Swampy 03-Feb-16
RJN 04-Feb-16
ArchersQuest 04-Feb-16
ScrubBuck 04-Feb-16
razorhead 04-Feb-16
RutNut_@work 04-Feb-16
dbl lung 04-Feb-16
31-Jan-16
Anyone hear this? I dont have details but the buck was shot about 3 miles from my lease in Rockland. I heard 192 net.

01-Feb-16
That would not be #1 if true.

01-Feb-16

Jeff in MN's Link
If you are talking about the one near Wild Rose here is an article. But that is not near Rockland.

gross score of 198 2/8 inches and a net of 188 2/8

01-Feb-16

Jeff in MN's Link
Here is another article on a different buck.

01-Feb-16
the Brian Inda buck is several years old and has already been beat

01-Feb-16
Smokey- I thought the current #1 p+y buck scored 191 6/8. This buck was scored last week, the Kessara buck.

01-Feb-16
Sorry, you did not say gun or bow.

02-Feb-16
Announced today. It was Panel scored a Lacrosse County buck at 193 4/8”

02-Feb-16
Do you happen to have a link or a picture of the buck? I hunt in Bangor, next to Rockland and would love to see a story about it.

02-Feb-16

RJN's embedded Photo
RJN's embedded Photo
201 5/8 gross 30 5/8 main beams. Shot Nov 5. 5 tines over 11 inches

02-Feb-16
Nice looking rack.

A relative of mine shot a big buck in Lacrosse county during gun season. Many neighbors knew about the buck and were eager to score. The guy that got it is a dairy farmer and hardly ever gets time to hunt but this year the time he had was apparently enough to connect.

02-Feb-16

Stinky Jim's Link
Just found this posted on Facebook.

03-Feb-16
I'm going to ask because I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know if this was a crossbow kill?

03-Feb-16
Good question, that would be rediculous. I'm all for it if he's elderly or handicap, but should be the 'crossgun' record then. I assume he shot it with a bow.

03-Feb-16
If P&Y scored it, it cannot be an xbow kill.

03-Feb-16
I only see the WBBC panel score not a P&Y. WBBC Facebook page says deer "arrowed" and called him an archer so that is a bowkill until I hear otherwise.

03-Feb-16
Just curious. it's odd to see someone pose for a kill pic without their bow. I see it more often with crossbow hunters that want to call it a bow kill. Either way, it's a great buck.

03-Feb-16
I hate posing with my bow in pictures because it now gets people thinking :) That deer is a monster by the way.

03-Feb-16
Sorry smokey. I read this comment "Smokey- I thought the current #1 p+y buck scored 191 6/8. This buck was scored last week, the Kessara buck. " and just assumed it was entered to P&Y. My bad.

03-Feb-16
My understanding is if a buck of this caliber is scored by Buck and Bear, it has to be confirmed by P+Y.

03-Feb-16
It does not have to be confirmed by P&Y unless the hunter wants to enter the buck into the P&Y records.

03-Feb-16
Bow Tech good to hear . Because the number three NonTypical in Penn. in the archery record's was shot with a crossbow .

04-Feb-16
m.jsonline.com. Very cool to see a guy with a 'back 40' shoot a giant like this. Goes to show you don't need 500+ acres to shoot mature bucks. More landowners are improving habitat, planting food plots, and showing restraint.

04-Feb-16

ArchersQuest's Link
Great article on the state record and the hunter in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

I agree with Paul Smith when he say's John Kessara sets a very good example for the hunting community.

04-Feb-16
Awesome article/story, now theres a guy hunting for all the right reasons, seems like a genuine down to earth guy. Congrats on a great deer. And the best thing is the ol' boy used a vertical bow !!!

04-Feb-16
Great article, I agree with ArchersQuest

04-Feb-16
Awesome buck shot by what sounds to be a great guy. I won't lie, I would have thought less of it had it been a crossbow kill. It's good to see an older hunter out there enjoying his property and sticking with a vertical bow.

04-Feb-16
An amazing story. In fact it proves a lot of things and will make some guys think about how complicated hunting really is even though one must be in the right place at the right time.

• Sitka Gear