glunker 07-Mar-16
Stan Godfrey 08-Mar-16
09-Feb-16

Konk1's Link
Get details at the above link

09-Feb-16
I will be there.

09-Feb-16
Anybody have any boehunter buttons from the 40s 50s 60s or 70s for sal would be interested in buying think they started in the 70s. Thanks

09-Feb-16
Anybody have any boehunter buttons from the 40s 50s 60s or 70s for sal would be interested in buying think they started in the 70s. Thanks

09-Feb-16
whats going on, on Saturday during the day, are there any seminars etc, could not bring anything up... thanks

10-Feb-16
I will be there with the family.

10-Feb-16
I was able to bring it up,,,, do you get a lot of vendors????

10-Feb-16
Bow-Tech-

I believe that one has to believe in what you are a member of, many join organizations because they think that the organization stands for what that member believes in. Only to find that in reality the organization is not what the member had hoped.

The only way you can do that is to attend and see what it is all about. I have made many members and some enemies over the years, but I strongly believe in that the WBH stands for and what it fights for.

You don't have to be a member to attend the convention, stop by and meet some fellow bowhunters and see what the WBH is all about.

As far as vendors, It depends upon the area. When it was in Stevens Point one year I believe we had 125 vendors.

10-Feb-16
Bow Tech

The WBH is the bowhunter's best voice in Madison. That don't mean that the always get their way, but they can usually get some mayo on the crap sandwich.

10-Feb-16
GVS-

Well put!

10-Feb-16
here's some reading for you B T http://www.wisconsinbowhunters.org/#!about-us http://www.wisconsinbowhunters.org/#!membership

Sorry, my crystal ball isn't working all that well so I can't tell you what they will do but after all that I spend on my passion to bowhunt I am rather confident that my $25 will be well spent. It has been in the past.

10-Feb-16
Bow-Tech

Where does your money go? It goes to help protect Bow Hunting in Wisconsin and cover the cost of the magazine.

If the WBH had 1/2 of the licensed Bow Hunters as members we would be politically stronger that we are today.

Do you get a magazine? Yes, the magazine has updates on what is going on with the organization, what is going on in Madison, shoots across the state and upcoming events.

Are membership dollars used for habitat? I don't believe so.

Do the promote hunting? Yes, they have a LTH Bear Program, and also have property in the WBH Land Trust. This property was donated to the WBH so it could promote bow hunting. This project is in it's infancy stages and will take some time to get this in place.

My take on the WBH- My Dad, who was not a bow hunter was introduced to the sport in the late 1960's and was hooked for life. He introduced his 4 Son's to bow hunting and I was hooked for life. I believe in the organization and became a life member. My Son is a life member and I purchase 3 year memberships for every youth hunter that I take bow hunting. I don't charge anything to take the youth's out hunting, never did, never will. I firmly believe that we owe it to future generations to support and protect what we have today and what they will have in the future.

If we don't protect our heritage, who will??

I am sure that there are many ways we all could spend $25 a year. An evening in the bar, lunch with your wife, etc. $2.09 a month to protect something that a lot of people take for granted.

You said you don't want to hear about what was done in the past.

What if no one took it upon themselves to go through what they did 75 years ago? What if out founding fathers didn't fight for what they stood for? We would still be governed by the Queen of England.

I thank all of those who fought for us so we have the ability to enjoy being in the outdoors with our sticks and strings every fall.

I also thank all of those who stand up to fight to protect what we have today. They do it out of the goodness of their heart. The do it because that's what they believe in.

If you really support our sport, sign up and give it a year. If it doesn't work out don't renew.

I hope to see you at the convention.

10-Feb-16
If you are a member of the WBH you are also a member of the WBH Land Trust

As far as what your $25 membership dues are spent on they give a full report to the membership every year at the annual meeting. They give a dollar and cents report and the annual budget it voted on by the members in attendance.

Meeting minutes are also approved/disapproved at the annual meeting. Those minutes and budget numbers are available to members in good standing per Wisconsin Statutes.

You can always contact the office and get the people that are in charge.

Here is the office information-

Wisconsin Bowhunters Association ® P.O. Box 240 Clintonville, WI 54929 Ph: 715-823-4670 F: 715-823-1385 Email: [email protected]

Give Jean a call and ask for the information you are looking for. You can also ask for the contact information for the director in your area, the president, secretary, vice president and treasurer. If you are interested in what's going on in Madison ask for the contact information for Jeff Geitner, our Legislative Liaison.

I am sure they can help you out.

11-Feb-16

Konk1's Link
Bow_Tech best advice I can give you is to contact any of the directors and speak to them directly about your questions. Heck, I'd even call the president, he'd be more than willing to answer your questions.

11-Feb-16
If you do a little research right here on this forum there has been a lot of discussion in the past regarding the WBH. You can read their stances on everything from baiting, to crossbows and RC. That may help you answer some of your questions.

11-Feb-16
70 years of accomplishments..

Gone from a five-day, buck-only season in two counties of the state in 1934, to our 85-day bowhunting for either sex deer

*1942: the first bear season with bow and arrow

*1943: the first open season for does or bucks

*1951: Repealed a 1945 law that required a bowhunter to have 50% of his clothing in RED

*1952: Repealed a 1947 law against having a strung bow in an automobile; replaced with the law allowing a strung bow within a case to be carried in an automobile

*1953: December bow season was established

*1965: Separate bow & arrow license implemented

*1971: Portable Tree Stand use legalized in Wisconsin

*1989: Obtained an additional 15 minutes hunting time

*1989: No longer had to case bows until returned to vehicle

* 1990: Bonus tags available to bowhunters in deer management units substantially over goal and under-subscribed by gun hunters choice applicants; Hunters Choice tags can be filled during archery season.

*1991-1994: Supported Professor Ray Anderson's Black Bear study, which compared the health of a hunted vs. non-hunted bear population; This data will be valuable in defending bear hunting against unwarranted attacks.

