lilly tia 15-Feb-16
swede 15-Feb-16
xcbowdude 12-Mar-16
Billdud 18-Jan-17
Yendor 21-Jan-17
BarebowHunter 30-Sep-17
YoungJulian34 17-Aug-20
07-Feb-16
I might have a job offer in the works and we would consider Bend Oregon as a possible place to live. Would like to hear some feedback from others that know the area. Info on hunting, fishing, snowboarding and just everything outdoors would be appreciated. How is living in the area in general, a safe family environment ? How are the churches in the area etc ? How is cost of living ? How are the small towns on the outskirts! Anything else you might consider good info would be much appreciated

Thank You Shane

07-Feb-16
Sorry

I meant to say Menford Oregon

07-Feb-16
Ok Let's try this again LOL On my phone

Medford, Oregon

08-Feb-16
Born and raised in Medford and still live here. First I would say its definitely not the same place now as when I grew up in. We have a bad meth problem among other drug issues and some gang issues. With that being said its not as bad as some other places in the state. Schools are good. Couldn't really tell you about churches I stopped going a long time ago, but there are a lot of them. Cost of living is pretty high in Medford. We get a lot of people that move here to retire. However, if you move to a surrounding town. I would recommend Central Point ( its only a mile from Medford ) housing costs are slightly lower than Medford. Elk hunting is not going to be anywhere near as good as Colorado. You'll be better off going to to the coast or eastern Oregon to hunt elk. Blacktail deer is very good around here. Also we have a lot of turkey and bears in the area. Snowboarding is good we have Mt Ashland that's about a 40 minute drive. Also you can head over to Bend and they have Mt Bachelor. Also you can head into California and they have Mt Shasta. There are a lot of lakes around too. Your only about an hour from Crater Lake National Park which is awesome. Overall its a good place to live just the crime rate is a lot worse than it used to be.

08-Feb-16
Thanks for the feedback

I just found out that Bend has a small airport so really leaning towards there now. How is that area for all the above ?

08-Feb-16
Bend is nice. Quite a bit higher cost of living though.

12-Feb-16
I have gone to Medford and Bend numerous times. My son and his family live in Medford. I too am a Christian and attend church regularly. I can't say much about the churches in general in either city you asked about, but like other full service towns there is a good variety. I would ask the Lord about where to serve. Medford is in the heart of good Blacktail hunting. There are a lot of turkeys in that area too. You are within driving distance of good Roosevelt elk hunting. The Cascades have dropped off on elk hunting due to the lack of timber harvest providing new forage, and the rising cougar population. Bend is a full service community too. I don't know which place is better. I guess it depends on what you as an individual like. Bend is close to good Mule deer and Rocky Mtn. elk hunting. As far as illegal drugs are concerned, every town has an abundance. If you are worried about your children, it will be up to you to train them and watch out for their welfare.

15-Feb-16
with the trouble in bend I don't know there are a good church in central point

15-Feb-16
Lilly: Are you referring to Burns? That is 130 miles from Bend and a world apart.

12-Mar-16
Just spotted this thread. Fairly new to So OR too. Also moved from CO. Whether true or not, everything feels different: the elk, the deer, the turkey. But principles are the same. Lots of public ground to explore. Compared to Colorado, less pressure. My wife and I really like it here. I came from Boulder/Denver, so people are much friendlier. We live in Grants Pass, so Josephine County issues are a little scary (crime, drugs) but those issues are everywhere. Look at the gangs in Denver. Any place is what you make it. There are really good people here and lots of outdoor opportunity. I'm always looking for folks to hunt, fish, shoot, hike with. You move this way PM me.

18-Jan-17
XBOWDUDE and ONTARGET7, don't know if you found it but there is an awesome 3D course in Butte Falls (just East of town on Crater Lake highway). 2 different courses with 20 targets each and a known distance warm up range out to 70 yards. Extremely friendly people who own the property and host 5 Competitive Shoots each year. The name of the range is called Beekman Ridge...... been going there for 4 years, never had an issues and will continue to go as long as I can.....

21-Jan-17

Yendor's embedded Photo
Why we moved here.
Yendor's embedded Photo
Why we moved here.
I live just north of Bend, outside of Redmond. The airport is Roberts field. Worked for the FAA until Reagan fired me for going on strike. Just moved back after 3 years. Still love it here. Cost of living in Bend equal to Seattle and Portland. Lots of active Californian moving here. One if the best ski areas in the US, at Mt Bachelor. Great fishing, lakes, and river. Hunting us good once you learn areas. Elk, mule deer, whitetails further east and blacktails on west did ed of mountains. Rosevelt elk on the wetside. Salmon and steelhead in the lower Deschutes. Biking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing. 30+ days of sunshine. Fantasting place to live. That's we came back.

30-Sep-17
I know you have probably already moved here, but the rural communities around Medford are awesome! I lead a outdoor ministry at my Church Trail Christian Fellowship, we do a 3D shoot, lead hunts, great fun and teaching. Get a hold of me if you would like to know more!

17-Aug-20
I am also interested to move somewhere where I can live with my family and to spend time in a quiet place, I don't have any problems with money, but I really need to rest from big cities, because I started to have strong headaches and I don't like it. I found costoflivingreports.com and read a lot of information about many countries. First I started to think about Bali, but I have kids and I think that they want to live an ordinary life before going to the paradise. Do you have any suggestions for me guys.

• Sitka Gear