78cj5 11-Nov-16
Barrera 12-Nov-16
78cj5 14-Nov-16
Coues HNTR 08-Apr-17
wilhille 09-Apr-17
Coues HNTR 09-Apr-17
Barrera 10-Apr-17
09-Mar-16
I've got the coues itch and really looking forward to drawing a archery tag this year. Never hunted coues before so looking for advice, strategies. I know it's a low harvest hunt, but willing to do what it takes to have a opportunity. Would like to hear all advice. Thanks Guys.

09-Mar-16
I've got the coues itch and really looking forward to drawing a archery tag this year. Never hunted coues before so looking for advice, strategies. I know it's a low harvest hunt, but willing to do what it takes to have a opportunity. Would like to hear all advice. Thanks Guys.

11-Mar-16
I have the whitetail itch period. Been thinking about it myself, may look at an AZ otc in Jan if I don't draw NM.

20-Mar-16
Right now would be a great time to get our and look in the are you are thinking of hunting and look for rub and scrape lines. Tree stand is the best option in my opinion but they are also a lot of fun to chase on the ground spot and stalk. Early season water is the key. they are pattern able as far as trails go,

What Unit were you thinking of?

20-Mar-16
Thanks coues hntr. Ya been reading up on hunting them in jan. Applied for the burros coues in Jan. Odds are way higher than expected, prob due to it being a tough hunt to harvest. I really want a shoulder coues mount. They're awesome animals and I will enjoy the challenge. Wish the draws were out I'm going crazy.

31-Mar-16
I have hunted the Burros for several years now and it is a tough hunt but if the time is put in it can truly be a great hunt.

04-Apr-16
New Mexico draw wont be out until April 27th.

04-Nov-16
Come on January deer hunts. Headed to Burros for coues and I'm super pumped. Been intrigued to hunt these awesome deer, and this Jan is my 1st opportunity. Can't wait :)

04-Nov-16
Sounds like a good time - I haven't built up the courage yet.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

11-Nov-16
Doesn't matter to me. Had 3 Coues bucks 30 yards from me for about 20 minutes, bow in hand and with a ML mule deer tag. So I put in for Coues the next year with my bow and had 5 different mule deer bucks 10-40 yards from me over the Sept. hunt. So whichever tag I have I will see the other deer.

12-Nov-16
Lol ya 78cj5 it does happen that way to often and were never able to forget it. Funny how many deer I see while elk hunting only to talk to deer hunters who haven't seen a single buck during Sept. Well hope I find some coues that will let me get 30yds this January. Been thinking of a deer bow mount decoy but just don't care to deal with the decoy all day, but then I will prob be regretting it too.

14-Nov-16
Seems like every time I see deer I am elk hunting. I am usually sitting on the ground brushed in and they walk up feeding. Paying attention to the wind is key. This last year I had an elk tag in a different unit than my deer tag so was in a old ground blind hunting deer. Watched a herd of elk feeding towards me so I laid the bow down and laid down watching between the logs. A cow elk walked about 10 feet from me looking out in the meadow. I was holding my breath as much as possible waiting for the bark and herd to take off running. She just looked over, got nervous and walked/trotted back to the herd. They fed out of there and I travelled back to camp by flashlight. Now if I can ever get an elk tag and deer tag in the same unit I might just get something with my bow.

08-Apr-17

Coues HNTR's embedded Photo
Coues HNTR's embedded Photo
How did the hunt go for you? Here is a picture of one from the Burros a few years ago that a friend of mine shot. I was getting him hung up to skin when I took the picture.

09-Apr-17
Virden, eh?

09-Apr-17
yes Sir Wilhille, life long resident

10-Apr-17

Barrera's embedded Photo
Barrera's embedded Photo
It was great for my first time. Almost had a window open at 20yds on my first coues. They are tough to hunt. Think I will change up my hunt tactics on those coues for 2017 if I draw. But here are my trophies that I found 10' apart. Lots of scrapes too.

• Sitka Gear