onX Maps
Regional Meeting flop
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
sundaynwv 16-Mar-16
M.P. 16-Mar-16
Babysaph 16-Mar-16
16-Mar-16
Unfortunately, the regional meeting was a flop. Fayetteville attendance was very light. I would assume twenty people.

Personally, I believe people feel their voices are not being heard. If you attend for five years and see no difference, why attend the sixth meeting? The DNR needs to do something to mend ties with the sportsman.

Fortunately, we have Bob Fala at the helm and that will be an immense help. Bob Fala is what the dnr needs.

Now, if we could get some commissioners and some employees to NOT see the meeting as nothing more than a requirement of state code, and we will get somewhere.

FYI, I had a great conversation with Colin Carpenter and another young man. They work hard and have the resource and the sportsman in mind. Great assets to both the dnr and the sportsman. Thanks guys!

16-Mar-16
I would be surprised if there were 20 there. It seemed there were more dnr employees than hunters. I was told that next year the meeting will be moved to lewisburg. Every time I talk to Colin, he seems to be interested in what you have to say and is eager share information that can be helpful.

I do so wish that the legislators and commissioners would take a good long look at improving our deer quality and try a new approach rather than the same ole things other states avoid. I know that some commissioners are taking that long look and that is a start.

16-Mar-16
Agreed Sunday. I quit going years ago. Always more of the same. I think they would get more attendance if they just said they were going to tell the hunters how it is going to be instead of making it look like the hunters have an input.

• Sitka Gear