homey77 01-Apr-16
Maverick940 01-Apr-16
Heat 01-Apr-16
AZBUGLER 01-Apr-16
elktrax 01-Apr-16
24-Feb-16

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo
If you guessed its (TIME TO WATCH THE CREDIT CARDS AGAIN) You guessed right.... One of my favorite times a year.. Drives some people crazy on here and some enjoy the fun... I myself love every thread of it. with that said what's every ones guess???? lol....

I got drawn last year but had my elk hunt cut short do to a atv accident..100% tear in rotator cuff plus another small tare in another part of cuff. Four anchor screws, a toggle anchor for my bicep tendon that had to be reattached and a long recovery that is still in affect.. Dr. said I will be pulling my bow back in about a month.. Its been hell, been out of work for 9 weeks and a few more to go. A total of 5mo. 3 weeks since accident. But confident in a full recovery and getting back out in the field.. Last year was a fun countdown to the fall season.. hope everyone is in good health and spirits because its show time once again in the Arizona Fall Draw... Good luck all and God Bless....tic toc tic toc nail biting time .....

24-Feb-16
My guess is we have another month to go. My moneys on March 23rd same day my daughter is due to be born!

24-Feb-16
for me it is either a draw or a cruise to the south pacific and then on to Australia and New Zealand.

Terry

24-Feb-16
I like your enthusiasm! I plan to hunt somewhere out west this year. May not be AZ, but I am tired of building points and ready to burn em.

24-Feb-16
I had 2 separate operations on the same shoulder (rotator and labrum) within a few months of each other. Be diligent with your rehab (it'll pay off). I'm solid again --- just need to draw a bull tag this year!

24-Feb-16
+1 I have torn both and you diffinatle don't want to rush the bow!

25-Feb-16
Well my money is on 3/18 for card hits and 3/29 for results.

The last two years have been consistent with the hits and results.

2014- Card hits on 3/20 (Thursday) on-line results 4/8 (Tuesday)

2015 - Card hits on 3/20 (Friday) On-Line results on 4/7 (Tuesday)

The latest cards have been hit was around 4/2 (I believe) in 2013.

Feed ME!

25-Feb-16
I wouldn't get too hopeful. They called me last Friday over a pig tag I was issued but didn't get charged for. She said they were still cleaning up the spring draw mess and she didn't expect anything to happen with the elk draw until April.

25-Feb-16
Bleh!

25-Feb-16
Eltrax you kept us all on the edge of our seats last year with your enthusiasm for your elk hunt. Sucks you had to have that accident. This forum needs more like you! Hope you draw again man and have a little rematch with the elk. Good Luck buddy!

26-Feb-16
I hear ya HEAT.. I had a great time on the short hunt, Busted 4 bears at one time eating an Elk carcuss. That was a trophy in itself. Got video n all.. and My chances on a couple kills were busted up by other hunters... But that's how it goes.... Rehab on shoulder sucks but I'm pushing thru.. Gonna be another great year...... Hope to keep things alive till the hunt....tic toc

29-Feb-16

AZBUGLER's embedded Photo
Never too early to start scouting! It's only 7 months or so away.

Took the kids out this weekend looking for turkey tracks, elk antlers, and any game we could find. We had a great weekend seeing close to 100 elk, 15 deer, and 18 antelope. We were also fortunate enough to find a dead 5x5 head and a great 6 point shed. The shed is from a 340 class bull and was real massive (53" main beam and 10" bases). I'm guessing this bull will be big enough to shoot this fall. Bring on September!

29-Feb-16

29-Feb-16

29-Feb-16
Nice finds, can you keep the dead heads in AZ, in NM you can not, have to turn them in.

29-Feb-16
that's awesome... bet the kids had a blast!!!!

01-Mar-16
Moch, unless it's an old kill, you need to have it cleared by G&F. If they determine it appears to be from natural causes, they will clear you to take it. I was able to keep this one.

Elktrax, yes they had a blast. My daughter didn't want to come home on Sunday.

