bill v 14-Feb-16
bill v 14-Feb-16
bill v 14-Feb-16
PAbowhunter1064 15-Feb-16
horsethief51 15-Feb-16
Bob McArthur 15-Feb-16
bill v 16-Feb-16
14-Feb-16
well today is probably last stand for me. I'm sitting looking east straight down a flat ridge top. pretty chilly out here but comfortable. camera is saying most of the activity is at night. we'll see what happens

heavy thicket behind me. south facing hillside to my right. dropping away. that's the direction of movement I hope for

14-Feb-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
nj. Sun 2/14

14-Feb-16

bill v's embedded Photo
bill v's embedded Photo
and a photo looking north

14-Feb-16
for you guys that don't venture out in the rally cold weather

equipment is: on legs, cold gear base and med weight thermals under light weight hunting pants. up top, cold gear base with cotton sweatshirt , Cano turtle neck fleece. all covered with a full coverall down filled.

feet. rubber boots. 2 pair heavy wool. changed at stand and icebreaker boot blankehead, wool hat and fleece hoodie

I'll be back. I'm hearing thing behind me

14-Feb-16
on the hands, Sitka mountain gloves

14-Feb-16
got into stand at 2:03. in the teens here with a slight breeze. maybe 6 mph. from the north. decent direction for me

no deer seen yet. but squirrels and birds cardnals ,sparrows. woodpeckers. but hatch.

14-Feb-16
Bill, I thought you were dying. Turns out, you're just hunting.

Carry on.

Keep an eye out for me through Feb.

Looks like my woods.

Enjoy.

14-Feb-16
You still out there?

14-Feb-16
You okay, Bill? Do we need to organize a search & rescue party? Hope you got one or two down, brother!

14-Feb-16
sorry for the delay guys, deer happens ad the end of the night came. About 4 pm I spotted a lone deer, took awhile for it to get closer. it was coming into range, the wind swirled and the animal started to get uneasy she turned broadside and turned her head too. I drew , set and shot just before her possible exit. don't know what happened but, no deer, things kinda happen in the cold. I spent the rest of light hoping for another shot as I watched that deer for awhile. I exited the stand for the last time this year and headed out on an hour and a half trek home, hence the late post.

14-Feb-16
Josh, I'm fine. I would not have been in a tree without backup people in case of a problem. When its this cold its even more important. You don't want to be hanging from a harness (or worse)long in this weather. I was alone but, my hunting partner Bsked just returned home from Vacation and Bowjo were both keeping an eye on me.I was texting both of them on a regular basis.

its important to be safe out there or its not worth going.

14-Feb-16
That was my last stand of the year, next week end I'll have a UBP booth set up at the sheep show in Lancaster. Please all, stop by and see us.

The season is now over and I'd like to wish everyone a great spring and summer.

I'm kinda glad its over, I need a break!

Bill V

14-Feb-16
Jeff, those pics where takin in the Clinton area

15-Feb-16
Good to hear, Bill! You are correct...better safe than sorry, and its great that you get out in this frigid, cold weather! Thanks for the update, and I might see you at the sheep show.

15-Feb-16
Gene has a big box full of stuff.

15-Feb-16
Hey Billy, that was your last stand? Good, now there's no excuse to get me that letter you promised! :)

16-Feb-16
I knew you would chime in bob

• Sitka Gear