Babysaph 05-Feb-16
Turk 05-Feb-16
gobbler 05-Feb-16
Lone Eagle 06-Feb-16
Turk 06-Feb-16
04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo
This past fall I was fortunate enough to draw a Colorado Mountain Goat tag after applying for 15 years. I started applying the year that my first grandchildren, (twin boys) were born.

I was actually in Colorado elk hunting when they were born. They were born earlier than expected. I found out after I returned home that it is not uncommon for twins to come early. I would never have went on that hunt had I known that they may be born while I was away. Probably more information than needed :-)

Here are some pictures of the scenery that I saw on my way to the mountain.

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

04-Feb-16
Nice, looks like good goat terrain also good basins for bighorns. Did u see any sheep while hunting?

Great pictures, a hunt like that for high country goats, sheep, or muleys above timberline is a trip that everyone should try and do at least once. It gives you a whole different perspective of hunting.

This is exactly why about 8-10 years ago I got on here and started recommending to people that they needed to start applying for points if they ever wanted to go and experience a hunt like this.

Thanks for sharing!

05-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo
Thanks Greg.

No I didn't see any sheep in the areas that I scouted and hunted. I don't think that there are any in those areas.

You are right about the hunt being a great experience.

It was close to 20 years ago that I started building points on some of the harder to draw hunts. I knew then that there are species that I would never get to hunt without drawing one of these tags. That was one of the smartest things that I ever did. I am starting to reap the rewards of those points now!

Here are some goats that I saw while scouting.

05-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

05-Feb-16
Nice pics. A great hunt.

05-Feb-16

Turk's embedded Photo
Turk's embedded Photo

05-Feb-16
Neat animal. I'm glad u got to hunt them and get one. You'll have to be careful from now on. Everybody will be trying to get your goat!

06-Feb-16
Congrats, nice pictures.

06-Feb-16
Thanks Babysaph, gobbler, and Lone Eagle.

I am really just happy to have had the opportunity to get to experience this hunt. Being able to harvest the Goat was just a bonus. Especially when I was able to do it on my grandsons birthday!

• Sitka Gear