BigWoods71 08-Feb-16
bigbuckbob 08-Feb-16
spike78 08-Feb-16
notme 08-Feb-16
spike78 08-Feb-16
GF 10-Feb-16
Wild Bill 10-Feb-16
08-Feb-16
I decided to do some scouting in the snow on CT state land and after walking for quite awhile I finally cut my first set of deer tracks. I decided to follow it and said at least one deer made it this year. So I went about 60 or so yards and all of a sudden it split to two sets of tracks. I said wtf and a few more yards it split to three sets and then four sets! I couldn't believe my eyes so I actually backed up to see it play out again. How the hell did 4 deer walk on the exact same set of tracks perfectly I can't believe. Their was approx 4" of snow and it showed the original track absolutely perfectly. I'm still scratching my head. I should have taken pictures! Anybody ever see this?

08-Feb-16
I've seen that several times in snow. In the mud you can make out more than one set of tracks, but in the snow it's more difficult to determine how may deer used the trail. That's a normal pattern in snow.

08-Feb-16
BBB I've seen them make one trail in the snow I'm talking they litterely made one track landing in the exact same hoof prints.

08-Feb-16
piggybacking?

08-Feb-16
I agree spike, can't tell if it's 1,2,3,4 or more deer walking along. When I hunted MDC years ago I would watch a line of 10-12 doe walking through fresh snow and you could see them placing their hooves in the track in front of them.

08-Feb-16
I sure hope theirs more deer than that. I walked for an hour and a half in a big square. The crappy part is that I finally found some not to far from the truck so I ended walking all that for nothing then I had to leave shortly after. I sure hope their is more deer than that. Stafford had a fairly high kill last year as compared to most CT towns although the sq miles are larger in comparison.

08-Feb-16
Yup seen it hundreds,thousands of times even (everybody smile and agree with him)..lol

08-Feb-16
Swk I have hunted state land in Union and Stafford. I did get a deer in Stafford about 5 years ago but it was the only deer I saw in ct that year. Lol not me, yes, just agree.

10-Feb-16
No sense doing the work of breaking trail even in 4"...

10-Feb-16
Clearly trying to confuse the planes overhead.

• Sitka Gear