CaptMike 10-Feb-16
Bloodtrail 10-Feb-16
Turkeyhunter 10-Feb-16
HunterR 10-Feb-16
HunterR 10-Feb-16
RutNut_@work 11-Feb-16
05-Feb-16

RutNut_@work's Link
So many more important things they could be working on. But the real issues probably wouldn't line their pockets.

05-Feb-16
yeah, that's important, the bozo's in Madison, just keep at it,,,,,, you can't make this stuff up.....

what are they up to now, at least 3 guns for mentor hunting........

05-Feb-16
Take a look at the 20 other bills. Some good, some silly, and some just plain don't seem to accomplish much. I would put blaze pink in the silly category.

05-Feb-16
i cant wait to see my first 250 pound burly deer hunter wearing a head to toe blaze pink coverall!!!

05-Feb-16
exactly, and lets endanger our greatest animal resource by continuing to allow shoddy deer farm practices and this idiotic baiting into our hunting. But thank goodness Gander can sell some pink camo my daughter doesn't even want to wear.

05-Feb-16
A complete waste of their time and tax payer money. Silly, is an understatement.

05-Feb-16
I am sad that article is real. I hunted with a rifle in Idaho last year and they don't even require blaze orange. Had to call them just to verify! Talk about a contrast between ID and WI!

05-Feb-16
“No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.”

? Mark Twain

05-Feb-16
"lets endanger our greatest animal resource by continuing to allow shoddy deer farm practices and this idiotic baiting"

Spot-on!

Pink apparently is a critical priority. The legislature certainly has it's priorities.

05-Feb-16
This was another money grab hiding behind the ruse of hunter recruitment. There are so many meaningful issues that could have been tackled that this time and money was wasted on.

05-Feb-16
Only the young and healthy hunting with crossguns should be required to wear blaze pink. What will they come up with next?

05-Feb-16
Spot on, Bow Tech and Jeff. There were 21 bills signed yet the news chose to highlight the pink issue. Gotta read beyond the bold print headlines.

05-Feb-16
I heard from a local warden the other day that carcass tags are eliminated for all game in WI, that is a bigger issue to me than allowing flo pink clothes. He wasn't a big fan of the carcass tag elimination. I hope he was wrong and just misunderstood something.

05-Feb-16
5rs- he was mostly right. Tags were eliminated fir all but two species. I can't remember for sure off the top of my head which two. Maybe bobcat and fischer?

05-Feb-16
skook-

Yes, he said that bobcat and fisher still needed carcass tags. My bad, I forgot about those.

05-Feb-16
I feel really bad for the first dude that tries to buy a beer in the VFW wearing his blaze pink! LOL!

05-Feb-16
What if the pink is worn in support of breast cancer sufferers?

05-Feb-16
"Deal better with change?"

Why not leave well enough alone. It just goes to show you who can and can't be bought in Madison.

Change = run those that are wasting our tax dollars out of office. It starts locally and spreads from there.

I have nothing against anyone wearing any color to take a stand against cancer. But you HAVE to realize that it is all a money maker for those making the clothing.

Yes, I wear pink. Real men wear pink.

05-Feb-16
Here was another in the list

Assembly Bill 13 – intends to return property to owners who have been cleared of charges relating to the seizure of a firearm or ammunition. The bill creates a timeline for this process to ensure individuals will no longer be subject to long wait times for the return of their property.

I know a guy who lost all his guns because some unrelated dude went off the deep end and the swat team came in and got him but also took all the weapons in the homeowners house still hadnt got them back after six years he ended up dying of heart attack somebody has them but not him.

06-Feb-16
This is suppose to draw more women into hunting? LOL! Well I guess they learned with the youth hunt that special seasons dont make hunters. Now we'll try a new dress code and see if that does it? LOL! What a bunch of idiots.

06-Feb-16
I have difficulty actually caring. Meh.

Someone makes money selling blaze pink, why care? Someone's making money selling "Deer View Mirrors", Justin Bieber CDs and brussels sprouts...I'm not buying any of that crap either.

And before you guys of German descent start talking about mom's recipe for bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts...they just suck less when wrapped in bacon. Wrap some bacon around the tags from some new Blaze Pink camo and it'd taste better.

It is a shame that legislatures waste time, money and resources on frivolous crap. It's more of a shame that there are people like Neverbait who would encourage more ridiculous legislation.

They should focus on passing a bill banning cabbage. It makes people smell bad.

