razorhead 07-Feb-16
Swampy 07-Feb-16
Reggiezpop 07-Feb-16
razorhead 07-Feb-16
RJN 07-Feb-16
Reggiezpop 07-Feb-16
Steve White 08-Feb-16
07-Feb-16
Has anyone or does anyone eat coyote meat? I'm going to coyote hunt for the first time this year, I think, and I just don't want to shoot to kill. I understand how damaging coyotes can be with regards to deer population, and other reasons such as disease and safety. I want to explore this as another outdoor activity, but I would like to put the animal to use if possible. Maybe sell the fur or??? Any feedback is appreciated.

07-Feb-16
Coyote is a very foul animal, carries disease, and pathogens you do not want in your body,,,,, this is vermin,,,,,,

Its sounds like you will not be turning your own fur,

fur prices are down this year, still depends on quality, lots of help on that from Wis Trapping Association.....

they make a nice trophy, for the wall, if skinned properly,,,,,,,,

coyote hunting is not easy, no matter if your on dogs or calling,,,,,,,,,

where are you hunting

07-Feb-16
A couple Mong's might be the one's to ask .

07-Feb-16
Thanks for the tips, razorhead. Mostly public land in Waupaca County. I've read that it's not easy. I was just thinking of finding a secluded spot on a hill and calling while taking scouting breaks.

07-Feb-16
my humble opinion, I do better with mouth calls compared to my fox pro,,,,,,

07-Feb-16
Wrap it in a lot of bacon and let us know. :)

07-Feb-16
Copy that, wibowhtr. I won't be offending any bacon lovers ??

08-Feb-16
If there are any wildlife rehab centers in the area. They may be willing to take the carcass.

Really though as for eating. Watch what is willing to eat that carcass. Not much other than crows! That should tell you something!!

• Sitka Gear