ScottTigert 11-Mar-16
trublucolo 13-Mar-16
wyohunter1 13-Mar-16
ScottTigert 13-Mar-16
ScottTigert 13-Mar-16
wyohunter1 14-Mar-16
Bugle 08-Dec-16
06-Mar-16
I just drew an archery elk tag for Unit 51. Does anyone have any advice/areas that would be good to hunt? I'm planning a solo backpack hunt. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

07-Mar-16
There was elk bugling in one of the campgrounds up there this past fall when we were camping.

08-Mar-16
I'm taking my wife and our little dogs with me. I'm going to leave them in our travel trailer at a trail head "somewhere" and take off on foot with my backpack tent and bow. I just got my TOPO map and started looking at it. What area would be good for that?

08-Mar-16
I'm taking my wife and our little dogs with me. I'm going to leave them in our travel trailer at a trail head "somewhere" and take off on foot with my backpack tent and bow. I just got my TOPO map and started looking at it. What area would be good for that?

09-Mar-16
Pm me, I can maybe help you out a little over the summer. I spend time backpacking up there.

11-Mar-16
Can you ride a four wheeler in this unit? If you stay on the trails.

13-Mar-16
Scott, have you downloaded Wyomings regs? I would start there to get answers on a lot of your questions including atv use and road usage. That information can be found pretty easily, I save all my questions to bowsiters for information such as gps coordinates to their best spots and why they prefer Rage broadheads over 3 blades :-)

13-Mar-16
Here is the link for the orv map

http://wyotrails.state.wy.us/pdf/ORVMap2015-ShoshoneNorth-north.pdf

13-Mar-16
Thanks for the help. As far as rage broadheads go. I use the three blades over the two blade.I figure it gives me an extra blade incase one breaks off. Killed two New Mexico bulls with them. But, I'm a T-3 guy now. Blades are thicker. Easier to sharpen or replace. We have tons of pigs on our lease. Hey, wyohunter. Did you get my pm? Not sure I did it right? And thanks for the website info.

13-Mar-16
BTW. trublucolo. I do get what you were meaning. Just thought I would add my Rage thoughts anyway.

14-Mar-16
Scott, I got your pm and messaged you back I thought.

08-Dec-16
This unit was a tough unit this year. According to the locals and other hunters that we talked to, "all of the elk were ran off by either griz or wolves".

I can't confirm their statements but I sure the heck can say that we saw a lot of wolves and griz while out in this unit. Elk were TOUGH to find though.

• Sitka Gear