*1994: Legal to bowfish from a boat with motor running; If not bowfishing, bow must be in a case. *Since 1995: Sponsored participants in the Becoming an Outdoors Woman program

*1997: Bowhunters able to hunt up until the Friday before the gun season in "T" zones (4 extra days)

* 2005: Worked with other conservation groups to get a two year stay from Oct. T-zone hunts

* 2007: Part of the CWD advisory board to make recommendations for future CWD management

* 2008: Established an online user forum for the involvement and enjoyment of WBH members

*2009: Part of both the DMU goal setting board and the EAB alternative board

*2009: Provided testimony as part of the legislative process on deer management, which led to a revision of season structure including suspending EAB

*2010: Provided testimony as part of the legislative process on overwinter goals, which led to the legislature rejecting the proposed goal in favor of a goal increase

* 2010-present: Defends the sport of Bowhunting to improve the situation and conditions for Bowhunters statewide

*Prior to and continuing past 2010: Monitors all threats to Bowhunting that may come as a result of legislation, spring hearings, outside interests, etc.

I would also add they kept the xbows from being tethered with the vertical bows for stats. Which may not seem a big deal but it is.

I believe but will stand corrected if not correct,, they supported eliminating the case law.

11-Feb-16
BowTech, while they may or may not currently be working on legislative issues, you can be sure they are maintaining relations with the department and with legislators. That alone is worth the price of admission for me, as so many of our laws derive from there.

11-Feb-16
Bow Tech-

I don't have the financials from last year. I didn't make the convention because my wife was in the hospital. If I had them I would be more than happy to share them.

None of the directors hold a paid position, they are volunteers.

As you can see the WBH has been involved in a lot of things that you and other non-members have been able to partake in. Nothing comes cheap when doing business in Madison.

The WBH will never be as big as TU or Pheasants forever. They will never have the ability to raise the funding of "big organizations" because they are Wisconsin based.

You can either ride the coattails or jump on board.

Like I said in an earlier post, it would be great if half of all bow hunters who purchased a license would be members. Then the WBH would be a real strong organization. Right now I believe we are hovering around the 6000 member mark. If the state sells roughly 118,000 Archery licenses and if half of those purchasers were WBH members we would have a very strong voice in Madison.

11-Feb-16
Financials of any organization or business does not belong in an open public forum. I suggest you join and attend the membership meeting and get your answers there. I'm sure you have spent money and time on a whim before.

By attending it will let the organization as a whole tell you weather it's worth your while to continue your membership.

DT

11-Feb-16
Bowtech, I was a member until recently. I totally understand what you are asking for. Good luck getting any answers, or any that will impress you.

11-Feb-16
A magazine, "The Bowhunter", mailed three times a year: January, April, and August.

From reading through your list and this whole thread it sounds like the above is pretty much what your membership pays for, and if you want to know for sure you'll have to join and pay the dues to get that verified.

11-Feb-16
BowTech, I am a passive member. I give my money and leave it to others to do the work. I do my share of work for another organization. As a passive member, I have explained what they do that satisfies me. However, I do know that the WBH does a number of things on your list.

11-Feb-16
Bow -Tech , Don't ask what WBH can do for you . Ask what you can do for WBH . I think I heard that somewhere before .

11-Feb-16
WBH could use people like you with fresh blood . Good idea's and wanting to make some good changes . Without people like you it will fizzle out . Just like us old coot's . I can't really tell you to join because it's the best org. around . But new blood could make it so ! So I'm asking you to join . Not just to be a member , but to make a difference . You could become famous .

12-Feb-16
Arrow1.... Konk1.... MikeF..... CaptMiike......When I read the posts from you guys......Makes me wish I was your young enough to buy a life membership !! See ya at convention.

12-Feb-16
It is difficult for a small organization of 6,000 or so members to have much impact anywhere. It takes money and high level commitment to make meaningful change in the year 2016, this is not like 30 years ago.

I am not sure how any bowhunting group has much of a future in a state where crossbows are legal, unless they seek members and money from the growing crossbow community. In most states where crossbows are legal, hand drawn bowhunting participation is on the decline, will make it tough to grow membership. Sure, you can have a club and membership with small numbers and few dollars, but do not expect much from the organization as far as actual political clout in todays society.

I think the question was not "what has the WBH done the past 75 years", perspective members want to know what the WBH is impacting today and tomorrow. Then, the perspective member can see if the WBH values are in line with their values. You do not join an organization to see what it stands for, you learn in advance of spending your hard earned money.

12-Feb-16
Gear. Group. wBH. But. Do noting. For the. Area north of hi way 8. Never a banquet etc. !!

12-Feb-16
Buckmaster69 - See you there! Sarah- Are you going to make it?

Bow-Tech - Here's my last shot at this. If you are into getting together with a good bunch of people(OK, we have some bad apples. Just like every group does. Like RC) and do what you like to do. Shoot bows, have a good time, go to other archery clubs every once in a while, grab a drink and BS with people who enjoy bow hunting and archery. This is the group for you.

Other than that the WBH tries to do what is best for all bow hunters in Wisconsin. Promote and protect the sport. Membership has grown in the past couple of years, and I hope it continues to grow.

I know all to well that we can not expect to sign every bow hunter up as a member and I am fine with that.

Maybe the WBH isn't for you. It's your choice and I am fine with what ever decision you make.

Happy Hunting

12-Feb-16
Grandmaster... If I decipher your grammar correctly the reason there are no banquets up north is population and membership numbers. The membership is very low up north along with population. It costs a lot of money to put on the banquet thus you need to have it where you will get your biggest bang for the buck. I thought Stevens Point was a good location. But people get bored going to the same locations. The Dells is a good choice.

12-Feb-16
Bow_tech,,from your own post no one has to tell you what the WBH has done or is doing. Your own post in your own words should be enough to convince you to join. Thanx for the post you summed it up pretty well.

And I do agree that someone from the WBH should have posted a thread trying to rally the troops. Unfortunately the WBH has a president that doesn't like to have the board members post.

12-Feb-16
Bow Tech- it's $25 not a grand. Either join and be in a group that supports bowhunters or ride the back of others. It's that simple.

12-Feb-16
I have no horse in this race but RJN summed it up nicely.