06-Feb-16
Like they spent any time in this at all. It's just a feel good measure that hurts nothing.

OB +1

06-Feb-16
I will buy some good brussel sprouts!

The ones I plant get eaten by the deer anyway.

Cabbage doesn't make people smell bad. I like it for coleslaw when I have a fish fry!

As far as this bill, yes a great waste of time and taxpayer money. Make sure you tell your elected officials how upset you are with them wasting my and your money on crap bills like this.

06-Feb-16
Here's the deal on this. Female hunters are one of the fastest growing groups of new hunters. Someone wanted in on this money train. The same thing with crossbows. Bowhunting was one of the fastest expanding forms of hunting. Someone wanted in on the money there as well. They both hide behind the guise of hunter recruitment. Because the area they are piggybacking on was growing new hunters quite well WITHOUT whatever scheme they introduced. But this way they can get in on the money and take credit for the growth.

06-Feb-16
Rut-

BINGO!!

06-Feb-16
Make the Pink for private and orange for Public then the DNR can keep track of real hunters, orange lives matter.

06-Feb-16
Garbage Really? That garbage allows me to see a lot of deer each year. It also allows for a lot of business to thrive. You choose to not use and I choose to use I guess that is where we will always differ Neverbait. I say oh well.

07-Feb-16
Neverbait-

Just an FYI-

Deer have been using the corn, alfalfa and other crop fields that us farmers have been planting since we started planting them. We have been feeding them for more years than both of us have combined. It is something that we have lived with since deer and farming have come together.

I would like to ask you a couple of questions, as you turn your nose to hunting deer that partake of the ability to feed themselves on the crops that us farmers plant on a yearly basis.

What county do you hunt deer in?

As you know deer travel a good number of miles in search of food every year. How far is the area you hunt from the nearest farmers field?

Why are you against us farmers leaving crops stand to benefit not only deer, but every other animal from mice, to songbirds and other game?

It's been done for decades and it has been proven to have a positive impact on the wildlife that use our crops.

Lastly, what degrees do you hold in wildlife biology if any?

Thanks in advance for you r time and answers.

07-Feb-16
Master is just a crackpot who keeps piping up simply for the attention he craves but gets nowhere else.

08-Feb-16
Retro - And what wonderful ideas have you contributed recently to promote anything in the Outdoors?

I thought so!

Some folks love to piss, moan and complain!

So, if they have pink...what skin is it off your back?

Really?

08-Feb-16
I literally care less that hunters may wear pink, or some outlet store might prosper by selling pink camo, or if it does or does not recruit women, breast cancer survivors, or queers. It has no bearing on my life whatsoever, and I cannot believe people get worked up over such silliness. I think people look more silly worrying about the new camo allowed, than the young lady that wears it. Is it going to recruit people because the color of the camo? Likely not, but again, why the hullaballoo over nothing?

For the people wondering when does it stop, or why not leave well enough alone, it doesn't stop, and apparently it wasn't well enough? Like it or not, it's called progress even if it doesn't appeal to you personally. Modern man will make several more blunders in our lifetime that make these sort of topics seem quite infantile.

Man neverbait, there must be a grey cloud looming over you at all times. I really feel sorry for you at times. When is the last time you smiled? Need a hug?

08-Feb-16
Master baiter ... get a life

08-Feb-16
"4- Wildlife biology really? Most wisconsin deer farmers are lucky they can tie their shoes.

Here's my question Why do land owners that manipulate wildlife, embarrassed to call themselves deer farmers,, or reluctant to fence there property in?"

Here is MY question. Why are YOU so confounded and perplexed by people who you claim are "lucky they can tie their shoes?"

Does not make you too smart a guy, by your own statement.

08-Feb-16
It really is kind of ridiculous we are even having this conversation. Like many other things in the world, if we don't change with the times we fall behind. I sounds like Masterbait is falling and cant catch up. :)

08-Feb-16
Bloodtrail, as you have correctly identified, Retro is a whiner. He opines without any positive suggestions of his own. You'll find guys like that scattered here and there, usually spewing from their barstool.

08-Feb-16
Neverbait-

Your reply shows how shallow and narrow minded you are.

As far as me being a deer farmer, I have no fences that keep the deer from moving off of the property. I do have electric fences that keep deer and other critters out of my apple orchard.

I am a deer farmer as much as you are an astronaut!

"To the moon and beyond!"

BTW, I can tie my own shoes. Thank you very much!

