steve 04-Feb-16
steve 04-Feb-16
Toonces 04-Feb-16
SILVERADO 05-Feb-16
bb 06-Feb-16
Richm444 08-Feb-16
Will 03-Mar-16
03-Feb-16
Bear ribs no,but I have licked lots of bare ribs on my down to ehhhh forget it..cant help you

03-Feb-16
Actually, I thought this was going to be asking about how hard it is to get an arrow through them.....

Where'd you get 'em?

You might try and older version of Joy of Cooking. They've got recipes for 'coon and 'possum and I think muskrat, so chances are pretty good....

Or maybe try allrecipes.com

I don't know who told me about it, but it sounds like they know how to do just about anything....

04-Feb-16
Scrape all the meat off grind it and make meatballs the only thing we ate on our bears were the back straps everything left was ground, we made 200 meat ball for our game dinner and they went like crazy there was a lot of lose fat you had to trim off . STEVE

04-Feb-16
pretty much .LOL

04-Feb-16
I would try the same as I do with deer ribs. Trim them up and boil for a while to remove some more of the fat. Dry them off, throw on some spices. I usually do Soy Sauce along with garlic and throw them in the oven for a while.

05-Feb-16

SILVERADO's Link
Try this site.

06-Feb-16
Go to the big game forum and PM fuzzy, he should have some good recipes.

08-Feb-16
I am no expert on smoking anything but I know low heat is key - 275 degrees or so- I wrap mine in aluminum foil and put them in the oven for about 4 hours-

Rub formula is easy: use equal parts - TBS or cup doesn't matter

1 part chili powder 1 part brown sugar 1 part salt 1 part mix of other spices(any twist you want - cayenne pepper, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder etc)

03-Mar-16
This is not a rib recipe per se, but the best wild game I ever ate was bear cooked for hours in a crock pot with good old fashioned "sweet and sour" sauce. It was like eating protein candy :) YUMMY! I'd have to think if you cut the rib's into smaller segments you could do ribs that way...

• Sitka Gear