Moultrie Mobile
Trail Cams
Arizona
Contributors to this thread:
FlintChick 24-Feb-16
Junior 24-Feb-16
6 points 01-Mar-16
24-Feb-16
So, looking for Trail cams for a gift. Suggestions? I can't spend too much but want one that is able to remotely upload to phone or email. Just started researching so I'll be looking.

24-Feb-16
We've had so many stolen, I'd hate to recommend the greatest. We have really good luck with the Browning strike force 10 MP. It's like $130. The one I will never buy again is the moultrie..they may have fixed the issue now..but the ones we had weren't water proof.

I'm out of date on the cellular camera, but Google & Amazon Reviews may be a good place to start your research.

01-Mar-16
Flintchick, I posted this on the national forum last month and got these responses. Remember, back east, they are setting up on private land where, cams don't walk off as easy.

I have acquired 120 acres in Mi and since, I do not live there was wondering about the trail cams that send photos via to your phone or email. Does anyone have experience with these? Is a solar charger adaptable? Quality? Spypoint seems to have the market, are there others?

I would like it to see what animals are present and, also to try to monitor if there is any human activity.

From: Oakie Date: 12-Feb-16 Thread Owner Tools Private Reply SEND THIS PERSON TO THE EDITORS FOR ATTENTION...

Bushnell Wireless. I have a couple of them. They are pay as you go. Rather than buying a cellular plan for a year to connect to the camera, you just log on to Bushnell and buy a couple thousand images a month for $10. Or more images if you need them, for more $. I hunt out of state, so I've taken these and hooked them onto a spot and left them for upwards of 4 months. Battery life lasted the whole time. As long as the area can get cellular service from AT&T, the phone will send images. You can set it to either email you, text you, or my preferred choice is to download the phone app and just have them pop up on the phone app. Having your phone beeping like crazy all night every time a photo came in via text was fun for a couple days until I lost too much sleep. The app also shows you battery life of the camera and free space on your SD card, so you can monitor when you might need to go back to change the batteries. Pretty handy and a LOT of fun.

From: XbowfromNY Date: 12-Feb-16 Thread Owner Tools Private Reply SEND THIS PERSON TO THE EDITORS FOR ATTENTION...

I have Bolyguard and they work great. $5/month for 200 texts, right to my iphone.

• Sitka Gear