Idaho
Contributors to this thread:
romannumal 11-Mar-16
romannumal 11-Mar-16
DGRODEN 02-Jun-16
Rich 04-Jun-16
Dgroden 13-Jun-16
11-Mar-16
Hello all new to the site and to bow hunting. I am planning on going hunting in oct with a friend in unit 1 and would like some ideas what to expect and what to look for. I have hunted mule deer in AZ but never in Idaho. So any help would be great. thank you

11-Mar-16
Hello all new to the site and to bow hunting. I am planning on going hunting in oct with a friend in unit 1 and would like some ideas what to expect and what to look for. I have hunted mule deer in AZ but never in Idaho. So any help would be great. thank you

02-Jun-16
Hey. I recommend a "Regular Deer Tag" and that you plan on early November. Mule and white tail will be open, I believe, and the rut will be on. Expect cold-snow at the higher elevations.

04-Jun-16
Bear spray it is the unit with occasional Grizzly bears. Options are Priest Lake, Selkirks from Bonners or Standpoint, and Cabinets. Plenty of game, if you are in the Priest area make sure you are in ID and not WA.

13-Jun-16
Rich is right on. I've had one close grizzly encounter on Juru and multiple angry moose encounters. Lots of black bears while the huckleberries are ripe.

• Sitka Gear