JayD 14-Feb-16
ProBabysitter 14-Feb-16
JayD 14-Feb-16
David Mitchell 15-Feb-16
M.P. 15-Feb-16
JayD 15-Feb-16
David Mitchell 15-Feb-16
07-Feb-16
This year I switched over to a Hoyt compound from my traditional bows and was very successful with it. Just did not have quite the enjoyment with shooting though. I switched because of a shoulder injury that had gotten worse since 1992 when I was hit by a drunk driver for the second time. All my recurves and longbows are weights of 65 to 72lbs and this past year it was just too difficult for me to shoot them. Well - I have been on a little healthier kick - dropping a few pounds and working with the bowflex - to where I can now shoot several of my recurves and longbows. But I didn't want to push the shoulder too much so I order a recurve with one set of limbs to be around 55 lbs and a second set of limbs around 45 lbs.. I have wanted one of these bows for a long time - since I first saw the ad in Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. It is a KT-44 from Little Suckling Recurves. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here! The wait is going to kill me! LOL here in a few months I will post pictures of it!

07-Feb-16
Sweet little bows

07-Feb-16
That will be fun shooting that. I don't shoot a lot iof weight either. I am only shooting 52 lbs. if I go on a hunt where I need a heavier weight bow I just slowly work up to it with bands and extra limbs.

08-Feb-16
JayD I love the looks of them. Is there anyway you could name the name of the site you ordered it from and how long they said it would be?

08-Feb-16
I emailed the gentleman who makes them his email address is [email protected] is first name is John. I will look for his last name. I should be hearing anyday on when it should be getting here.

09-Feb-16
Thank you JayD I love the looks of this Bow and looked all night for a website. I will email him today.

09-Feb-16
I do not believe he has a website. I contacted him and he sent me an order form and several pictures of his bows. I have been wanting one of his bows for a long long time and decided what the heck I am not getting any younger! LOL

09-Feb-16
You do not need all that weight and I would advise anyone to not shoot heavy weight even when you are young, it will cause trouble later. A turkey is as tough as they come and I have killed several with a 47# recurve. A good heavy sharp broadhead is imperative.

09-Feb-16
I shot to the feathers on a bull moose with 48lbs

10-Feb-16
Just got an email from the guy - he told me his bows pull 10 pounds lighter than most bows of the same weight - he suggest I increase my poundage by 5 pounds. I have heard from others these are super little bows!

11-Feb-16
but isnt a pound of pull a pound of pull on a bow scale?

11-Feb-16
I will ask him that - has me wondering what he means also. Will let you know.

12-Feb-16
Hey JayD ,welcome to old age! I bought a Samick T/D 50# on Ebay for $139.95 and free shipping. Shot through an 8pt. this past fall. I know it is foreign made but I can`t find any fault in it. I just got tired of the high prices of custom bows.

12-Feb-16
Actually I have hunted for almost 40 years with traditional bows - shoulder just got to me this past year. So I got a compound - which I like but just don't have as much fun. All of my other bows are 65 to 75 lbs so dialing it down a notch or two! LOL I have a fedora takedown, a Quillian longbow, a LaClair Super Shrew, and a Zipper takedown - plus several I made and another longbow I am not for sure the name of. I have a few guns but I always loved a traditional bow! So whenever I got the fancy I would breakdown and get one! LOL

12-Feb-16
Actually I have hunted for almost 40 years with traditional bows - shoulder just got to me this past year. So I got a compound - which I like but just don't have as much fun. All of my other bows are 65 to 75 lbs so dialing it down a notch or two! LOL I have a fedora takedown, a Quillian longbow, a LaClair Super Shrew, and a Zipper takedown - plus several I made and another longbow I am not for sure the name of. I have a few guns but I always loved a traditional bow! So whenever I got the fancy I would breakdown and get one! LOL

12-Feb-16
I have shot traditional for many years too.when I started getting shoulder problems I quit shooting alot and my accuracy fell off so much I was afraid to hunt with a tradbow. I bought a compound and have hunted with it the last 2 years but I still want to shoot trad. I bought an ilf riser so I could change limbs and shoot light weight. That and a series of shots ( with a needle) in the shoulder helped. 1 bad thing is the shoulder shots last only about 6 months and the problem seems to be returning.

You may want to try out a different set up and check and see how that works.If you want to shoot my bow and live near let me know

12-Feb-16
Thank you MP! I have been stretching my shoulder and icing - plus got a used bowflex at great price and have been using it a good bit - so shoulder is feeling better!

13-Feb-16
I find that nothing helps my shoulder like continual shooting., I try to shoot or workout with bands regularly. I used to shoot all summer then not shootb once hunting season got here. I would pick the bow up again in January and be sore for a month or two until I got in shape again. I think if you get a bow you feel comfortable with and stay with it your shoulders will feel better. I shoot a light weight bow unless I need to go heavier then I work up to it. I sold all my bows and only have one now.

13-Feb-16
Agree with ya JR - been using the bowflex and the bands also. I carry them in my truck and whenever I have a few minutes I will get them out no matter where I am at.

As to selling bows - I just started to try to sell one of them but its like getting rid of an old friend! I tried to sell the zipper on the traditional page on this site - I have had a few looks but no takers yet. Where did you sale yours at? I think I am going to try to sale the Fedora takedown, Zipper takedown and Quillan long bow.

I am so looking forward to this new bow! I have heard so much good about them.

14-Feb-16
I took all of mine to the traditional shoot in Baltimore and Denton hill and sold them all.

14-Feb-16
Thank you JR!!!

14-Feb-16
Hey JayD one more question if you don't mind? How long did it take him to respond? Ive still not got anything from him not even an email back.

14-Feb-16
He normally responds any where from 1 to 3 days - I would resend your email to him. He is a very nice guy.

15-Feb-16
M. P. I had bad shoulder issues a few years back (frozen shoulder the doc called it) and had the steroid shots a couple of times, but my doctor gave me some exercises to do and boy did it hurt! But it cleared up the problem and now I consistently do two things--stay with bows around 45# or even a bit less and do stretching and range of motion warm ups before I pick up a bow and just pull it back. You never see athletes just go at it without warming up. It makes a big difference.

15-Feb-16
Dave ,I know what you mean.I had 11 weeks of therapy and it hurt. I tapped out like a ufc fighter during some of the stretches. The shots seem to work but like they told me, it's short term. I have a shoulder replacement surgery in my future I'm afaraid but I'll keep on shooting. I ordered a lighter set of limbs today

15-Feb-16
I tell ya it is crappy getting older with the aches and pains! LOL Of course being lazy when it comes to working out doesn't help! Been hitting the treadmill, elliptical and bowflex - but doing it at the last minute of each day. I come home and plop myself down in the couch and then it gets to be 9:30 or 10 and I run downstairs to get my work out in and steps on the Fitbit! LOL

15-Feb-16
It is amazing how many archers are having shoulder problems. I hope younger guys will consider bow weight before they mess up their shoulders. Archery is not a macho sport. After the damage is done it's tough to deal with.

• Sitka Gear