Brian M. 08-Apr-16
22-Feb-16

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
There must be too many old farts in the system

22-Feb-16
can I stop paying taxes??? lets stop welfare

22-Feb-16
Well I've had two good years of free licenses,but, I wondered why I still had to pay for the archery license.

It's only a matter of time before they introduce an air tax.

22-Feb-16
Followed by free licenses for welfare recipients. Welcome to liberal town USA. That's just disgusting. When does it end?

22-Feb-16
I think it's time that we all move out of this god awful state. Our fine piece of sh@t governor has done everything humanly possible to ruin this state. The only people who vote for him are people who look for hand outs and know how to abuse the system. Not on my dime. Sorry, but it's time to say goodbye to a once great state.

22-Feb-16
Bummer! That said, I would pay it happily if it stayed earmarked for outdoors causes (Hunting, fishing or land preservation open to those activities)... But knowing it goes gen fund down there. C'mon man! :(

23-Feb-16
Sure, I turned 65 this past Dec and now they want to change the process so I continue to pay. Guess I buy all my licenses today so I can save the money for the NEW taxes or fees they'll also introduce to pay for the social programs.

I guess the goal is make everyone poor enough so we all get on the social program dole,.....redistribution of wealth they call it. CT sucks, but unless my grandson wants to move out with us I'm staying here.

24-Feb-16
The state has a way of sucking the joy out of everything we love to do! Back when Malloy doubled all the license fees I didn't buy any that year, many others followed suit, they quickly realized how bad they screwed up and dropped the prices

24-Feb-16
Big D

I remember that clearly, and I did the same as you, didn't buy a single license. A co-worker bought his and told me about the hike and then he was pissed when they lowered it.

29-Feb-16
Thanks CONN< for scr#$%$# us seniors in our limited # yrs to hunt are you going to at least give us a senior discount or are u in need of money ( that u flounder recklessly )that much. Thanks Legislature

29-Feb-16
Hey Wild Bill the reason you pay for archery is because it's not a license it's a permit this way the state don'6t have part of it go to pitman and roberts fund it goes to general fund another way for the state to stick it to the sportsman

29-Feb-16
Howdy George,

Good to hear from you.

I wasn't aware of the difference in the designation. However,I was of the understanding that Pittman Robertson was funded through an excise tax, paid by manufacturers. So I looked it up, and it seems that if they are hiding the "archery" portion from the Feds, they are cheating themselves of Federal dollars from the Pittman Robertson payouts.

"The remainder of the trust fund is then divided in half with 50% allocated in proportion to the area of the state and 50% in proportion to the number of paid hunting licenses in the state relative to paid hunting licenses in the entire country."

http://www.nssf.org/factsheets/PDF/PittmanRobertsonFacts.pdf

Senior discount? Not likely. The government is eyeing the takeover of the food distribution system, like they did health care. Then they can not only deny seniors life saving healthcare, but also sufficient amounts of food.

01-Mar-16
What is going on with these 2 proposals (Removal of free license for those over 65 and the introduction of a $10 trout stamp)? I have not been able to find any info on the status of these proposals. Anybody have any info?

01-Mar-16
I might've missed it,was archery included in that gobble de goop..

01-Mar-16
Ed, Thanks for posting that info. I saw besides the $10 fee for a trout stamp that there is also a $28 fee for salmon. WTF! In the future, I guess I will be careful when trolling on Mt Tom or fishing in the Naugatuck River not to hook into a salmon!!!!

01-Mar-16
Well you're a fine harbinger of cockie news bud..lol..it kills me how this jack off pound his chest when a crappy service job announces they're adding 6whole jobs but does nothing to attract a major factory..

02-Mar-16

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
That sucks bud..I hear that's not the funest of things to have.....

02-Mar-16
Sorry notme your chick don't hold a candle to SWK's lol. But don't get me wrong.......

02-Mar-16
Must be cause she's sticking her bass out.. Lol

03-Mar-16
Another thread that headed south! However, I don't mind the new direction of this thread! I do like SWK'S fishing girl. She definitely has a great bASS!

03-Mar-16
SWK - I am already getting my free license as I am 67 (old but not done). I am somewhat confused as to whether I will still get it for free or have to pay the $5 in the future. If the money went into strictly DEEP hunting and fishing programs, I would not have a problem with paying $5 or for paying $10, as a matter of fact ,for the trout stamp. My guess is that money will wind up in the general fund.

04-Mar-16
So if the money from fishing and hunting license supposedly go towards the Pittman act,if archery is a tag where does that money go ?..

