Ron Miller 10-Mar-16
gobbler 10-Mar-16
Rutbuster 10-Mar-16
Coop 10-Mar-16
M.P. 10-Mar-16
Coop 10-Mar-16
Babysaph 11-Mar-16
08-Mar-16
Just going to throw this out there for some opinions. Since Wilson is so concerned about losing revenue by lowering the buck limit, do you think this might work? Have a ONE buck limit when you purchase your sportsman license, offer an additional BONUS BUCK tag at an increased price over the current extra buck tag. The BONUS BUCK tag could be used in the season of the hunters choice. For a total yearly limit of TWO bucks. Here's how it would work, if I shot a buck in archery season and want to continue to bow hunt for another buck, I purchase my BONUS BUCK tag and continue to bow hunt, if I kill my second buck my buck hunting is done for the year and I'm happy because I've had a successful year. If I don't kill my second archery buck, I roll over my BONUS BUCK tag to rifle or ML season. I don't know the numbers of how many bucks are killed during archery season, but I'd say 99% of those successful killing a buck with a bow or cross bow will buy a BONUS BUCK tag to bow hunt some more or rifle hunt. I would also think you would see no significant decrease in the amount of extra buck tags currently sold during rifle season because I believe the rifle hunter currently buying etra tags during season would contuine and buy the BONUS BUCK tag.

08-Mar-16
How about this.

Sell deer tags......... good for any season.

One is good for any deer, (or a buck, however would be best) any other tags would only be good for does. You can buy up to the legal limit of doe tags.

Now, have someone that can read and count to estimate how many tags will be bought and adjust the cost of the tags to make it work.

You can basically hunt all year. I feel it is the cheapest form of entertainment there is available.

If the excuse of not managing our resource is money I have to wonder!

JMHO

08-Mar-16

09-Mar-16
I know you took an oath of silence but I think you are just messing with us now. I'm not sure what you are trying to say in you post. LOL

09-Mar-16
The tag would have to be bought before the season starts though I bet. I would like to see a change also but I am not holding my breath.

09-Mar-16
There has got to be an answer, and hopefully multiple ones, that enable the state to lower the limit and not lose money. Heck, surely there are some that would enable the state to lower the limit and make more money.

Sunday did some research on states that lowered their buck limit and this is what he found:

Gross license revenue 2nd year of regulation change Arkansas +6% Indiana +82% Alabama -2.2% Kentucky +13.3%

Gross license revenue 5 years after regulation change Arkansas +17.6% Indiana +36% Alabama +17.8% Kentucky +12.1

09-Mar-16
Wow good info.

09-Mar-16
Someone share that info with Kenny. He has heard it, just chooses not to listen.

I wonder where the concern was all the other year's revenue went down under his watch?

10-Mar-16
Rutbuster, Has it been a week ??

10-Mar-16
Ok, to clear the air . I was reading this thread and must have hit the submit window instead of the back button. There was no words of wisdom, no sarcastic reply. There was no second thought editing . I've just been following the show and must have hit the wrong button. I was suprised to see my name on the screen.

10-Mar-16
Ok, Gobbler fair enough. Proceed as normal. I was just messing with you.

10-Mar-16
gobbler has been SILENCED! He will eventually see how futile his view points will be in the overall scheme of things. He will get disgusted then he will either throw in the towel or keep fighting against a up hill battle like he's never seen before. But if he hangs in long enough and drinks the kool aid he will be quoted in some newspaper soon enough bragging about how the WV hunters are killing the lowest number of 1.5 year old bucks east of the Mississippi. And then he will be promoting a buck a day limit with tags that have to be bought before the season to pay for the lost revenue for the years of mismanagement this state has done. Even though he can show stats of surrounding states who's license revenue has increased in the last several years with a solid deer management in place it will fall on deaf ears.

10-Mar-16
No ,I figure gobbler will rely on facts and not become a yes man to anyone.

I read a lot of sarcasm in your post coop. I don't think you really believe that nor want to believe it.

10-Mar-16
Yeap MP there is a lot of sarcasm in my post. I only stop by here every once in a great while and I confess I've not read all the posts of gobbler before they got deleted but I think his heart and mind is in the right place for alot WV hunters but I also think he's up against a battle that can not be easily won if ever. This state is so mussed up in so many ways it's ALMOST funny. They keep doing the same ol things over and over and over and over and over and expecting better results but surprised when it doesn't happen. SAD

11-Mar-16
Agree coop

• Sitka Gear