14-Mar-16
I think its one more week till CC hit time tic toc tic toc... Come on ANTLERS........ Either way its gonna be a great year.. hunting elk deer or what ever it is... I have a new shoulder (not quite 100%) But its getting there.. Played my first round of golf today in over six months due to injury.... wasn't pretty but it was fun.. Still not back to work.. another 3 weeks the Doc says... Man I miss work,, LOL.. well good luck all and lets get this AZ forum up and running.. its dead.. most post are ancient.....

14-Mar-16
Hope you are right elktrax. For sure it won't be until after the 17th since that is the deadline to update card info.

16-Mar-16
well my card was hit March 21st of last year,, Had my wife pull it up on the old PC...lol.. So maybe this weekend there will be DREAMS come true for some and a lot of broken ones for others.. Hope I'm not a broken one...But it is what it is... I do need a rematch with the Elk I put to bed last year before my unfortunate accident....Good Luck all..

And Chuckster haven't heard you or seen any of your comments on hear yet.. Come on man lets get excited.......

16-Mar-16
I got to add one more thing.. I'm excited and I don't even have a truck or my toy hauler anymore...Do to my accident had to sell them because of all the time off and medical bills. I have insurance but 20% of 100 is pretty hefty. But I'm still excited.. Ill ride a bike to hunt if I have to..lol.. Started my 4th month off last week from work... have three weeks to go until hopefully and prayerfully My Dr. releases me... I'm going nuts.. I feel like a cowboy without a horse...I learned my lesson about Extra disability insurance.. Ill pay the Super extra price from now on..

You guys may see me on an onramp in September. On I17 with a sign asking for a ride to elk country... With a backpac n bow in hand... lol... By the Grace Of Our God all my bills are paid and there is still food on the table.. And talked to my Work yesterday.. My job is secure till I recover... God is good my friends.... John 3:16..... Jesus is the way the truth and the life... tic toc tic toc

16-Mar-16
Love your enthusiasm and your outlook trax. I was recently out of work for four months due to a layoff and just started working again so I feel your pain. Sounds like things will be turning around for you soon. Hey, we're down to less than six months!

16-Mar-16
Trax...that's the peace of the Lord. All is well in His hands- Philippians 4:11.

Getting real giddy here...hoping for 4A, the heartache of not going for another year is a tough swallow, but I too will rest in the provisions...

Hoping to make this a first ever father/son elk hunt, or father/son/son. I want them to feel that amazing experience that is elk hunting.

17-Mar-16
@Elkbeard, I'm hoping also for this to be my sons first elk hunt.. He has been on everyone with me but last years. But not as a hunter.. he just like going and hanging out and going on the hunts.. But this year he is on the tag we hope to get...His bow is already, he still needs practice,, but that's all in preparation.. Well tic toc tic toc tic toc.. again....

Also Elkbeard Before I posted this response to you. I wanted to read the scripture you posted Phillipians 4:11.. After the last tic toc I reached for my Bible App on my phone and opened it up.. And the verse of the day was "Phillipians 4:9" What conformation to what you posted.. So I read the whole chapter.. And yes we serve a mighty God who gives peace in all trials.. I have been listening to Jon Courson teach about Job.. Talk about a great GOD..If we could all just rest in Him.. Thanks Elkbeard for your words...May the Lord Bless you and your family, And with a few tags..according to His riches and Glory.. Your Brother in Christ Martin "Elktrax" Alvarado

18-Mar-16
Ok it's 11:30 and no one has had a credit card hit yet? I want my tag, hope it is Monday, or even this Friday. Got three chances, mine, wife, and grandson, wife and grandson put in for cow. Hope one of us get a tag.

Terry

18-Mar-16
Yeah, the deadline to update payment information didn't expire until Midnight (MST) last night, so there's really no way that the draw could or would happen today. The Department can't reload all of that new information to their system in less than twelve hours. It's just not possible. So, the actual draw will probably be sometime next week.

18-Mar-16
Amen brother Trax. Just amen.

20-Mar-16
Okay it's the 20th. I'm waiting!!

