CurveBow 22-Feb-16
JayG@work 22-Feb-16
T ZEKE 13-Mar-16
Ace of Spades 15-Mar-16
Squash 14-Apr-16
Squash 14-Apr-16
T Mac 15-Apr-16
29-Jan-16
Nice picture. Just a dusting in the hills (4H) where I hunt. The deer still left the hills but no one is seeing anything. Can't even get a road kill for the coyotes.

29-Jan-16
I am not complaining Pat! Nice to see the wildlife got a break so far. I would take that over snowmobiling any day.

30-Jan-16
I'm told there is about 1.5 feet a few miles to the north of you which will probably be gone in the next week... Still very good for the deer. It is nice to see the state recognizing the decline in deer population in 6J and is considering not allowing does to be taken during early ML. Now, if they would only cut back on the DMP's they issue.

02-Feb-16
Just south of the Capital and we have had 5.5"s all year. I was in SC when we got 90% of that and when I got home a week later, it was gone. I wish we would get at least some. Shawn

19-Feb-16
Depends where you are in the state. I know some guys in the snow belt that are getting some winter kill. I am in the southern zone and no winter kill here. My turnip and beet plots are being hammered when they are not frozen like a rock! Shawn

19-Feb-16
Awesome Pat! No winter yarding in 4p by me either all deer looking pleasantly plump

21-Feb-16
shhhhhush, like saying a pitcher has a no hitter going ,sure way to spoil it,... lot of winter left ...Tom

22-Feb-16
I wonder about the ice in the woods. Warm spells, rain events and then freezing weather have left a lot of boilerplate ice under the snow at my house in Herkimer County. I live about 12 miles North of the thruway, but at 1,400 ft elevation. One area I visited in Hamilton County 3 weeks ago had powder, then ice crust, then more powder and hard ice under that. I fell multiple times and needed my Micro Spikes I use in the High Peaks!

>>>>-------->

22-Feb-16
I had about 8" of hard pack on my property, Upper Lewis County. My deer are doing okay, but sadly, there weren't many left going in to this Winter. They got hammered last winter, then the long rifle season didn't help matters any... I do have a bunch of Partridge on my land. I have game camera pics of 5 in one frame.. Pretty cool. They were in the bare spots in my clover.

13-Mar-16
Pat that is great news ! After the last 2 winters they need a break..Should make for bigger deer and better hunting...Tom

15-Mar-16
This is the least amount of snow most areas of upstate NY have ever seen.... dating back to the late 1800's

14-Apr-16
Now if we could only get a handle on the coyote and B bear predation, plus another mild winter, and maybe the herd would rebound ? And, don't tell me that there is little impact from predation. I shot 9 coyotes out of my house window this past winter, this speaks volumes on how many coyotes are out there, and why not only deer populations are down but small game as well.

14-Apr-16

Squash's embedded Photo
Squash's embedded Photo

15-Apr-16
Nice shootin Squash, great pic!

• Sitka Gear