razorhead 02-Feb-16
stp2 02-Feb-16
Drop Tine 02-Feb-16
Turkeyhunter 02-Feb-16
Swampy 03-Feb-16
ArchersQuest 04-Feb-16
Jeff in MN 04-Feb-16
02-Feb-16
Like so many WWII veterans he is no longer with us but happy birthday.

Thanks to him for providing a safe environment for me to grow up, providing me with all the tools and knowledge necessary to make a productive life for myself and my family. Stuff like teaching me to hunt, fish, build stuff, and fix stuff.

02-Feb-16
Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

02-Feb-16
Happy Birtday to your dad. !!! My Dad turns 90 this Dec. and still gun hunts on his own. A little slower but a lot of great stories!!!!!!!

02-Feb-16
Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Thank you for honoring him!

God Bless

02-Feb-16
God Bless your dad and you, your a lucky guy

02-Feb-16
Can't thank that generation enough. I wish their values, principles and examples could carry more influence in today's world. Thank you to your dad.

02-Feb-16
Happy Birthday! My dad also a WW II vet would have been 99 on the 17th of this month. Lost him when I was 21 and Juat starting to get it.

02-Feb-16

Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Turkeyhunter's embedded Photo
Hey Jeff, that's a remarkable tribute to your dad.

Like stp2 said - 'Can't thank that generation enough'. That's why they're called the Greatest Generation.

If my Pop was alive he'd be 92 later this month. I think about him every day (mom too).

Dad landed at Utah Beach as an infantry replacement in a weapons platoon. He was wounded in the Meuse River crossing liberating Belgium in September, 1944.

Raised a family and lived a normal life.

03-Feb-16
Happy Birthday to him . It's up to you to do the celebrating I guess .

04-Feb-16
Happy Birthdays to all of the Greatest Generation. Those of us who came after have to make sure no one ever forgets their sacrifices for our freedoms.

04-Feb-16
Thanks for all your kind words and for honoring and sharing stories of your heroes from the greatest generation.

I never really knew what went on in WWII until I watched many of the documentary shows on Dishnet the last couple of years. History class and Hogan's Heroes just didn't tell it all. Same with Korea and Vietnam. My Dad's younger brother served in Korea. Lost him when he went through ice while trapping. Another brother of my dad lost his arm in WWII.

• Sitka Gear