20-Mar-16
its going to be this week...tic toc tic toc....Lets get ready to Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw an Elk Tag...........tic toc tic tic toc....

20-Mar-16
Likely so. Can't wait to see who drew what. Didn't have an elk hunt last year and I'm really wanting to kill some elk this year.

21-Mar-16
Hi. I'm Tom....and I'm an Elkoholic

I was sent here from the general forum AZ cc hit thread

Did I win...did I win?

21-Mar-16
Hello Tom, just take a number and have a seat!

21-Mar-16
Sigh.....

I hope I get a low number!

21-Mar-16
Wonder if I am setting off warnings at Foremost Bank for logging into my Cabela's card account every few minutes...

21-Mar-16
Love this time of year.... I'm thinking Wednesday...

22-Mar-16
"While visions of bugling bulls danced in their heads"

22-Mar-16
I too got the call from Game and Fish because they had not yet collected my spring fees. I was told she started with 900 hunters to call and was down to 250. I tried to do my hunter survey online but the system was down and it said to call the main number when I did the lady asked why I called and I told her the website says to. I was told to just mail them in. Not a good sign for this draw if they messed up spring so bad and now the online survey doesn't work. The lady did say the elk and lope draws were already done but she could not give me any info.

22-Mar-16
yup there done just waiting for the button to be pushed to hit the cards... tic toc tic toc tic toc

22-Mar-16
Tomorrow is Christmas!!

23-Mar-16
Really?? Nothing?? I thought for sure we'd have them by now.

23-Mar-16

Today's not over yet ...

23-Mar-16
I've heard that it's going to be 2-3 more weeks before they start hitting CC's. Not sure why, but as usual, AZGFD has their sh!t together. At this point, I think it's just a cruel game they like to play. They just sit back and laugh at all the calls that come in, from desperate people wanting to know if they've been drawn or not. Lol. AZGFD receptionist, "Hey everyone come over here. I've got a real desperate one on the line. I told him it's going to be 3 more weeks, and he sounds like he's going to cry. Wait a second let me put it on speaker. Bwaaaaahahahaha". Lol.

23-Mar-16
If I worked there and received all those calls it would be hard to resist doing the same!

23-Mar-16
not gonna be 2 or 3 weeks... this week. tic toc tic toc.....love this time of year

23-Mar-16
Is it going to be next Thursday or Friday ????? Before they start cc s

24-Mar-16
No way will it be 2-3 weeks I don't think. Sometime soon....

24-Mar-16
Today!!!!

c'mon!!!

24-Mar-16
we're almost there... tic toc tic toc....

24-Mar-16
elktrax, do you know something you are not telling us?

Terry

24-Mar-16
Looks like Monday.......

24-Mar-16
Since it seems lots of people are here on this thread, and I too am very very patiently awaiting an answer on my Elk future for 2016, I will re-introduce myself (was on here a few times a few years back).

Southern Arizona, still fairly new to bow hunting (still after my first bow big game tag fill, been using a rifle most of my life), single dad, Awesome 14yo son, Awesome 12yo girl...very very very patiently waiting on our (son & I) first elk app.... (my girl is gonna have 1st cous season this year)

Alex Southern AZ, the family ranch is less than 20 mins from mexico surrounded by NF...of AZ's 10 Big Game species, 7 are on the ranch or within a 15 min drive! lovin it!

25-Mar-16
Coyote 65.. No Its the same every year since the card hits.. I start the Madness and just enjoy it.. Its great to see your card hit. And if it doesn't.. You shed a tear and congradulate everyone who drew a tag.. Its all part of the draw... If I don't draw an Elk tag. I start planning my Kiabab Deer Trip.. Its a win any way you look at it.. I'm gonna Hunt somewhere, And yes an Elk tag would be the tops but we cant win all the time..... I'm thinking tomorrow will begin the madness....God bless

25-Mar-16
The real "March Madness" eh?

Alex- Sounds like a great place. So. AZ is a gem, problematic as it is (border issues). It is gorgeous down there, but it's been about 25 years since I've seen much of it.

25-Mar-16
Good morning. It's good Friday !