08-Feb-16
Neverbait:

"So when no argument can be made, out comes the bashing, typical liberal response."

"4- Wildlife biology really? Most wisconsin deer farmers are lucky they can tie their shoes."

08-Feb-16
Pete-pec, it's not the the fact that some (very few imo) will be wearing pink. Nor is it the fact that they lied again using the recruitment ruse. it's the fact that there are so many REAL problems that could have been worked on while wasting time/money on this. It's a good example of politicians dodging real issues. Yet they handle the fluff pretty well.

08-Feb-16
If it is really important for you to label me as a "deer farmer" because we planted a few apple trees on my buddy's place, knock yourself out.

I'm not going to get worried about some fictitious pejorative that you created. My wife calls me worse things.

However, since you're labeling people "deer farmers" left and right, for you to state " Most wisconsin deer farmers are lucky they can tie their shoes." and then try to side step with "Looks like I did not bash anyone here, because no one here apparently will admit to being a deer farmer." is disingenuous at best.

No need to be passive aggressive about it. Stand up and proclaim it proudly. Own it.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the guys who have devised a way to create the disposable income to purchase their own ground are adept enough at problem solving that tying their shoes isn't an issue.

08-Feb-16
Sarcasm? The reality is you are not man enough to own up to getting caught in your own trap. LOL!

08-Feb-16
CaptMike+1........

08-Feb-16
Can someone delete masterbait!! He's more annoying than RC!

08-Feb-16
RJN +1

I was just thinking it's time to start ignoring masterbaiter just like RC. He derails every thread.

08-Feb-16
Bloodtrail,

Its not the color. Im just laughing at the statement that they think its going to attract more women hunters. LOL! Sorry, there I go again!!

They can add every color under the rainbow for all I care. If they decide to make fluorescent green legal, who cares! Just dont tell me they expect more Irish people to start hunting if they do. LOL!

08-Feb-16
I think Neverbait is spot on. He exposes the baiters for what they are baitplotters. Same thing as putting out a pile of corn no difference.

08-Feb-16
Rut, of course there's bigger issues. These simple things are easy, and honestly don't take a great deal of effort to make them happen as long as blowback is not there. The difference with big issues is you are certainly going to piss off half the people immediately simply because we are so divided. Now that same thing can be discussed here. Pink camo is small...plenty bigger issues....yet we spend that same wasted effort you dislike, disliking this effort to pass something so petty. In other words the argument that there's more important things to work on as a state government, might be used to say there's more important things to get upset about as a state archery forum?

It's really no big deal, and damn, how many switchblades do you think have been sold! I bought 10 myself! Not! ;-)

08-Feb-16
Capt. Mike, Your a sheep who needs to follow what you perceive to be popular opinion. Opinions contrary to yours always result in childish rants and insults, because you have nothing else to add.

08-Feb-16
As a guy who hunts public land as well as the ground my buddies own, I would personally like to see more select cuts with openings to create more browse up North. I think that would assist the herd and improve numbers in the future.

Out of curiosity, Never, are you also against any logging on public ground since that would result in additional food sources, thus "farming" public deer?

08-Feb-16
Ron...

USFWS built us a pond and a scrape decades ago. Frog farmer?

09-Feb-16
Spot on retro! You should know by now to not voice your opinion if it differs from the captain.

09-Feb-16
Retro said, "This is suppose to draw more women into hunting? LOL! Well I guess they learned with the youth hunt that special seasons dont make hunters. Now we'll try a new dress code and see if that does it?"

Retro, tell us, what did they "learn" and who is "they?" Try and use facts, if you have any.

You two girls have your panties in a bundle? Aesop sneaks one in from under his mom's skirt, looking for support from another illiterate?

09-Feb-16
Have to say I go with Neverbait and Upnorth on this one. Baiting/food plots and cabin feeding are all about the same thing!

I put up foodplots - why? Because I want deer on the land I hunt so I can get shot at a nice deer.

Nothing wrong with that - but don't try and tell me I'm doing it for any other reason! And those that food plot - be honest - that's why you do it too.

Does it congregate deer? You bet - any many of them -

Does it benefit all sorts of nature - you bet - added bonus!

09-Feb-16
Out of curiosity, Never, are you also against any logging on public ground since that would result in additional food sources, thus "farming" public deer?