12-Feb-16
There are many ways to support bowhunting, nationally and at the state and local level. Compton, WTA, P&Y, and PBS to name a few. Just because someone does not support the WBH does not mean they are riding the backs of others. These arrogant and condescending comments simply chase perspective members away.

12-Feb-16
Bow-tech,

Abrasive is too light of a word. If you go to the convention look me up and we can have a talk over a beverage of your choice. I'm buying

Sarah-

What has Compton, WTA, P&Y and PBS done for Wisconsin? Do any of these org's have a representative in Madison to fight for us?

Not to start anything, just asking.

12-Feb-16
All of these organizations promote participation in bowhunting.

I think if you would take time to explain to the OP( and others) what exact issues your Madison representative is "currently" fighting for in Madison, that may help answer the original question.

12-Feb-16
Right now I know of no legislation in Madison that will affect hunting is taking place.

Recent legislation to change the mentored hunting law was being worked on. The big changes were removing the age restriction, allowing the mentor to carry an additional gun, bow or crossbow. All of this was discussed at great length on a different thread on the forum.

If any legislation comes up Geitz(Jeff Geitner) is quick to let us know and chimes in regularly on this forum.

13-Feb-16
Bowtech,I was planing to give of my time. The money is not the driving factor. I hoped to lend time and talent to a group set on improving bowhunting in WI if that is indeed what they do. I hope to hear from the org soon.

You have heard from the Org. on here,, the members are the Org. You can't ( lend time and talent and help change things ) unless you join the Org. !

This is getting old,,, Why post how bad things are with the wbh in your opinion "join" and Show us how your time and talents are going to approve the WBH only through your membership can the WBH be a stronger and better Org.. Thanx ahead of time.

If we are not part of the solution then we are part of the problem.

13-Feb-16
Does there have to be an ongoing issue for any group to be able to prove its worth? Because no one can see the future, past history needs to be considered. Being an organized group with people in place to confront issues seems to me to be much more prudent than simply being reactive. Chances are a person or group operating from a reactive or defensive position will be at a disadvantage as compared to being proactive.

13-Feb-16
"If we are not part of the solution then we are part of the problem."

If the org doesn't really do much of anything (which seems to be the case according to the replies in this thread) you really aren't part of any solution either.

A person has to be pretty drunk on wbh koolaid to try and even slightly believe the list of wbh "accomplishments" that you posted above are things the wbh made happen, or for that matter things that wouldn't have happened anyway even without the wbh's "help." Worked with, partnered with, provided testimony...great. So are you saying none of this stuff would have happened without the wbh?

Arrow, you yourself said "I would also add they kept the xbows from being tethered with the vertical bows for stats. Which may not seem a big deal but it is" so I imagine you can explain why that makes or will make the slightest difference in anything. So tell me in your own words how crossbow kills being counted separately from vertical bow kills will make a difference? And the typical response of "well, without the separation things could have been worse" is not an answer and explains nothing.

I think the wbh would be better off if members didn't even attempt to answer questions like Bowtech has posted here, not because they aren't valid questions but because it quickly becomes apparent that the wbh does next to nothing, no matter how much some of the wbh koolaid drinkers try to make it sound like they do.

13-Feb-16
So tell me in your own words how crossbow kills being counted separately from vertical bow kills will make a difference?

By keeping separate stats rather then just all archery kills,, If and I emphasize IF there was any talk about reducing the season length because of the high archery kill it can be shown the difference once xbows became legal. Provide people are honest when they register their harvest.

The WBH really had its hands tied on the xbow issue because of the big money (NRA) supporting xbows.

13-Feb-16
Hunter, why don't you tell us what you have done regards the crossbow issue or any ther archery/hunting related issue. We are eager to learn.

13-Feb-16
You know........ You can always tell when someone has never been to extra meetings at Madison or was involved trying to make changes with our DNR.

13-Feb-16
I would not under estimate the value of money to an organization. It takes money to accomplish much, money comes from members. Not all members care or have time to attend banquets, meetings etc. Their money however, allows and pays for others to attend on their behalf. Also allows social media campaigns, marketing for new members, banquet costs, travel, and to further agendas and awareness. Sometimes I think some in the WBH forget that. It shows in the condescending comments to perspective donors,..... the WBH source of revenue. It does help organizations when people get involved with simply,... their money.

13-Feb-16
This is unbelievable. Being so disappointed in the WBH for not being something more or for not being what you personally want ??? Actually making fun of what they are and some of the little things they provide for members. And than totally discrediting the impact of the WBH. Wow , very sad . After you burn this flag which one are you going to fly ?

13-Feb-16
"By keeping separate stats rather then just all archery kills,, If and I emphasize IF there was any talk about reducing the season length because of the high archery kill it can be shown the difference once xbows became legal."

If you're trying to say there is a possibility the crossbow season would be shortened while the archery season would remain untouched you are mistaken since they both are the exact same season with zero "separation" and if one is changed they both will be.

"Hunter, why don't you tell us what you have done regards the crossbow issue or any ther archery/hunting related issue. We are eager to learn."

CaptMike I usually ignore your condescending posts since you come across like nothing other than a know-it-all who constantly talks down to people who have differing opinions than your own, but I'll play this time. What I do or do not do to promote archery hunting or any type of hunting for that matter has nothing to do with this thread. This thread isn't about why people should join my club, it's about why people should join the wbh's club. See the difference? Besides that, myself and many others on this forum do plenty but unlike you we don't feel the need to brag about every little thing we do.

13-Feb-16
Hunter, no bragging on my part. If you read, I even noted that I am a WBH member who does nothing more than pay dues. However, you have offered nothing but derogatory comments toward the WBH, which is truly a better definition of condescending. In particular when taken in conjunction with your inability to show anything constructive that you have contributed.

13-Feb-16
"Hunter, no bragging on my part"

LOL

13-Feb-16
Bowtech I edited my earlier post so hopefully this thread will stay on track and you can get the answers you are after.

13-Feb-16
That's more like it. This kind of love is more what we need . we are just hours away from the biggest holiday of the year Happy Valentines Day everyone

13-Feb-16
+1 LTL JimBow perfect time for a group hug!

