Dr. Deer 25-Mar-16
Silent Preyer 25-Mar-16
spike78 26-Mar-16
rut 26-Mar-16
Dr. Deer 26-Mar-16
tompolaris 03-May-16
Dr. Deer 06-May-16
19-Mar-16
Picked up a new Halon in a color called "stone". Never ever shot anything (and I have a NoCam) that is so quiet and dead in the hand. Pat's review of the bow is spot on, and I bought it without even shooting it, because I viewed the review before shopping and was "sold" right then. Had the shop put the peep and loop in for me, as they are better than I am at that. QAD rest is on, waiting for a Fast Eddie sight by Spot Hogg to come in the post.

19-Mar-16
Enjoy it Dr Deer - it looks like a great bow. Should be a blast for you! Will

20-Mar-16
Did you get the 5, 6, or 7?

You should do a review and post it. A Halon is on my list of bows I'm considering this year.

Good luck with it.

20-Mar-16

rut's embedded Photo
rut's embedded Photo
I picked one up to. Stone. all black accessories. best bow I've ever owned. My first Mathews. 27.5" 70 lbs. Newbury Archery.

20-Mar-16
Mine is the 6

25-Mar-16

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Mine is the six, for a blend of shoot ability and speed. I won't put as much stuff on it as Rut, because the bow is pretty beefy stripped. I really don't see any need for a stabilizer, as it is super dead in the hand on release. And a bow quiver, for me, is optional as most of my western hunting is done with a Sitka framed day pack with a Cat Quiver strap on quiver on the right side.

25-Mar-16
I shot a 6 today, was really impressed. I agree with the DR. So dead in the hand. It is really a step up from my Z7 Extreme. Got a couple more bows to try...

26-Mar-16
I'm tempted to drive to the shop in Wallingford and try out an Xpedition bow, I've heard great things about them. Seems the shop there is the only dealer around that carries them.

26-Mar-16
I don't have much on there at al. The only extra thing would be the stabilizer, if that's considered extra. The quiver comes off when I get to the tree. I never shoot with it attached.

26-Mar-16

Added a spot hogg Fast Eddie sight and man, oh man, shooting one pin to 30+ yards. The pin is a double pin (one over the other) and the second pin is good to 50 so I can shoot 0-50 without even moving the movable pin sight housing. This is with 500 grain Maxima Red 350 arrows with Fusion vanes. Will admit, the NoCam draws a bit more smoothly and to draw the Halon as smooth it takes a little muscle discipline. Even in practice, I make every draw as smooth as possible so it's automatic when elk are all around.

03-May-16

tompolaris's embedded Photo
tompolaris's embedded Photo
Left Hand Yahoo. Pat your review and Luke's input told me all I need to check this out. This bow is incredible, fun and accurate.thanks much. Tom S.

06-May-16

Hey Tom. Got mine in Stone.

• Sitka Gear