25-Mar-16
Not so good yet! This is killing me as compared to years past I have a good chance of drawing.

25-Mar-16
Not so good yet! This is killing me as compared to years past I have a good chance of drawing.

25-Mar-16
well last year it was on the 21st which was a Saturday.. If that helps ease the withdrawl pains,,,, So with that said,,, It may just be tomorrow.. so one more day....tic toc tic toc....come on BULL tag... Come to Papa....Or a cow.. ill take any... Heck I still need to buy a truck.... But life is still great....

25-Mar-16
Actually, last year was on Friday the 20th. Today is Good Friday, just not looking good for those waiting on the draw....

25-Mar-16
March Madness...Yeah, Ive never wondered about a tag like this before. You guys stress like this every year? Nuts, but I get it. At least some of you all can check the credit cards, I dropped off a cashiers check. But good luck to all and wishing of tags for the fall!

Elkbeard......I am ok with as many people thinking there is problems down here...yeah tons of problems...nobody should ever hunt down here....everybody should just forget there are critters down here to eat...Um, the cartels got em all..sure...yeah...really they did... actually not too bad, but down here we are the reason G&F allows the carry of a sidearm when bowhunting.

25-Mar-16
PATIENCE GRASSHOPER........PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE......WAITING IS FULLFILLING !!!

25-Mar-16
Enough already. What better way to celebrate Good Friday!

25-Mar-16
Let me rephrase.. My card was hit on the 21st last year Saturday.. My Bad or was it good???? !!!!!....

On a great Note After My accident on my last Elk hunt and my surgery. My Therapist gave me the ok to start pulling my bow again .. Pulled the Hoyt out and let her rip this morning... Little rusty but not bad,, Ran into another problem. My new Progressive lenses are going to be a challenge... Old Age I tell ya!!!!!!....

25-Mar-16
It's going to be next Friday day before the outdoor expo,that's what I'm guessing

25-Mar-16
You can still update your cc s check it out so it could be 2 more weeks or so

25-Mar-16
...but I am already out of fingernails...

25-Mar-16
Game and fish is just stalling to make more money on the interest. It's a business instead of a game management.

25-Mar-16
"Game and fish is just stalling to make more money on the interest. It's a business instead of a game management. "

Funny, I used to say this when everyone had to write checks and the G&F actually held the money for a couple months. With credit card apps it would actually be the opposite the faster they could charge cards the sooner they would get their money

25-Mar-16
I always thought they waited till after the Fish and Game Expo which is on the 2nd and 3rd of April.

25-Mar-16
That's when draw results are posted wop

25-Mar-16
They get $13.00 right off the bat as soon as you apply. Even from the start of the time apps are being accepted until the last day. And what's the percentage of applicant submitting a personal or cashiers check, think about it.

25-Mar-16
Some way they are saving $$$$ by doing it all at 1 time

25-Mar-16
It's not so much that they are having problems it's the fact that they don't say anything about it. I could accept an email or a post on the AZGFD site saying they are having problems and it's going to be a week or two but the lack of any communication at all is what sucks. I feel sorry for the lady that has to answer the phones.

25-Mar-16
It'll be over, soon enough.

There was never a claim by the Department that as soon as the deadline to update credit/debit information passed, that a draw would immediately occur.

It'll all be over soon enough and the winners will be pleased and the losers will make plans for elsewhere or not at all.

No big deal. It'll pass.

26-Mar-16
Lets go back to paper applications, paying a $5 fee to get results, speed dialing 602-942-3000 for hours. not finding out results until late July and pink slips in the mail.

We have it good compared to years gone by.

26-Mar-16
I agree Creed... We do have it good... One day G&F will find a good web builder and spend the extra $$$$ and get it done right... But where there is $$$ there is POLITICS... Also we know Its us who fund the G&F.. So with that said let the CCs get hit...

And this is fun watching and reading all the threads... tic toc tic toc tic toc....