I saw last month on ct-n an appropiations/bond commission meeting..malloy passed every thing under the sun no matter how stupid it was and with objections from the Republican members except for one item...sen.franz finally stopped him and said,we've been in this meeting for 34minutes and you've already spent one million dollars..its one thing to borrow at 9% but the higher we go the higher the interest rate...malloys answer,ah senator you've been crying about rates and the sky is falling ever since I took office.i haven't seen it yet and don't think it will happen..meeting adjourned...

Maybe the extra money generated from the license will go towards helping with the scholarships for undocumented alians at Yale.they did have 800 letters demanding it and our legislators do seem to think its the right thing to do..after all its not their fault.

Yes I will admit swk's girl (the picture ) does have an hellasious bass!!!

04-Mar-16
HI NOTME I BELIEVE IT GOES TO THE G-F

04-Mar-16
Not sure where you guys are getting your information from, but NO License or Permit fees go into the Pittman Robertson fund.

The P-R money comes from an excise tax (paid by the manufacturers at the wholesale level), into the fund. It's important to note that when you buy an item, the P-R excise tax is already in the price marked.

It started in 1937, and has been expanded to include additional items used by hunters and shooters. Most things are taxed at 11%, I think some at 10%, and it's distributed by the Feds based on a (somewhat complicated) formula as mentioned above. Some of the money is earmarked only for Hunter Safety related programs and the other part can be used for things like Land acquisition and habitat improvement projects. States have to match a portion, and in CT (and maybe everywhere, I'm not sure) they do that with the Volunteered hours by Hunter Safety class Instructors.

All in all it's an amazing program, and has been remarkably effective. Of course, if you talk to a Hiker or a Birdwatcher, they think that THEY pay for conservation. Hunters (and shooters) pay for a huge percentage of it.

04-Mar-16
I just came back on this thread to check out the butt again. What are we talking about now? Oh yeah that's right fees to the fund.

04-Mar-16
LMFAO spike,I keep doing the same thing too..I'm doing it now..scroll up,scroll down..expand..repeat...lol

08-Mar-16
Hoytman said, "The only people who vote for him are people who look for hand outs and know how to abuse the system." Sadly, that is not true. You'd be surprised how many 'well educated' people vote for these fools over and over. Look at it this way.. two people I know with masters degrees in hard science can't figure out the 'rich' guy pays more than the poor guy with a 10% flat income tax. Not to mention, they don't think themselves 'rich' but they are. Yet, they vote to 'stick it to the rich' then complain about high taxes. Fools come from all levels of society.

08-Mar-16

hemlock 's embedded Photo
hemlock 's embedded Photo
Don't be grabbing your rod's ! Another few weeks till opening day :)

09-Mar-16
Oh my god you guys are killing me. That's a contender right there.

09-Mar-16
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/food-stamp-demographics_n_6771938.html

Hoytman, just a Lil info for ya. At the very least, be informed before making generalizations and some of you guys kill me with this Detroit shit.....I mean, seriously. At some point, people are going to realize that poor is poor, regardless of skin color!!

09-Mar-16
YIKES!!!!

10-Mar-16
I think what county is saying is color has nothing to do with anything,poor is poor..

10-Mar-16
FYI, This year the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration and Dingell-Johnson Sport Fish Restoration Acts brought in $1.1 billion. This is about to be distributed to state wildlife agencies.

62 percent of the funds from the program are used by state agencies to buy, develop, maintain, or manage wildlife management areas. Since the program began, over four million acres have been bought and an addition 40 million acres managed in conjunction with private landowners.

CT is getting: $8,649,355.

25-Mar-16
I just turned 65yo last year is my licenses free now?

25-Mar-16
I just turned 65yo? Trout stamp?

I'm handicapped there are no handicapped fishing areas for trout or any other fishing. I got told to move my car in black rock state park. I can't fish too far from the car. I just left. The ranger was showing off in front of the summer help. Now want me to pay more for fishing?

29-Mar-16
Bad; one of eleven states in the union that taxes both social security and pension/401K, but can't even give a retired individual a fishing license. Malloy thinks he is going to fix his billion dollar deficit by pushing more people to Florida. If that guys solution were ever other than raising taxes, I think his brains would catch fire.

07-Apr-16

notme's embedded Photo
notme's embedded Photo
1953spotrs afield article

08-Apr-16
LMFAO.thanx bud

08-Apr-16
When does the female season open? Got pick up a few tags now and avoid the rush.

08-Apr-16
BBB,I think its a trap.!!!!..theres no mention of throwing a few back

08-Apr-16
Doesn't mention bringing them home either. ;o)

• Sitka Gear