bigbuckbob 13-Feb-16
Al Gambardella 14-Feb-16
bigbuckbob 14-Feb-16
Al Gambardella 14-Feb-16
Big D 17-Feb-16
grizzlyadam 17-Feb-16
bigbuckbob 18-Feb-16
12-Feb-16
Anyone hunt in or around the town of columbia? Maybe moving to the area and wanted see how the deer hunting was in the area and if there are parts of the town where more deer are seen than other parts, so i know where to look for a home maybe with some property. thanks al

12-Feb-16
AL check out the deer kills for that town and see how it is .

12-Feb-16
Steve, I have checked out the kills for the last 3 years, but is strange because towns in the Northwest corner show high kill numbers but from what i hear the deer numbers are low in that area. .

12-Feb-16
Al

You looking at state or private kills in the nw corner?

12-Feb-16
I hunt in coventry, which is a few towns before columbia. Its a good geographical location for deer. Usually nothing huge. Good numbers though. Not to say that some big ones don't exists. I've seen some that looked like they came straight out of saskatchuwan.

13-Feb-16
bob, private land

13-Feb-16
Al, The difference in Cornwall and Columbia is State Lands. Tons of State Land in Cornwall and zero in Columbia.

Twice the number of hunters too

13-Feb-16
Al

You're lucky to have private land.

14-Feb-16
bob, have nothing yet just looking in Columbia, just trying to show the kill numbers can be misleading. low numbers may mean low hunting pressure instead of a low deer count and high numbers may mean just a lot of hunters but not not a lot of deer in the area like ne hunter said, that's why i was looking to hear from guys who hunt in Columbia or near by

14-Feb-16
Al

Try asking the law enforcement if there's a certain age where lots of deer get hit by cars.

14-Feb-16
Good idea bob

17-Feb-16
I hunt in the Hebron area 1 town over and the deep population has been pretty steady over the years. I usually tag one or 2 a year

17-Feb-16
I have family there, there's some good deer numbers there from what they tell me they see. The deer are a driving concern to them, there are lots of roadkill I'm told. Never really heard anything about any good rackers though.

18-Feb-16
My best friend lives in Hebron on Jennifer Dr and the state forest is in his backyard. Never hunted there, but he tells me there are lots of deer in the area of the Easter Seals camp. He sees them all the time on Burrows Hill Rd and Jones St, so look for state or private land in that area.

• Sitka Gear