Reggiezpop 19-Jul-16
MuskyBuck 21-Jul-16
WausauDug 22-Jul-16
happygolucky 22-Jul-16
Jeff in MN 22-Jul-16
16-Feb-16

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Post pictures of the critters you harvested in 2015 or the part of the 2015 season that extended into 2016.

I shot this buck in late October in Minnesota. I was in one of my more productive stands. Field dressed out at 210#, very long body. He followed a much smaller 8 pointer in. Hit him square in the spine and he folded right up.

There is a tannery in the area and he gets the hides back pretty quick. This mount was actually ready for me to pick up about 3 weeks ago but I was not able to get it until yesterday.

16-Feb-16

This pic shows how long he is. Standing next to the little 8 pointer he came in with he looked like a giant.

16-Feb-16
great buck Jeff!

16-Feb-16
Great job ! Jeff. Now that is a mature Deer. Gets the adrenaline flowing!! Is that the arrow entry hole by your hand??

16-Feb-16
Very nice Jeff!! It's always a good day when the taxidermist calls.

16-Feb-16
nice buck, good pic

16-Feb-16

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Here's a couple mounts from the 2015 season. Lol, bird taxidermy is a little hobby of mine. No nice bucks, but how about a Boone and Crockett old squaw from Lake Michigan. Still wrapped in string to hold some feathers where I like them.

16-Feb-16

Or a Franklin's spruce grouse from Montana? Still drying

16-Feb-16

Or a ruffed grouse from Wisconsin?

16-Feb-16

Or a timber doodle?

16-Feb-16
Next year I'll post up my first buck mount I'll be doing after a successful bow season.

Nice buck Jeff!

16-Feb-16

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Montana archery bull

16-Feb-16

Nice bull.

Grandmaster, yes just to the right of my hand is the entry hole. It was a downward shot plus the deer was angled away. So, I was way high and maybe a little to the right with my shot. I had just switched from Thunderheads to Slick Tricks and was skeptical of how well they would go through bone with the steep angle of the blades. The deer dropped on the spot then rolled downhill a bit. He was not moving at all but he was still breathing so I did give him a second shot to be sure he would not get up. I will blame the poor hit on myself, that deer was inside 25 yards for close to 10 minutes before he presented a shot so I was a little stressed out and the arms were tired by that time.

As you can see in the pic the front of the blade did go through the spine, don't know if any broadhead would go through a dead center hit in a spine at an angle.

16-Feb-16

Konk1's embedded Photo
Konk1's embedded Photo
A pic of the 10 pointer I shot on Nov 3. Over the course of 3 days I sat approx. 22 hours and this is the only deer I saw.

16-Feb-16
Awesome buck and mount Jeff!

Cool bird mounts Pete-pec! I wonder when the politically correct masses will change the name of the Old Squaw to something less offensive? I used to shoot a lot of timber doodles back in the day... I called them "mud bats".

Nice bull Kylet.

I'll have to wait a month or so for my deer mounts from last season.

16-Feb-16
Funny Mike! The Old Squaw has been changed to long-tailed duck already. Like over ten years ago now. They are old squaw to me....I mean absolutely no offense, it's simply what we called them.

Those woodcock could be considered somewhat offensive too. So let's call them wood wieners lol, are a freaking alien. Their ears are below their eye toward their beak, and their eyes are in the back of their head. Their neck faced downward like if you would touch your chin to your chest. Crazy delicate skin on crazy little birds.

16-Feb-16

Here is the head of the woodcock inverted, during the skinning process.

16-Feb-16
Pete that is alien like! Growing up in NY we had woodcock and bobwhites everywhere. They aren't there anymore due to habitat I am guessing? Funny thing is we never had turkeys and they are all over the place now. Nice bird mounts!

Jeff in MN that is one of the nicest pics of a deer taken I have seen in a long time. Nice buck.

Kylet I remember you started a thread on the whitening process. What did you end up doing? Get it done or do yourself?

16-Feb-16
Pete, I saw my first turkey in southern Wisconsin in 1991. Now I have a winter flock on the property i hun near 200, and plenty of other birds surrounding us. Those turkeys are prolific, and take over pretty easily. It's considered a DNR success story, but I'm thinking the turkey did all the work?! I love to hunt them though. 8 in 3 years on toms with 100% success on tags held. I like turkey hunting about as much as fishing, or morel hunting or bow hunting. When spring awakes from the winter, there's nothing quite like it....except for the rut of course!