09-Feb-16
Bloodtrail- ;I couldn't disagree more with you, masterbait, and up north. When you dump your 2 gallons of corn by your stand, yes your doing it to attract and kill. When I plant my 5 acres of clover, soybeans, turnips, radishes, winter rye, I'm focusing on the health of the herd in our valley as much as harvesting a few of them. Most of our plots are designed to help the deer get through the winter. Big difference between baiting and planting acres of plots. Masterbaiter- I put you on the same level as the antis. Always thinking hunters and landowners are doing something wrong. Get a life

09-Feb-16
Masterbait, I have no problems with my shooting. Put an apple on your head and I'll show you.

I suspect Master never got an education and then a productive job, thus his jealousy of the private land owner. Jealousy is a very unbecoming trait, yet Master has wallowed in it for so long that he has lost any shame he may have once had. Sorry for your pathetic existence. Remember to feel the "Bern!"

09-Feb-16
Never, do your hypocritical lips stick to the mirror when you talk?

Apparently not productive enough for you to own your own property??

Yes, big difference between jealousy and pity. I have pity on you, you get the jealousy.

09-Feb-16
Agree with RJN, in the farm country I hunt, the food plots are left relatively untouched all through the hunting season. The wildlife (including deer) benefit later in the winter when all the crops have been picked.

Master, I'd tell you to get a life but unfortunately, it sounds as if you have already squandered yours.

09-Feb-16
RJN - You can "mask" the health of the deer thing - but few...very few would do it if they couldn't shoot deer from it. You know that as well as I. Maybe, maybe you do it for "healthy" deer but the real truth of the matter is the kill plot for many if not most!

And before you planted your healthy deer plots...just how did the deer make it through the winter?

My two gallons of corn and backyard feeding not only benefited deer, but squirrels, pheasants, grouse, Junco's, Cardinals and turkey as well.

We fed through the entire season.....

If a law was passed the disallowed anyone from shooting a deer out of a food plot - guess what - Goodbye food plots - almost nobody would plant them (food plots) just to see healthy deer...

09-Feb-16
Once again Bloodtrail you knock it out of the park. Thanks Neverbait we need more people like you on bowsite.

09-Feb-16
Bloodtrail, have to disagree on that. Of course the main purpose of the plots are to benefit the deer but we have not yet killed one single deer on any of our plots and we still plant them every year.

09-Feb-16
"Ron... USFWS built us a pond and a scrape decades ago. Frog farmer?"

Don't tell me you're still having those dreams where you hope/wish/dream/fantasize that everyone that posts here is Ron. You really should try to let it go...

10-Feb-16
If deer didnt grow antlers, not a seed would be sewn, or a kernel thrown.

10-Feb-16
Bloodtrail- as of Sat I've been seeing 3 nice bucks, 8-10 does, and some small bucks feeding in our plots. I think you would agree the deer are 100× healthier feeding in our 5 acres of plots over dumping 2 gallons of corn through the season. Believe it or not, seeing those deer is just as satisfying as shooting one. We've shot one deer out of our plots in 6 yrs so your law would not effect us. Actually hunting the plots had a negative effect because of the intrusion and human scent. Do we put in food plots to see more deeron our land? Absolutely but there is multiple other benefits also.

10-Feb-16
Sure they would retro. We have been displaying trophies since the beginning of time. We wear jewelry, marry beautiful women, drive fancy cars and trucks, build beautiful homes, display trophies after winning an event, drew paintings on cavevwalls, collected bone and teeth, collected feathers, etc. The last is sooooo long that I'm surprised people even care? Of course most people want a large antlered deer. Everyone around us gauges the animal off its rack. It's something WE ALL DO to some level. Your career, your church, your neighborhood etc. This horn porn people speak of applies to our silly lives. But it's in us. It's been in us since early man.

Now those same food plots would be grown, because somehow we'd have to gauge those antlerless deer we killed against someone else's, so we'd likely weigh them or age them, or measure their tail. Don't you get it? It's what we all do. I'll guarantee you do it too. You've just decided your content with any damn deer you kill. I would have to ask though. Have you ever taken a picture of a deer or fish or turkey? Ever measure the beard or spur, or wear any jewelry? These are all status symbols, and it's part of being man....not just modern man I remind you.

Why not let stuff go? Why do things we don't agree with bother us so tremendously? Most of it has such little impact on us, that we somehow have to heighten the alarm bells just so it CAN have an impact on us. Seems crazy!