14-Feb-16
HunterR... We see your criticism of the WBH and others along with the name calling (drunks) but we have yet to see a post from you answering the questions,,, What have YOU done to help or make the state of Wis. a better place to bow hunt.

I'll be the first to admit the WBH has its issues and publicly I have said it would be a better org. with a different president and some board members. But its better then nothing. Like the NRA I don't like all of their hard line stances but if we didn't have them fighting where would we be.

I have traveled the 5 hours one way several time to testify at the capital on my own dime. Did it do any good who knows but at least I'm trying to make a difference.

So I would ask you,, instead of wasting our time name calling and criticizing people on here,, tell us what you had done for bowhunting and what you would do and how you would make the WBH a better Org. Channel your energy positively not negatively .

CaptMike +

14-Feb-16
I still find it hard to believe that the WBH allowed itself to be so manipulated and derailed by that human blister that gets booted off this site regularly. He did irreparable harm, IMO, that will haunt that org for years. What's worse? Some on the board today are carriers of the human blisters' agenda.

14-Feb-16
Arrow as I've said before this thread isn't about me and what I've done, and btw people are entitled to have an opinion of an org without being a paid member of that org.

Instead of worrying about what I've done or plan to do, answering the thread starter's original questions about the wbh would be more fitting for this thread. There's nothing stopping any of you from starting a thread questioning what HunterR has done or plans to do with the yearly dues people pay to be part of his club. ;-)

14-Feb-16
+1 TRACKER66. He, from his actions on many websites, is what has kept me out of WBH as well as how others from that organization bash people to no end. I also did not like how the WBH did nothing and issued no statement when their State Liaison was busted for poaching in 2012. It was as if his actions were condoned by the organization.

14-Feb-16
Been a member since 73 or 74. Been to a few conventions..... Finally did the broad head shoot last year. Had a BLAST !! I have seen the WBH in action in Madison several times. I have contacted past presidents and board members several times thru the years. Sometimes to agree ..... sometimes not. They always got back to me to answer my questions or positions WBH took on issues. You have to remember they are volunteers. For me ..... all I have to do is read what some of the members have posted about the organization (not the ones that did not get there way). If I was not a member.... I would join in a minute. Bow Tech .... I hope you come to convention and think of joining. You won't be disappointed.

14-Feb-16
Happy,,". I also did not like how the WBH did nothing and issued no statement when their State Liaison was busted for poaching in 2012" that is not True,,,, Kulas was asked to step down from the board which he did. If he won't have the board was going to remove him.

HunterR smile you'll feel better (:

14-Feb-16
Those pesky facts, always ruining a good story.

14-Feb-16
Where can I find the statement on the matter arrow? I've never seen one posted anywhere. Everything I have ever read said Kulas stepped down on his own and was never asked to. Mum has always been the word from WBH. Violators are welcome in that organization. Even those on the board. Pay your membership. Ethics are optional.

15-Feb-16
Happy.... I didn't post that they made a statement.... Read it again... At a January meeting RC was asked to leave the meeting while his situation was discussed. I believe the board ask him to resign first. RC then I believe submitted a letter of retirement. Ask Gietz he should know the exact chain of events. If it was a close meeting he may not be able to discuss it. The end result was he is gone from the board and the WBH board set that in motion.

I don't know if the WBH ever put out a statement. Frankly it doesn't matter if they did or didn't. The WBH dealt with the situation in a timely manor in a political correct way and he is gone from the board. If they would have done anything before he was adjudicated that could have opened a whole new can.

Happy you don't think other Org's (NRA, WBHA, ect.) don't have members that have violation convictions ? LOL I'll bet there are a lot of members of a lot of other Org's that violate every year that don't get caught (5min after hours, putting mineral out year round ect.) That's just as bad. Org's can't hold each members hand or look up each member on ccap all the time.

I don't think the WBH is the perfect Org. I have openly stated that the WBH needs a different president to start with. I don't like the fact the board elects the president and not the membership. Buuuut it is what it is the WBH / WTA is the only voice bowhunters have.

I swear some of you guys wanted RC gone from Bowsite gone from the WBH gone from every where,, but you still keep him alive by bringing him up all the time. Get over him,, he's past history its OLD news.

15-Feb-16
>>>--arrow1-->

+1

15-Feb-16
Arrow +2

Apparently unknown to some, it is a fairly common occurrence in both business and in organizations for an employee/member to be given an opportunity to resign before they might be forced to retire/resign.

In any case, it appears there is some further agenda involved when it is a known FACT that said person no longer holds a position within that business/organization yet some persist in their bashing of that organization.

"Ethics are optional" is a very condescending, yet not unexpected comment from the poster.

15-Feb-16
arrow1 +2

15-Feb-16
RC worked endlessly and got things done at WBH. There was no other board member that accomplished as much with such finesse. The haters are going to hate, hate, hate;-)

15-Feb-16
As far as I know this is how it went down with RC.

In Nov. of 2012, RC got a citation for feeding deer. He paid the citation and the matter was closed. In Dec, he retired from the WBH board. Since the board was not scheduled to meet until January, there was no opportunity for them to take action.

He attended the Jan board meeting so he could discuss and distribute all the tasks he was working on so they could be taken over by other directors and the work would not be lost. Since he had already retired a month before they met he was only a regular member, and meetings are not open to regular members, so he conducted his business and left. This left WBH with no action to take since he had retired in advance.

Happygolucky - if you really want to be as happy as your handle, then you need to move on from something that happened over three years ago. If you choose not to do that then RC continues to live on, rent-free between your ears, whether he is posting on here or not. If someone angers you, they control you. It's your call.

15-Feb-16
PB that chain of events could be totally correct. I'm relying on past memory.

15-Feb-16
For some unknown reason this has turned int another "Bash RC" thread....

Everyone is entitled to their own personal opinions of others and allowed to voice their concerns, bu this has got to stop. Members who care about the WBH are well aware of the goings on and what needs to be changed within the WBH and most are welcome to hear input form other members. It is not a perfect organization, neither are many of them that are out there that support our bow hunting heritage.

