RC 10-Feb-16
Dave G. 10-Feb-16
DaleHajas 10-Feb-16
Red Beastmaster 10-Feb-16
DaleHajas 11-Feb-16
redbuffalo 12-Feb-16
HARRY CARRY 14-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
FEBRUARY SHOOT..THIS SUNDAY FEBRUARY 14TH'S SHOOT IS CANCELLED.

Due to the Sunday forecasted extreme cold temperatures, the wind-chill factors, and township road maintenance when extreme temperatures affect snow, the Crew has decided to CANCEL THIS COMING SUNDAY, FEB. 14th 3D, in the name of well-being and safety of ALL PERSONS INVOLVED, WHETHER THEY ARE GUESTS OR CREW.

Consider: it takes 3 to 4 hours to set up a course. It takes 2 hours or so to tear down a course. Some of our Crew are dealing with the ongoing flu/cold that just can't be shaken, and there are other health issues we need to consider. FOR EVERYONE. INCLUDING OUR REGULAR GUESTS.

Also consider: East Huntingdon Township does not use salt on their roads. They only use ash and cinders. Any snow or ice already on the roads will not be melted.

With the temperatures on Saturday, our normal set-up day, to be a high of 18, and with Sunday's high being forecast at 14, WITH LOWS OF 0 EACH DAY, we are simply not going to risk it.

WE APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE WHO PLANNED ON ATTENDING. But, we'd rather be proactive and cancel now, instead of leaving everyone guessing up to the last moment.

The Crew of "Strictly Sticks" hopes you all understand what we are faced with, especially when we try to present a worthy event that people will enjoy.

If we end up erring on the side of caution, so be it. We'd rather see EVERYONE POSSIBLE (ALIVE AND WELL!!) at our March "Archer Appreciation Shoot", than know we caused problems because we didn't cancel when we should have.

If you know anyone who may have been planning to attend, please, would you consider giving them a phone call or email? We know there are a few people who don't use the computer/internet.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING THIS DECISION.

And, hopefully, you'll forgive us, and still come to our March shoot!

Sincerely,

Randy Davis, on behalf of ALL THE CREW OF "STRICTLY STICKS"

09-Feb-16
Good call.

09-Feb-16
I remember shooting there with 3 little children, 6 fo 9 yrs of age, my kids of course. It was -6. We were all men that day:) Probably a good call Randy

10-Feb-16
I remember that day, Dale. Now those SS guys wear short pink skirts with fancy ruffles. Skeered of a little cold air:)

10-Feb-16
I can see Harry now..... "Hey Hey we're the Sticks gang..." :)

10-Feb-16
Hey RC, you can still stop over. I hear REALLY COLD AIR is good for shoulder recoveries. Don't know how many of you remember last year, or the year before, we set up on one of those extreme cold days, and had 2 Archers stop over. "Hawkeye in PA", and Bernie. I believe they shot the course together. We decided to be a bit more proactive this year.

And, RC, no, we don't need to borrow any of YOUR dancing tuu-tuu's or skirts. We figure as much as you enjoy wearing them, especially while working the tiller tree, that giving them up for a day might be a hardship!!!!

We'll try our best to TOUGHEN UP in the future, and be like some of you...!!!

See yinz in MARCH; March 13th, Metikki. It's the "Archer Appreciation Day 3D". It involves a complimentary lunch, Dale. Interested??!!

10-Feb-16
XO:)

10-Feb-16
"It involves a complimentary lunch, Dale. Interested??!!"

That old familiar jingle's already playing in Dale's head...

"my hotdog has a first name...it's O S C A R..." :^)

10-Feb-16
I knew what he meant bub...... :)

10-Feb-16
Three little kids out in sub zero temps huh?

Father Of The Year..............NOT!

11-Feb-16
Yup and an snowflake or 2 dont rile em up either:)

12-Feb-16

redbuffalo's embedded Photo
redbuffalo's embedded Photo
Dale, if your kids had fun then I say that you done good. My son was out alot with me. He shot wherever I did. Now being 18 he has other interests. Still shoots with me but not as often.

14-Feb-16
The Crew of "Strictly Sticks" would like to thank everyone for their patience and toleration of us cancelling today's event.

A few of us went to the clubhouse around noon today, only to find that the building had frozen water pipes.

No water. For the kitchen, for cooking, for the sinks, the restrooms, for the coffee.

And that meant we would not have been able to have HAD an event today, even if we did not cancel.

Sometimes we as humans win out over nature. Sometimes.

In this case, today, nature let us know who is really in charge.

We'll be keeping the power of nature in our minds, as we look forward to the March 13th "Archer Appreciation Day 3D".

Maybe, by then, those dang water pipes will have unfrozen!

• Sitka Gear