26-Mar-16
I agree with the paper apps ! Thank you

26-Mar-16
I kind of liked the $5 telephone number. I would've paid much more! Lol. The thing that I don't like about our draw is that there really is no set date. There is the "mailed out by" date but it's always much before that. Other states have a date. The results come out at midnight on that date exactly as communicated. Everyone goes on-line immediately after and all seems to work just fine. It takes the guesswork and prep ruins out of it. Not sure why we can't do the same.

But enough whining. Bring on the charges!

26-Mar-16
Right on Trax, seems the more convenient life gets with tech, the more entitled we become. Not good. Guilty myself sometimes.

Born too late.

26-Mar-16
I think we are all a bit guilty of wanting it now. And I agree about how smoothly other states run their draw compared to ours. Myself and another bowsiter applied for NM elk. If you never applied there before it is a bit different at first but after becoming familiar with navigating it their system is so much superior to ours.

I need an elk tag! An antelope tag would be a great consolation prize too!

26-Mar-16
I say with all the "problems with AZ G&F" we all boycott them next year. No one apply for elk!

26-Mar-16
Watch what you wish for guys (bugler). Complaining is how things start a change. I like the fact that AZ gives you the results as soon as they can. I guess from what some have said they'd rather wait until a date when they are for sure the draw will be done, date could be May or June? Who knows.

26-Mar-16
Haha

26-Mar-16
"...... date could be May or June?"

Wouldn't that be something? Having the elk and antelope draw at the same time we submit applications for deer and sheep?

That would be almost like back in the "good ol' days", when we had to submit all of our permit applications for elk, antelope, deer and sheep, at the same time.

I'm sure there'd be some screaming if that were to happen.

26-Mar-16
maybe they should just build a site that runs your name as soon as u apply... It will roll the dice for you as long as there tags available for the unit u put in you get one... that will make everyone get up off there butts and apply.. Instead of jamming up the system on the final nite.. lol.... but then we would have a jam up on the first couple nites of the draw.. Ok nevermind settled we leave it the way it is and wait till next week and hope and pray its then...tic toc tic toc tic toc...

26-Mar-16
I'm on board with BobH...

:^)

26-Mar-16
OK game and fish are doing a great job but I really think going back to paper apps is safer than entering our cc info and online. Think about it? And maybe that's why it's taking longer this time

26-Mar-16
Yea boycott them I hope everyone does but me and Bob h. I'll have my unit 9 tag next year that way.

26-Mar-16
AZ BUGLER yea haha. I was 1 of the first guys to complain about guys not having a chance until max points thinking it would lead them to just adding 2 tags to every hunt available to everyone . All I think I did was open a can of worms that I didn't want they split the 10% in half which makes it worse for all nr in the long run.

26-Mar-16
Over the years watching all the Internet forums I've come to the belief that Azgfd has someone assigned to monitoring the hunting forums because as people start complaining changes happen. This is a good thing that they listen to the sportsmen but sometimes it's not the majority just the squeaky wheel that makes them change. Think about what you wish for and how it comes out before you post. Trust me it can effect many people without you thinking about what you say. Azgfd is about the best wildlife agency I apply to or hunt with and that's many. Good luck in the draw.

27-Mar-16
132,587 total applicants 114,126 86% online applicants at $13.00 each= $1,723,631

18,461 paper applicants x $148 total 2,732,228 +$1,723,631=4,455,859 × the special interest rate given by the bank.

THESE WERE LAST YEAR'S TOTALS GAME AND FISH EVEN SAID IT WAS A RECORD YEAR FOR NUMBER OF APPLICANTS. $$$$$$ IN THEIR EYES. So you tell me it's not a business.

28-Mar-16
Going to add my $.02, again...

I think they make this whole process harder than it needs to be. The first thing I'd change is, get rid of the CC nonsense. Bill for the entire amount right from the start. If the application is only for a point, then charge for that amount. If the app is putting in for the draw, then bill for the tag and issue a credit to the CC or send a refund if unsuccessful.