Instead of fighting among ourselves, we need to join together and fight those who are against our hunting heritage.

Some would say -"Rise up against the crossbow hunters and the rifle hunters!" But that's not the answer. The answer is to join forces and help mold the DNR and US Fish and Wildlife Service to work towards our end goal. The WBH and WTA are not your enemies, they are your allies.

As a life member I know there needs to be change within the WBH, but as 1 member I can not do it alone. Am I willing to live with what we have? For the time being, yes. My voice is heard, my objections and suggestions have been heard. Some things have been changed for the good.

If a guy like Rob Coranado was to read the thread that were posted on this site over the past couple of months he would be laughing his rear end off and saying "These numb nuts are making my job easy. Soon wolves will outnumber whitetail deer in the mid west and we won't have any more hunters to worry about!"

I know it's the "off season" get out and enjoy the shows, go shoot a few rounds at the archery range, go ice fishing.

Please take a step back and think about why you are here and don't let those who rub you the wrong way divide us further that we already are.

Have a great week!

15-Feb-16
Not a bash RC thread at all and he is not living rent free in anyone's frickin' head.

RC was brought up as a reason many people do not join WBH. That is simply stating facts. Hear that - facts. No doubt he has personally chased away loads of people and others, here on this site, who are WBH members who bash others constantly, are causing that to happen more. Are you listening Capt Mike the resident bowsite know-it-all who speaks for the WBH constantly and does nothing but bash others. Trust me when I tell you your membership dues have been offset by many others not signing up. You have become the new RC and that is not good for the WBH. You'd be best leaving people like Mike F represent them, someone who can iterate clearly without attacks.

The State Liaison of the WBH was busted for poaching a deer and the WBH did not issue a statement on the matter. Many felt they should seeing the importance of the position and how this person represented so many people paying their membership fees. The issue was swept under the carpet from a public's perspective by Mike Brust. The issue became a public matter when you saw all the articles in various publications (including Deer and Deer Hunter) that were published. Brust did nothing and to many that looked like he condoned having a poacher on his team.

These are truly valid concerns to people who might want to give their hard earned cash to an organization. Many of you may not want to hear them, but buyer's beware for the others. This thread is about the WBH. TRACKER66 brought up a valid concern and I added to it for more diversity for people to consider. Now attack on Capt Mike.

15-Feb-16
"RC was brought up as a reason many people do not join WBH" Really, by who? Is he late on rent?

"Are you listening Capt Mike the resident bowsite know-it-all who speaks for the WBH constantly and does nothing but bash others..." Loud and clear, Happy. I also comprehend. Other than you saying it, point out the quotes where I have ever spoke for the WBH and not for myself. Your efforts are poor, but that is to be expected when you argue from anger instead of with merit, fact and reason. Do I owe rent?

You see Happy, your issue's are what blind you. You still hold a grudge after our last "back & forth" where I firmly used logic and fact to point out your failed assertations. Apparently that still bothers you. If you are that thin-skinned, you might better spend your time elsewhere than on a site where debate always has and always will occur.

15-Feb-16
"The State Liaison of the WBH was busted for poaching a deer and the WBH did not issue a statement on the matter"

Just a major correction for you Happy....Kulas was not busted for poaching, he received a citation for illegal feeding. He resigned from the WBH board on his own therefore no action was required by the board. Case closed. Oh, and by the way, I am not bashing anyone. Just stating the facts.

Rent free 24/7/365 (Fact)

15-Feb-16
Valid point, Konk. For someone like Happy who demands proof from others, this is a great opportunity for him to lead by example and back up his claims with proof. After all, it must be posted somewhere.

15-Feb-16
To set the record straight -

The defendant Ronald G Kulas was found guilty of the following charge(s) in this case.

Use or hunt over bait or feed. This is not a criminal offense and results only in a money penalty for this offense.

He paid his fine, was removed or removed himself form the WBH.

He was dealt with according to the bylaws of the organization. If you have issues with that bring it up at the meeting, voice your concerns to the powers that run the org.

As far as trying to change the way the WBH is run -

Years ago, when Wright Allen was the president and I had invited any member or non member to meetings to get things changed. This was because RC had issues and pushed to get the meetings closed to members in good standings. This happened through bylaw changes which were approved at the annual meeting. Members had no input into the meetings and were not allowed to attend and learn what was going on.

This has since been changed, but there is still little or no input into listening to the members, except at the annual meeting. This needs to be changed, but will not happen over night.

IF you are interested in helping change things please let me know as I am an army of 1. I can't and you can't do it alone.

Please send me a PM

15-Feb-16
""RC was brought up as a reason many people do not join WBH" Really, by who? Is he late on rent? "

Capt Mike, reading and comprehension has need been a strength of yours. You use selective reading often. I'll post TRACKER66's post for you here again.

"I still find it hard to believe that the WBH allowed itself to be so manipulated and derailed by that human blister that gets booted off this site regularly. He did irreparable harm, IMO, that will haunt that org for years. What's worse? Some on the board today are carriers of the human blisters' agenda. " <--- I 100% back his claim and many others over the years have too. With you representing the WBH now here, they are losing even more future members. Your membership is now a negative cost to the WBH.

LOL Konk at illegal feeding. Your buddy has you brainwashed.

Any deer killed over an illegal bait pile, which is what RC did, is poaching. Plain and simple. Nobody gets caught first time either. Brust swept it all under the carpet like a cover-up. No statment although it really became a public matter. Violators remain. Ethics are optional if you pay your dues. Just facts, not bashing. This is all very pertinent information for people deciding on the value of spending their hard earned cash. My opinion is stated and unlike some, I won't try to shove my opinion down others' throats (Still listening Capt?). Others on the fence can take it as they wish. I'll let you discuss amongst yourselves now.

Mike F, you are voice a reason. You would be a far better spokesperson than those currently doing it on Bowsite.

15-Feb-16
Man this RC thing is old... Maybe I have the remedy for all the haters that want him to go away but till keep him alive on bowsite. Here it is so these threads don't keep getting Hijacked by the RC haters.

