Ohio and we get all the Huntington-Charleston tv stations...and news coverage. I love WV and we go there often, but much of the state still operates in political shadows. I'm pulling for you guys.

27-Feb-16
You are right Kevin. There are a lot of crooks in our Gubment.

01-Mar-16
made the call to Armstead for house bill 4307 sunday hunting today as I was directed by WVBA one call I got last nite from little bear... is there any hope for this happening by 11 am today,, why not some chatter here on last ditch effort to call? or is it a lost cause this year

01-Mar-16
sent him an email this morning. I don't have cell phone service at the vo tech center

01-Mar-16
saw that it passed the house and is communicated to the senate.

01-Mar-16
Without the Sunday hunting amendment. It was ruled as non germane.

01-Mar-16
Without the Sunday hunting amendment. It was ruled as non germane.

01-Mar-16
So did the conceal carry in state parks pass ? or die right along with it?

Wonder if that's why it didn't make it, adding that bill to it

19-Mar-16
Could someone please help me to understand why bill 4170 did not pass. I have read two articles by Chris Lawrence from metro news where if this passed it would bring in at least 73 million dollars into this state. Just from Sunday hunting. With the money problems and budget problems this state is having right now, one would think that this bill would help out in some way. But yet, the brunch bill is ok.

• Sitka Gear