hoppies56 01-Mar-16
woodstick 01-Mar-16
bowfisher 06-Mar-16
bowfisher 22-Mar-16
UCMDEER 24-Mar-16
04-Feb-16

hoppies56's embedded Photo
hoppies56's embedded Photo
Anyone found any yet, , little early yet i think. When out today and pulled cards.

04-Feb-16
They are still hanging onto them for the most part here in Northern WV. Nice buck Hoppies56

04-Feb-16
I'm going to the farm in the morning to shed hunt this weekend. My Game officer friend found 6 yesterday in another part of Monroe yesterday. One was a good complete set from year before last. They were in a high grassy area and greenish with algae.

04-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

05-Feb-16
I have found two matching sets so far. One set in my yard and another in my hay field across the road. I would probably be able to find more but I can't walk due to an injury I sustained back in December.

I know another guy who has found about 30 so far.

05-Feb-16
30 sheds so far in WV this winter? If so that is impressive.

05-Feb-16
Wow 30 sheds, That is a lot for first week of Feb,I worked with a guy over in Ohio who would find 60 or so every year. Me i am lucky to find 5 or 6 a year, some people have better eyes for it i think.

05-Feb-16
I think a lot of it is knowing where to look. Also it's a learning curve much like Morels and arrowheads. Some people will walk right past them and not see them while someone can come behind them and find them. Most of the time with sheds people are looking for whole antlers when you should be looking for white vertical lines, which would be tines. Most of the time u don't see the whole antler. Sometimes u do.

05-Feb-16
I was wrong about the number. I must have misheard. His actual number is 23 to date (still a lot). He found 40 last year. He is very good at it. He and his wife brought us dinner while I couldn't get out of the recliner and he spotted one up on the hillside at my house from the road.

05-Feb-16
What county are all these sheds being found in pawpaw?

05-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Got to farm late today. These monsters were found around 1 feeder

05-Feb-16
Wow Gobbler. Looks like all my the deer in Pendleton county made it down your way,

05-Feb-16
Wow Gobbler, I bet your glad they made it! :-)

05-Feb-16

05-Feb-16
Lol, that's what I was thinking. I'm sure there are some better ones there. Good age diversity.

06-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
I was out walking thru the woods today. It was a perfect day. Not too cold not too hot. Perfect day for shed hunting, the leaves were still matted down from the recent snow and the sun was shining to help aid in the spotting of a glint of white that might be an antler.

06-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
But to be fair I did find some good rubs

06-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

06-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

06-Feb-16
I've got to get into some of the thicker and nastier south facing bedding areas tomorrow.

This time of the year if you're not finding a lot of poop you're not in their bedding areas. If you're passing piles of poop with every couple of steps you're in the right area.

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
2 more pocket stuffers today

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
I know I'm not very good with wildlife related things but I think this is a squirrel trail?

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Here's some more of those trees that are chewed on one side. I thought it might be beavers but I have never seen a beaver here. My buddy said it might be night beavers. I had never heard of them but it makes sense now that I think about it.

07-Feb-16

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
To make it more challenging I try to focus on spike sheds. They are harder to find than those big 8s and10s with all those 10 and 12 inch tunes sticking up. Just sounds too easy to me.

08-Feb-16
Rutbuster - mostly bow counties.

08-Feb-16
well where I hunt gobbler that wouldn't be a squirrel trail. That is where the good ole boys sneak onto my place to hunt when I am not there.

08-Feb-16
pawpaw - Those are still really good shed numbers. I guess I just don't spend enough time shed hunting. Maybe not enough time in the right spots anyway.

08-Feb-16
Do button bucks shed the little fuzzy knobs on their heads?

08-Feb-16
Good question! I'm not sure. For an antler to shed it has to have a pedicel. I may be wrong but I think the buttons are just protuberances of bone that actually develop into the actual pedicel.

08-Feb-16
My 9 yr old son stumped me with that question Saturday morning as we watched a button buck feed in our back yard. He said those things would be really hard to find.

How do they think of some of this stuff.

08-Feb-16
Kids get exposed to so much information at such an early age anymore it's hard to tell what's going on in their mind. On one hand it's great, on the other hand it's scary.

09-Feb-16
I like those trophy button bucks. The ones that are about one or two inces and all red and fuzzy.

09-Feb-16

19-Feb-16

shedhead1's embedded Photo
shedhead1's embedded Photo

19-Feb-16
Wow that is a good one.

19-Feb-16
Impressive find shedhead1. That's a dandy.

19-Feb-16
Thanks. Logan county has some nice bucks.

29-Feb-16
Anyone finding anything? Went for the first time over the weekend, found a real old dead head but that's it

01-Mar-16
Covered a lot of ground Sunday, nothing found.

01-Mar-16
I found one side of an 8pt Saturday. It still had fresh blood on the base. Went back out Sunday and struck out.

06-Mar-16

bowfisher's embedded Photo
Screenshot from my video today. This one is at least 2 years old. Looks like 3 maybe 4.

22-Mar-16

Quick 3 miles today turned these up

24-Mar-16
I have found four, my wife has found five, adjoining neighbor found seven and another neighbor found two

• Sitka Gear