Contributors to this thread:
Vtec15 05-Feb-16
sweet old bill 06-Feb-16
Vtec15 06-Feb-16
STM 08-Feb-16
STM 08-Feb-16
HoytCountry 14-Feb-16
05-Feb-16
Hey guys wanted to see what if any advice you have of this area of new York? hunting experience , deer numbers. (Delaware county area) I am going to look at some land in town here, mainly for bow hunting and family recreational property.

thanks guys

06-Feb-16
I am in the town of Franklin not to far away from this area. We have good numbers of deer in the area most years. It sure seem to depend on the number of coyotes in the area and not hunting pressure. In the last two years they sure seemed to eat lots of the fawns and turkey.

Not a lot of state woods, so most of the land is not open to hunting unless you know the person who owns the land. Lots of the land has posted signs on the land.

I found being new to the area it is hard to find land to hunt. I go back to North Pharsalia were in the town there is over 30,000 acres or state land in 3 different locations within the town.

06-Feb-16
thanks for the info bill, the area seems to be a majority of farm land. I guess downside would be only being able to hunt my own piece of land with limited state land access. coyote issue looks like a trend across the northeast .

08-Feb-16
X2 SOB about the coyotes, it's time to dent the population. I see deer and turkey each time out on my land but the NY regs could use some adjustments. Good luck on your search and how many acres you get can make a big difference. STM.

08-Feb-16
X2 SOB about the coyotes, it's time to dent the population. I see deer and turkey each time out on my land but the NY regs could use some adjustments. Good luck on your search and how many acres you get can make a big difference. STM.

14-Feb-16
I'm 10'min from there give me a holler (607)644-8080

• Sitka Gear