You guys should go down to the tattoo shop and get a BIG or SMALL RC tattooed on your body just under your belt. Big or small will depend on how it fits.

In the morning when you wake up and go to the bathroom you have two choices depending how you feel. You can either shack hands with him and feel good after you relieve yourself or if it was a bad night beat up RC till your frustration with him is gone and you feel good. Show him who's boss. That way we won't have to hear about RC any more and we can get back to hunting issues and you can have a happy go lucky day. (:

15-Feb-16
Happy, "over the years?" For the record, I've been a member for a little over a year now. No longer. In addition to comprehension, you have spatial issues. I don't blame you for squirming with your feet to the fire but unfortunately, you've only moved yourself closer. Probably a good idea to back out before you are further burned.

So, Mr Happy, since you are quoting what Tracker said, please translate his post and tell us which Board members are continuing his agenda.

Try and stick to the facts, otherwise the ignorance will surface.

15-Feb-16
Happy-

I am fed up with the bickering among people who love the sport.

Are you willing to fight for what needs to be done at the WBH?

I will be at the convention and invite anyone who is willing to vote for change to step up. Now is the time. One person can not do it by themselves, but a small army can.

Let me know who is in.

15-Feb-16
Where ever two or more of you gather in my name, I will be there. Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice. You brought it on yourselves. (remember that next time)

It warms the heart to know Im living rent free in the formerly banned preacher/happygolucky’s head 24/7/365. Im flattered that I consume him. Thank you for that. After 3 years and 3 months, I see he is still trying to revise history. Best of luck with that. Perhaps you can seek to have the case reopened as its clear it (and I) mean a great deal to you. Again, thank you.

Im going to try again but I understand the folly when dealing with a super stalker. Anyway, here goes.

You posted: “The State Liaison of the WBH was busted for poaching a deer”

Nope! Never happened. I understand your desire to manufacture this tail, I really do. I was cited and paid a fine for using feed since it was placed a week prior to the gun opener and never hunted over and said feed was not present on the day of the citation (the 2012 gun deer opener) 2 Wardens wore out their boots kicking and turning over leaves looking for anything that would have allowed them to cite me for illegal baiting but as it was, the warden stated I would be receiving a citation for feeding. I know, I know, its not nearly as sexy or scandalous but it is what it is.

Preacher/happy went on to manufacture the following: “Any deer killed over an illegal bait pile, which is what RC did, is poaching. Plain and simple”

Nope! Again. Sorry to break this to you. Its clear you have invested a lot of passion into your story and you have begun to believe it. State records will however differ. No bait……… No poaching………… No fine for either and no deer confiscated, Nor weapons confiscation. You do not understand statute and code. What you wrote does not exist in WI law no matter how badly you wish it did. Had the DNR had a case to cite me for poaching or baiting, they would have most certainly done so. Give them a call and plead with them to re-open the case.

You went on to piss and moan the following: “Brust swept it all under the carpet like a cover-up. No statment (sic) although it really became a public matter.”

Nope! I was cited in Nov. of 2012, Retired in Dec. of 2012, The board met Jan 2013 after I had retired. They were in no position to do anything. I saved them the trouble. I went to the meeting to make sure there was a smooth transition of all the work I was doing so it got handed off to others. Right after that was convention and my vacancy was filled. (pretty dull chain of events) I expect the made-for-TV movie will be much more exciting. Ryan Reynolds is being courted to play me.

Now I suppose they could have burned me in effigy at convention or created an RC piñata to let members whack the hell out of me with a stick or they could have posted my picture on the front cover of the mag with a red circle with a red slash through it with the head line of SHAME! But you are going to want to be realistic here (I know that is going to be a stretch for you) What could they have possibly done? The matter was settled. I was retired. Should they have spent thousands of Dollars to generate a mailer to send to the members???? I do appreciate all the passion on your behalf. It means a great deal to me to know how much I mean to you. If only I could reciprocate.

Now to address the incorrect comments from Mike F. He mistakenly posted : “Years ago, when Wright Allen was the president and I had invited any member or non member to meetings to get things changed. This was because RC had issues and pushed to get the meetings closed to members in good standings.”

That is of course completely false. Meetings were open to any member (and still are) for the opening of the meeting only to allow members to make comments and ask for action on an item. Then the meeting is closed to members and is to be attend only by elected board members but minutes are kept and reported in the magazine. The reason members were disinvited from the full meetings is that during the height of the crossbow wars, pro crossbow folks (namely the president of the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation) joined WBH and would have had the ability to sit through the meeting of the board to hear the game plan and strategy of how WBH was defending against crossbows. It was discovered that there were people that were joining with the intent to harm the org. Allowing them to sit in on planning and strategy would have been counter productive. I know its not sexy and entertaining (the truth never is) as Mike’s invented story but since were laying the cards on the table, its good to get it all out. Mike is free to hate on me if that is his wish but he should at least get his facts straight first as there are plenty of valid reasons to hate on me so you don't have to manufacture bogus ones.

I think we have it all covered now but if you have any more questions feel free to ask. On a related note. I will be at convention should you want to ask questions in person, get an autograph or have a selfie taken with me (fees apply) or to punch me in the nose (even larger fees will be imposed) Go to the vendor area, look for the Innovative Outdoorsman booth where we will be unveiling some new bowhunting products. Ask for the “I really really hate RC” deal since you really really hate RC.

If you cant make the convention, come out to the Madison Marriott this weekend for the WTA convention and look for my booth. If not, come on out to the vendor area at any number of upcoming hunting sportsmans shows to say hi. We have filed for Patent No. 2, the Facebook page for the new product is up and running, the product announcements commercial is shot and edited for release and the website will go live soon. Stay tuned.

Love ya. Your best pal RC ;-)

PS. The more you want to talk about me, the more likely it is I will return. There is an RC beacon on my desk (kind of like the bat signal). It glows green when people are the most passionate about me and thinking of me. Right now this thing is blinding me its so bright. It provides me with energy and warmth. It drains on you but I grow stronger so keep it up. ;-)

PPS, Bow Tech. Join WBH. Its a good org. Then volunteer your time to make it even better.