My other comment has to do with the draw itself. I don't know exactly what the Ariz process is or how it's accomplished, but it seems this would be a no brainer for a programming whiz. The lottery process to determine the draw is a given and I'm sure computer generated. There is a set number of tags/hunts on one end, and applicants on the other, and known formulas to make it all happen. I'm not a programmer, I don't even stay at Holiday Inn Expresses. But given theses variables, even with resident vs NR, cow tags vs bull tags, rifle, ML archery, etc, etc... You'd think the right people could develop a piece of software to make it all happen. And happen fairly quickly, and produce an end product that can be trusted.

Now, I'm sure they're not doing all this by hand and programming knowledge plays a big part in the process. I'm just curious, in todays world where programs are written to do things most of us can't even imagine possible. This one seems would be a no brainer in the programming world. Maybe I'm making it sound simpler than it really is...

I'll go back to watching my CC. Good luck to all doing the same!

28-Mar-16
You can find the Hunt Draw Process for 2016 here: https://www.azgfd.com/hunting/draw/process

28-Mar-16
BigRed, I believe AZ law prevents them from charging credit cards for the tag upfront. I dont know why, or why they can bill the tag amount upfront with a check, but its an AZ thing, not AZGF,

28-Mar-16
I was told by Game and Fish a couple weeks ago that the draw was done they just need to charge. This was when I was calling to tell them the online hunter survey didn't work. Course if they can't get the survey to work what does that say about the draw?

28-Mar-16
"The first thing I'd change is, get rid of the CC nonsense. Bill for the entire amount right from the start."

Notags is correct. The banking laws of Arizona prohibit the charging of a credit card for anything other than the part of the fee that is guaranteed, the application fee. Trust me, if they could bill you for the whole amount, collect interest on it for a couple of months, and then refund it all back to those that didn't get drawn, they would do it!

28-Mar-16
Everyone's tech is jacked these days. Really.

I work for a global financial provider- our tech sucks, something is always broken.

My brother works for a huge national insurer and financial services provider- their tech sucks, something is always broken.

The huge global tech company we contract to service our technology has issues all the time...it's epidemic. There is too much tech out there. That's my judgement. It ALL sucks, even in the biggest most successful companies on the planet.

Any old day you can check for downed sites and see that companies you rely on every day are down, daily in one way or another. So...AZGF is not immune. Not in the slightest.

28-Mar-16
Can't wait for camping season at least go see some elk lol

29-Mar-16
Great point Elkbeard. I worked for many years in one of the largest companies in the world and we constantly had computer system issues.

29-Mar-16
Right on Homey77- every year my boys and I take a week in late July up around Big Lake and just enjoy the weather and the cool summer temps. Always hike Thompson Trail. That few miles of the Black River is just amazing for the soul!

Those daily thunderstorms are awesome! Always see deer/elk too.

29-Mar-16
I bet cabelas and sportsmans warehouse are antsy to sell rifles and bows

30-Mar-16
Elkbeard, I take my kids to the same area around the same time, until last year. They get time off school in October now, so that's when we went last year. We slept in a tent and fell asleep listening to the bulls bugle. Never knew they bugled at night until then. It was neat watching the big bulls push the cows around camp. Sad part was is I only got crappy blurry pictures. Time to drop some $$ for a decent camera.

30-Mar-16
I called yesterday and was told they will hit cards this week or next. BTW, how bout starting a new thread when they actually do start hitting cards.

30-Mar-16
Got an Email from G&F that said if you have an account with them you will find out sooner than when they post.. So Cards will be first then we can check our accounts and see the unit we get a hit in. I HOPE.....So head to the AZGFD website and sign up.. Maybe tomorrow tic toc tic toc tic toc

01-Apr-16
Lets hope their account program is in better shape than their drawing process. Lets hope we get drawn for an elk hunt.

01-Apr-16
They are still letting you update CC information, so they must not be ready to charge yet.

01-Apr-16
I think all draw results will come out all at the same time then they will charge cc s.

01-Apr-16
The draw results are scheduled to be posted on April 22nd.

01-Apr-16
Its on!

01-Apr-16
It's doubly on! We're going elk hunting. Check your cards boys and girls.

01-Apr-16
I started a new thread for CCs hit... And I got HIT!!!!

• Sitka Gear