Bloodtrail 09-Feb-16
longbeard 09-Feb-16
bb 09-Feb-16
Madness 09-Feb-16
bigbuckbob 10-Feb-16
onepin 10-Feb-16
Toonces 11-Feb-16
08-Feb-16
Thinking about trying the Naugatuck (fly)....

Just wondering if any of you have before any insight you may have....

Thanks!

Yes I know this is not a fishing forum.....you're bored anyway with deer season over.

MAD

08-Feb-16
Madness - check out the CT flyfisherman blog. Kid's on the water constantly - and may have some idea.

I've not heard anyone doing much recently... the Farmy has been hit or miss - hit on the warmer days...

08-Feb-16
Call Chris at Stratford bait,he fishes there a lot ..he'll hook you up with parking spots and such

08-Feb-16
hook you up with some awesome stocked fish. watch out

09-Feb-16

onepin's MOBILE embedded Photo
onepin's MOBILE embedded Photo

Hi madness. Got this guy out of the naugy at the end of last feb during a nice warm snap

09-Feb-16
Thanks! Anything to keep me sane....

Keating...is there something wrong with stocked fish?

09-Feb-16
It was warm last Feb??? Coldest on record, ever....

Awesome fish!! That must be a blast.

09-Feb-16
Better be careful, Keating will accuse you of fishing over a bait pile...Life according to Keating!

09-Feb-16
Where were you fishing last february that you could dress like that? I had 8' of snow in my yard. and didn't warm enough to melt it all until May

09-Feb-16
Nice fish onepin...hope I can get one on the fly.

10-Feb-16
Yeah, what's with the short sleeve shirt and sneakers? Feb 2015 was the coldest on record so where the heck was that picture taken. That's got to be stocked fish, right? Not a big into fishing so not sure.

10-Feb-16
Sorry it was 14 and it was just before Easter. had the day off from work and was fishing naugy with spoon and single hook in beacon falls. DEEP was there watching me take over an hour to bring him in. 6LB test and medium pole. Take line in and he would rip it back out. They said it was possibly a breeder from earlier in the year release but not positive cause they dont always tag the breeders. This river goes all the way to the ocean so it may have been stocked in previously but its not like we were waiting for the truck to leave. We were going for trout anyhow.

11-Feb-16
Nice fish, congrats.

My dad and I went on a fly in fishing trip into Northern Quebec as my high school graduation present. Caught a bunch of 10-20 pound salmon on flies, along with some bruiser brookies up to 5 pounds.

They are an amazing game fish. The bigger ones took over an hour to play in on fly tackle. They just don't get tired. Having one hooked about 100 yards away in the river after a run and then watching it jump six feet out of the water is an unforgettable sight. You are basically helpless them when they want to go, just got to hope your reel holds up.

Great eating too.

• Sitka Gear