15-Feb-16
Way to put them in their corner RC. We need your knowledge and expertise back here pronto.

15-Feb-16
There is no time for that. Ive got a business to run now. I tune in every now and again as the RC Beacon begins to glow and drains these fools of their life force. ;-)

Keep drinking that poison hoping it kills me instead of you. LOL

15-Feb-16
Great discussions as always. Information provided on many accounts. People can now render their own opinions as to the worth of the WBH and the caliber of people that run it now and have played key roles in the past. Those people project a lot about an organization as does how an organization reacts to adversity. You can garner a lot via the spokespeople from right here on bowsite.

Some people can't seem to handle it when it is pointed out how flawed an organization can be along with the reasons behind that. Violators are condoned and that is a shame in a hunting organization. People should be banging on the door to get in the WBH yet membership keeps dropping. The role the WBH plays should get people in but the people in place seem to be chasing many away. If you don't like this message, don't read it and don't accept it. Let the status quo remain the status quo which means the WBH will continue to be irrelevant (crossbows are all-inclusive) in today's day and age. Poop flows downhill. It all starts at the top and that seems to be the flaw of WBH. Even some members here have stated that. Another flaw is allowing many of the people here to represent it in a public forum in any manner. Mike F, you seem to want to fight the good fight, but no doubt your hands are tied.

I still have not seen the OP's question answered.

Enjoy the Convention. Sounds like fun.

15-Feb-16
Typical response of a anti hunter.^^^^

15-Feb-16
I did not read this whole page but my 2 cents on your questions, Bow Tech.

First off I've been a member since '72 and started bow hunting in 1957. Without knowing about and understanding the history of the WBH you'd also not understand the work the WBH may be doing for the future and how they operate to get there if they do get there. Then, I'm only a dues paying member that does nothing for the org. other than hold a membership. You should understand strength comes in numbers. Every membership does help. And, I feel somewhat left out as every time I've made a statement that I feel could help gets crucified by guys like rc that you seem to adore. I was going to drop out some time back and might shortly do to a couple members but the WBH did a lot for our sport and I pay my dues as a thank-you from the past people that were able to fight for what we have. The choice to help by being a member is yours but as stated, strength is in numbers and that's why I'm still a member.

15-Feb-16
I go away for a few days only to return to a relapse of RC derangement syndrome. Won't they ever find a cure?

15-Feb-16
I think bow tec is Rc and started this thread to stir the pot in hopes of having his name brought up.

15-Feb-16
Squid-

Thanks for staying. I am glad you did. I know what you went through in the past and appreciate that you are still a member.

Are you gong to make the convention?

15-Feb-16
BowTech that pretty much clears up the whole topic . Thanks

16-Feb-16
"I think bow tec is Rc and started this thread to stir the pot in hopes of having his name brought up. "

Sorry Bow Tech, you have been exposed, but I belong here and will give my opinion no matter what you say. My comments were piggy backed on Tracker's comment and it was not about you per se, it was about the mentality of the WBH and how the organization is run and the actions of many members. Context required your situation along with those from the club who constantly talk down to others. You are already a member of the WBH and only started the thread to raise havoc. You say you did not want differing opinions but you really did. Now carry on, but don't tell me and others to stay away and what to post. You did not make the thread debate free.

And BTW, let's clarify something else here while we're at it. Feeding is something people do from their kitchen window or living room to watch deer. Feeding would also occur outside of a hunting season. Scattering corn around a new condo one built right before gun season in a zone where baiting is illegal, is baiting, plain and simple. Shooting a deer from that condo over that scattered bait is poaching. Having the DNR waiting there for said person to pull the trigger says a lot. Now the ticket says feeding/baiting and is the same ticket in either case. That allows a person to tell the story as they like but one knows that putting bait by a hunting condo to attract deer to kill is baiting, unless of course you are upnorth or bow-tech or some of the others from WBH.

So Brust still belongs to the NRA even after the xbow debacle. Perhaps that explains why he caved so fast on the xbow issue and then claimed it (full inclusion) as a huge win for WI bowhunters. Maybe his pockets were lined too?

I'll continue to help your thread gain traction bow-tech. Just ask.

16-Feb-16
Swiiiiiiiiiing and a miss. ;-)

Living rent free 24/7/365

16-Feb-16
Mike Brust - member NRA, President WBH, wolf committee representative, active in Madison and related committee hearings.

Happy - Internet whiner, bomb-thrower, no other known affiliations.

Thanks for the contributions Happy. Your comments, along with your resume, are appreciated.

16-Feb-16
You forgot to add Hypocrite.

But at the same time he is letting me live rent free between his ears 24/7/365 so he can't be all bad. ;-)

Ive got no desire to be here. Ive got way to much stuff going on right now with the new startup but I get email after email from people saying "their talking about you again".

So I feel compelled to show up and drop people on their heads as required.

Whenever two or more of you gather in my name I will be there. If you don't want that, then get over me. Stop inviting me back to correct your BS.

16-Feb-16
I anxiously await the decision to the $25 question. Is the WBH worthy of your support?

16-Feb-16
I have to admit I was wondering the same thing.

16-Feb-16
Tread's don't stay on topic very often around here do they . LOL I hope to make it there to meet some new people from here .

16-Feb-16
If that blister could read and comprehend he would have known that comments from non-members were specifically not asked for. He actually might be a good guy but when a person cannot comprehend, they certainly cannot add anything of value.

17-Feb-16
The reason members were disinvited from the full meetings is that during the height of the crossbow wars, pro crossbow folks (namely the president of the Wisconsin Crossbow Federation) joined WBH and would have had the ability to sit through the meeting of the board to hear the game plan and strategy of how WBH was defending against crossbows.

Care to back that statement with mames????????????

17-Feb-16
Sure. The then president of the WI crossbow federation was John Cummings. Any More questions? He is no longer the head and if memory serves he has since moved out of state.

17-Feb-16
Never.... take you cross gun and leave. Tech wanted to hear from members. Not trolls that go from one site to another.

