Sitka Gear
Strictly Sticks trad 3D-Sunday, Feb. 14!
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 03-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 03-Feb-16
Red Beastmaster 03-Feb-16
hawkeye in PA 03-Feb-16
RC 04-Feb-16
redbuffalo 04-Feb-16
Dave G. 04-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 04-Feb-16
RC 04-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 04-Feb-16
redbuffalo 04-Feb-16
Bob Hildenbrand 04-Feb-16
RC 04-Feb-16
Bob Hildenbrand 09-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 09-Feb-16
J3100 10-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 10-Feb-16
J3100 10-Feb-16
6bloodychunks 12-Feb-16
03-Feb-16

HARRY  CARRY's embedded Photo
Sunday, February 14th, 2016; a calendar date very much associated with a bow and arrow.

And that's exactly what "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" will be doing, as we'll be hosting a "Traditional Gear" 3-D shoot from 8 AM until 1 PM at the East Huntingdon Sportsmen's Association clubhouse and grounds in Alverton, Westmoreland County, PA.

We don't really think 'Ole Cupid himself will be there, but you just never know! What we do know is that we'll have a 30 target course set up somewhere along all of the possible pathways, and that there will be a few of those "challenging" shots "Sticks" is famous for.

Now, if your sweetheart has made big plans, well, the course can be shot in less than a day....!!!! So, why not bring YOUR sweetheart along, put a bow and arrow in their hands, a pair of winter boots on their feet, and let them have fun, too! Then, you'll have the afternoon all for yourselves, maybe even at a crowded restaurant!

Unlike "Valentines Day" which only happens once a year, "Sticks" chooses to CELEBRATE MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR! Why limit the fun to a single day and a box of $2.75 chocolates? Nah....SHOOT ARROWS FROM A BOW! Now THAT'S a celebration! You can go to the Olive Garden any time, but you can't do a "Sticks" shoot just any time!!

Now: here's a small disclaimer, for what we hope does not happen. IF WE/THE AREA GETS HAMMERED WITH SNOW, like 2 weekends ago, there will be a strong probability that our event will be cancelled. Nobody could move in that mess; the clubhouse and property were inaccessible for a few days. If the weather starts acting funky, just keep an eye on this thread, or our Facebook page ("Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers").

That said, we hope to see you Sunday, February 14th, for our shoot. We can't promise that box of chocolates, or a Cherub running around with a Scythian Horse bow, but we think we can promise a smile or 3, a good shooting course, and laughter with friends!

Who knows: if you bring your sweetheart, you'll already be ahead of the game!!!

See yinz the 14th! And, THANK YOU for your consideration!

Signed: The Crew

03-Feb-16

03-Feb-16
Nothin but heart shots!

03-Feb-16
Low and tight or ten rings?

04-Feb-16

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Anyone have a left hand crossbow I can borrow?

04-Feb-16
No crossbow but we can get spears. I only need 1 arm to throw it. We would be matched up.

04-Feb-16
You better not let Chris catch you wearing her sweater. :^)

How ya feeling there RC? Hope there's not too much residual pain.

04-Feb-16
RC: I have a 10# kid's bow in the basement, and a couple of short length 1416 alums. Pull the string back with your teeth, and let'er fly. Get redbuffalo to hold the bow for ya! ((Legal Disclaimer: Strictly Sticks is not responsible for any injury incurred, (while RC and redbuffalo are practicing Archery with sharp pointy sticks,) to RC, redbuffalo, or any/all persons within a 30 yard range, while attending a Sticks shoot where RC is present. WHEW...legal stuff done!!))

04-Feb-16
Dave, thank god for pain pills. :)

04-Feb-16
Redbeastmaster: shot through the heart, and you're to blame. You give stickbows a good name (good name)....

04-Feb-16
Your singing to Redbeastmaster is scary. But don't worry about my spears. Closest I have are my full length 2712s. But they fly good with a 300 grain head. My shoulder doing better. Been getting therapy on it. They are thinking a pinched nerve and tendenitis. So hopefully I can shoot pretty soon.

04-Feb-16
We be there on the 14th.

Hey old coot. I'll be over Friday after work.

04-Feb-16
Ok Bobby

09-Feb-16
Weather channel says -3 on Saturday night. Dress warm!

09-Feb-16
Hey ALL: just off the phone with Crew Members: WE ARE CANCELLING THE FEBRUARY SHOOT.

FEBRUARY SHOOT..THIS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 14TH'S SHOOT IS CANCELLED.

We are concerned for the well-being and safety of ALL PERSONS INVOLVED, WHETHER THEY ARE GUESTS OR CREW.

Consider: it takes 3 to 4 hours to set up a course. It takes 2 hours or so to tear down a course. Some of our Crew are dealing with the ongoing flu/cold that just can't be shaken, and there are other health issues we need to consider. FOR EVERYONE. INCLUDING OUR REGULAR GUESTS.

WE APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE WHO PLANNED ON ATTENDING. But, we'd rather be proactive and cancel now, instead of leaving everyone guessing up to the last moment.

The Crew of "Strictly Sticks" hopes you all understand what we are faced with, especially when we try to present a worthy event that people will enjoy.

If we end up erring on the side of caution, so be it. We'd rather see EVERYONE POSSIBLE at our March "Archer Appreciation Shoot", than know we caused problems because we didn't cancel when we should have.

If you know anyone who may have been planning to attend, please, would you consider giving them a phone call or email? We know there are a few people who don't use the computer/internet.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THIS DECISION. And, hopefully, you'll forgive us, and still come to our March shoot!

Sincerely,

Randy Davis, on behalf of ALL THE CREW OF "STRICTLY STICKS"

10-Feb-16
What would be the latest time you would want shooters starting?

10-Feb-16
Jeff, if you are referring to the shoot we had scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 14, it is cancelled due to the extreme cold temperatures being forecasted for the weekend.

There will be no shoot this Sunday.

10-Feb-16
got it , posted question before cancellation , good call . bummed though

12-Feb-16
J3100 ......long time no see my friend! :)

its "6bloodychunks" from archerytalk" :)

• Sitka Gear