Deer Deaths!
Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Steve White 01-Feb-16
Mike F 01-Feb-16
Steve White 01-Feb-16
01-Feb-16

Steve White's Link
Numerous times I have gotten into debates with folks. Over what predators are killing off the deer herd. There is an ongoing study in MI that many are aware of. The study results are clearly finding the exact same thing my own commons sense has long said. Bears are opportunistic at best. Going to be real interesting when they get to the deep snow portion of the study. Things will greatly change then in those areas. Because we all know deer yard up in deep snow areas. So where do you think the wolves go. In fact just talking to a friend in MI 2 days ago. May have me train a few dogs for him this month on cats. Since the deer have moved to the yards. So have the cats. So have the wolves. As he said it. Your screwed for cat hunting here now!

But common sense logic to things is lacking in today's world. So we need expensive studies to prove what many already know. So this year we will need a new scapegoat. So wolves dont get any blame in it. I nominate the fisher for this. An aggressive predator that surely is killing all the fawns now. I will begin a study on this as well. Please send your donations to help fund this to my home address, LMAO!!!

01-Feb-16
Here's how the "New" Predator study will go.

After all the deer are in the yard and the predators have followed, we will kill all of the wolves to prove they didn't have the opportunity to eat the deer in the yard. Once this 3 year study has been completed then we will move on to coyotes for the next 3 years and of course wolves would have to be shot on site also as they will skew the number of deer eaten out of the yarding area.

The number of deer will be counted before any of the predator harvest begins each season and recorded.

With the deep snow, the wolves will be easy to target and remove form the study area.

Shouldn't take millions of dollars to implement and compile the numbers either!

If the herd isn't reduced them we know they eat wolves. Of course we will have to include a figure for normal over winter mortality.

Any volunteers to help out???

01-Feb-16
Deer that ate wolves would be awesome. Not sure how well that would go for us though. Is that an episode in the upcoming 2016 season of ZOO?

• Sitka Gear