16-Feb-16
Jeff. Been using slick tricks. Since they came out love me a hidden gem in the broad head world

16-Feb-16
Jeff. Been using slick tricks. Since they came out love me a hidden gem in the broad head world

21-Mar-16

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
2015 buck is almost done

28-Mar-16

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Got this guy back on Friday.

28-Mar-16

He has a small double throat patch that shows up better in this lighting.

28-Mar-16

28-Mar-16
Wow, really long G2s and G3s. Nice.

28-Mar-16
Real nice deer mike.

I will be getting my deer and turkey back in 3 weeks. I always look forward to getting mounts back.

28-Mar-16
I stopped and made a payment. Mount coming in a few months.

31-Mar-16

Strapped's embedded Photo
Strapped's embedded Photo
Shot this guy opening day, gotta love the short summer coat.

31-Mar-16
Cool mount, taxidermists that enter deer mounts in competition love to have very early season deer because you cannot hide mistakes when the hair is that short. That means the quality of their work shows and allows for higher scores. Muscles really show on those mounts too.

02-Apr-16

Novemberforever's embedded Photo
Novemberforever's embedded Photo
Oldie

04-Apr-16
Great mounts.

Never noticed that double throat, Mike. Kylet- great looking buck.

-Always a big fan of the dark chocolate antlers.

Inside/Out woodcock is just creepy.

12-Apr-16

Duke's embedded Photo
Duke's embedded Photo
A couple of European mounts that just got finished up with... My daughter seems particularly excited?!

12-Apr-16
Very nice Duke!

12-Apr-16
That smile tells me she plans to shoot bigger deer than dad before too long.

05-May-16

My brother in law shot this one in Lacrosse county. Green gross score in the mid 180's. The locals had been after this guy for a couple of years. Several game camera pics of him added to the anticipation. One neighbor has a shed from him last spring.

My brother in law was the least likely person to harvest him. He is a dairy farmer and hardly ever has time to get out hunting. When he does he usually falls asleep. I guess it was just his turn for some serious luck.

05-May-16
A blind squirrel will get his nut eventually! ^^^

05-May-16

Knife2sharp's MOBILE embedded Photo
Knife2sharp's MOBILE embedded Photo

Nebraska buck I got last fall and just picked him up 2 weeks ago.

07-May-16
Konk1 - who did your European mount? It looks very nice. I wish some of my head mounts were European mounts instead.

14-May-16

Randy's embedded Photo
Randy's embedded Photo
It was a long wait but I finally got him back

14-May-16
Randy, you should have put a tine stretcher on that G1. Nice buck, what did he score?

Is that ash on the wall?

14-May-16
171 5/8 gross. Yes, that is white ash on the wall.

14-May-16
I was pretty sure it was ash and was thinking white but it had enough color that it could have been black ash too. I have nailed up over 2000 sq ft of black ash on ceilings in the last year. Still working on the lower level ceiling but close to done. Then a couple of walls to do.

18-May-16
Randy - great deer.

18-Jul-16

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Finally got him back. Too tired to properly hang, but the entire house is excited!

19-Jul-16
Very cool!

19-Jul-16

Hung and happy! Last year on the left. 11 pointer from 3 years ago. I thought that was nice.

19-Jul-16

21-Jul-16
Nice mounts/animals everyone. 2016 seasons are not that far off.

22-Jul-16

WausauDug's embedded Photo
WausauDug's embedded Photo
Here's my new buddy, Mr Bear. Pic is fuzzy but Tom Hatfield of Dreaming Badger in Hayward did a fantastic job.

22-Jul-16
Love the awesome white patch in that bear WausauDug.

Great mounts everyone!

22-Jul-16
Anyone that shoots a bear with a white patch or V and is planning to mount it would be crazy to do it in a way that does not show it off. i.e. not a rug and not just the head.

I was just in Tom's shop today getting the scoop on how to get hold of him if I get a bear when he is not there.

A guy was there about getting a replica of a BIG northern made for his kid, was the first fish the kid ever caught. Way to go kid. Tom told them to decide before bear season starts because it will take way longer to get it back after that.

• Sitka Gear