17-Feb-16
your not

18-Feb-16
"Thanks for the contributions Happy. "

No problem Capt Mike. My pleasure. Glad I could add some proper and thruthful context to a trolled topic. Been hitting the hard water at all? It was a late start, but the mild temps have made for some awesome outings.

19-Feb-16
I was asked to post this message from Guy Schultz a BOD./// Also banquet reservations need to be into the WBH office by February 29th...I know or have met many of you. My name is Guy Schultz; I’m currently a director for WBH and would like to list a few items we are working on right now.

There are multiple reasons why it’s not good policy for directors to contribute to forums. Sometimes we have our own opinion, and it is more often than not perceived as WBH policy. I’m going to make a one- time exception and try to answer Bowtech’s and others following along, questions from 2-11. The items listed are not proprietary, just items you would find in our magazine. Keep in mind all things mentioned below other than an on demand lobbyist, are done by unpaid volunteers.

DNR support/partnership: WBH’s DNR liaison averages several meetings a month

Youth/women specific Bowhunting outreach: WBH partners with NASP (national archery in schools program). WBH financially helps 8-10 schools a year get started in the program. Next, WBH just recently went through the work to secure a grant to target non-hunting women and youths to get an opportunity to actually hunt. WBH has just begun supplying local clubs with all equipment and tools needed to put on hunts. WBH also has a free archery alley at the Deer and Turkey expo. WBH volunteers at the youth expo, and the DNR archery tent at state fair.

Land owner connections: WBH has a land owner payment plan to try to keep private land available for use. No, it won’t pay for a lease in Buffalo County; sometimes enough to by a breakfast is what counts.

Hire a Lobbyist to advocate in Madison; WBH’s Legislative liaison spends countless hours at the capital. When needed we have a great lobbyist available. Thankfully, that’s not the case right now.

Wolf delisting; WBH’s current president is on the Wolf committee.

Work toward archery only hunts; what do you want to hunt that isn’t already available??

Wills of land; Yes, WBH is in the process of setting up the property for youth, disabled, vets, etc. This is a very costly and manpower intensive job even with the willed land.

Sponsor a Scholarship; Yes, UW Stevens Point, student working toward DNR. WBH also contributes to several worthwhile orgs.

Not listed is the Bowhunting heritage Museum which is preserving Wisconsin’s deep archery history. It’s located in WBH’s office building in Clintonville. Stop by and check it out. When not working on the above items we stay busy with the convention and broadhead shoot.

I’ve probably missed many, many more items we are currently working on. Could we do better, you bet! As for me, I’m trying to give something back to the sport that has given me so much. And you know what? It’s quite fulfilling.

So, How about you? Pick any item above and make it better, start a new endeavor. Administrative, marketing, and membership recruitment help is also welcomed.

The convention;

On Saturday you do not need to be a member to attend. There will be many great seminars, a vendor hall, and a chance to meet many likeminded people. Heck, you might even want to talk with one of our directors about forest management. He’s a forester for the DNR. Soil samples are optional. My wife and I will be volunteering to help the WBH sponsored NASP shoot. Stop by and say hi. While there take some time to cheer on the 200 middle and high school age kids shooting archery equipment. There will be a banquet Saturday evening. The Sunday morning annual meeting is open to WBH members only.

Ok, carry on,

Regards ,

Guy

19-Feb-16
Is it this weekend? I unexpectedly have the weekend off from work.

19-Feb-16
March 5 and 6

26-Feb-16

26-Feb-16
That was a ton of work for one member..... Maybe..

03-Mar-16
I forgot that this weekend is the Fat Bike Birkie so I will not be attending as I previously stated. I will be working instead.

05-Mar-16
Sorry that I missed it but work pays the bills. Very run down so maybe it was best. I am resting up so I can go look for sheds with the meltdown starting.

06-Mar-16
How was it? Was there a good turn out for the 75th?

06-Mar-16
Smokey ... wish you were there. Great turn out. Next year will be at the Dells again.

06-Mar-16
Thanks for the update. maybe next year.

06-Mar-16
The turnout was good. I believe everyone had a good time.

06-Mar-16
Smokey about 300 for dinner Sat. Night. A very good turnout for The day's events on Saturday. My booth was always hopping. Even Had a young gal track me down on Sun morning after I tore down my booth wanting to buy 3 bow holders right before the business meeting started. I of course helped her out. ;-)

06-Mar-16
What was the award the WBH got from the State of Wisconsin ?????

07-Mar-16
Rep. Joel Kleefisch Presented a legislative proclamation commending WBH on 75 years of service.

07-Mar-16
RC, if that is true, it is a great compliment paid to an organization, one which is obviously well known to the lawmakers of the state.

07-Mar-16
CaptMike-

Yes, it is true. RC is correct.

07-Mar-16
"RC, if that is true"

CaptMike. If you know me you know I post nothing but the truth. ;-)

07-Mar-16
Just semantics. Wasn't that I did not believe, simply that I did not know for sure.

In any case, and as I stated, that certainly puts WBH in an esteemed group. It also tells me that the WBH has been active with and is well known by legislators. That cannot be a bad thing when presenting an opinion on a legislative issue.

07-Mar-16
CaptMike +1

07-Mar-16
Congrats to Denny Palmer as he was awarded Bowhunter of the Year. What a nice reward to a wonderful Life time member

07-Mar-16
Denny Palmer certainly deserves Bowhunter of the Year. I would relish the opportunity to share a hunt/camp with him.

08-Mar-16
Todd: Denny Palmer and I met on a Stone Sheep hunt, a quite a few years back. It was not a good hunt, the guides were lazy and hard to get along with. The tents leaked. The horses were half wild, But Denny and I sucked it in and got it done. Denny shot his ram on the last day when the guide would hardly get out of camp. That sheep was all Denny. Denny & I each got rams on that hunt, But I got to meet the Best hunter I have ever known. As you know Todd, your partner in camp can make or break the hunt. I have hunted with Denny many other times since. In camp he always pulls his own weight and he is one of the best guys to be on a hunt with. Since he lost his leg, We have hunted with him in Iowa, North Dakota and Montana, He is always wonderful to be in Camp with.

• Sitka Gear