10-Feb-16
You know I just hunt and have fun,,,,,, geesh its just deer hunting,,,,,,,

10-Feb-16
Really Retro? Since when do doves, pheasants and quail have horns? There are thousands upon thousands of acres of food plots planted for them across the country. Or, is this just another example of your opinion without facts, thought and merit?

10-Feb-16
"I would assume logging on public land would be for profit, regeneration, and actually building materials I guess we all use. Not specifically done to manipulate/ train a wild animal. Farming that is someone's lively hood, is done for food, clothes, energy, also which we all use. Not specifically done to manipulate/ train a wild animal.

Both very different actions than creating a shooting gallery that looks so bad to the antis, not to mention being lazy.

Deer are just not that hard to harvest with a little skill, patience, and persistence, even Capt should be able to shoot one in his pink camo. :)"

OK. Cut trees for profit, incidentally improved habitat for deer and wildlife...GOOD

Cut trees for improved habitat for deer and wildlife and enjoy profit from sale...BAD

Plant crops or fruit trees to feed livestock or sell, incidentally feeding wildlife...GOOD

Plant crops or fruit trees to feed wildlife, enjoying harvest yourself...BAD

Thanks for explaining. I see now that it's really all about purity of intent.

What if a farmer who's farming for a living, food, clothes, energy, which we all use...decides to leave a few rows standing? Is there a percentage of total crop that pushes him into the manipulating category?

What if he intended to harvest everything, but had an equipment problem? Should he make that area of his land off limits?

And how should we all address this problem of ideologically impure ne'er-do-wells? Maybe reeducation camps?

And why restrict this purity of motivation test to hunting only? We could require this for all kinds of stuff!

I wonder if the razor wire around the reeducation camps will be less visually problematic than the deer condos?

This post is not sarcasm. It's sardonic humor.

10-Feb-16
I'll admit this - if the land I own did not have deer, I would not plant a food plot and I would not be going through all the effort of cutting old forest to let new forest regenerate. I only do this labor of love to help improve the deer hunting for my son. Now, the grouse and whatnot are benefitting but I would never spend the time and money I do if not for the deer. Without deer, all this extra time would be spent fishing and spending time at the lake property instead. I'm being honest and expect some serious name calling to be bestowed upon me for this, well at least by one person.

10-Feb-16
Obviously if deer did not exist we would be planting crops that would benefit other animals. We wouldn't be buying a licence or preparing at all for deer season. If you have very few deer, that's the reason for habitat improvement and food plots. Get the deer used to knowing where the food and prime habitat is each yr and I guarantee you'll have results. Or you can be like Masterbait and sell your land for a big profit and then complain about everyone else improving their land.

10-Feb-16
Master, put that Apple on your head yet? It should sit nicely on that square platform.

10-Feb-16
In the north, Food Plots and Baitpiles + Wolves = Fat Wolves.

10-Feb-16
Capt Mike is ignorant to the situation in the north. He doesnt hunt there. But will anybody be shocked that he will still tell us how it is. LOL!

10-Feb-16
Yea, I am working on expanding my horizons. LOL!!

10-Feb-16
I like some of the responses I have read - even the ones that don't necessarily agree with me. I still disagree - but I am seeing some stuff that makes sense and projected in a professional tone!

Thanks!

10-Feb-16
"Ron... USFWS built us a pond and a scrape decades ago. Frog farmer?"

Don't tell me you're still having those dreams where you hope/wish/dream/fantasize that everyone that posts here is Ron. You really should try to let it go...

Hardly Ron. All I had to do is scatter the bait. Knew you would rise to it.

Wishing you and all of your multiple handles a terrific day.

Hee, hee...

10-Feb-16
Now I'm Ron too? You were scattering bait for me? Living rent free, 24/7. ;-)

10-Feb-16
I gotta agree with happy on this one, I also would not plant food plots if my land had no deer. 3-5 acres of plots yearly plus I've been giving the farmers who rent some of the land a break on rent for almost the last decade to leave 2 6-ish acre pieces of standing corn until spring. This is more for giving them a place to hide throughout the season rather than the food/bait plot idea in an effort to help rebuild the population (cwd area.) Food plots, bait piles...other than physical size very little difference imo. They both train deer like they're puppies, but as someone else mentioned above with a little effort deer aren't that terribly hard to hunt in the first place.

11-Feb-16
Neverbait, do you have bird feeders out around your house? If so why? Don't artificially alter the birds patterns just for your viewing pleasure. View them the real way, follow their patterns.

• Sitka Gear