Robertfishes 29-Aug-17
Robertfishes 29-Aug-17
Swampbuck 30-Aug-17
BearClaw 31-Jan-20
BearClaw 31-Jan-20
28-Jan-16

Swampbuck's embedded Photo
Damn bears!! We got beat up good this year. I hope they open the season up in the closed BMUs this year. At least for land owners.

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

28-Jan-16

29-Jan-16
great pics!

we got similar damage with no proof

03-Feb-16

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Yeah, we're overrun with them at our camp in Glades County. We had to suspend all our feeders on high wires. Obviously they don't care about me I sat in the tree taking this video of them

13-Apr-16

13-Apr-16

16-Apr-16
Interesting how the poulation is broken up

Or how the fwc divided it

11-Aug-17

They're back and multiplying!

11-Aug-17
The problem is this extremist, animal rights group is operating there in Florida and gloating about stopping the bear hunting.

https://www.oneprotest.org/

12-Aug-17
Another problem is the nuisance bears that are trapped are let loose in my neck of the woods. It's a none bear hunting zone, BS!!

27-Aug-17
My 3000 acre hunt club is in Levy County. This is my 4th year on this land. The first year no Bears were seen by our members, the 2nd year one was caught on camera by a member, The 3rd year several guys had their feeders tore down..this year the guys are having lots of pictures of bears knocking over there tripod feeders. Talking with guys on the properties around us it seems everybody is having bear issues. We have heard stories of "trapped Nuisance" bears being released around Otter Creek. I went thru a bear population explosion at my old lease just east of Silver Springs/Ocala 10 years ago. I went from seeing 1 bear per year to seeing 4 or 5 per day in 5 years. I saw a few Sows with 3 or 4 cubs.

28-Aug-17
I'm just northwest of Otter Creek off of 336. It's getting rediculious with the amount of bear activity being seen.

29-Aug-17
we are between 6 mile and 4 mile hunt clubs, NNE of Otter creek.

29-Aug-17

Robertfishes's embedded Photo
Robertfishes's embedded Photo
This newly set up feeder is between 2 pines 16 ft apart, there is a boat winch to raise and lower the 240# feeder. When not in use the winch handle is reversed to keep it from spinning. I would think this one is Bear Resistant not totally bear proof since a bear can grab the winch cable to shake corn from the feeder. The guys in my lease have pics of bears knocking over their tripod feeders or knocking the motors off the bottom and walking away from the spilled corn.. what kind of bear does that?

30-Aug-17
Robert, i started hanging our tripod feeders last year. Definitely a 2 man job, the hardest thing I've found is finding the right tree(s) to hand the feeder in coordination with a stand tree. 2 down, 14 to go

31-Jan-20
Raised in Alaska I know that bears get ballsy and they have no manners and simply don't care! This can make them dangerous in ruraL residential areas.

31-Jan-20
Raised in Alaska I know that bears get ballsy and they have no manners and simply don't care! This can make them dangerous in rural residential areas.

• Sitka Gear