razorhead 04-Apr-16
razorhead 04-Apr-16
razorhead 04-Apr-16
razorhead 04-Apr-16
Bow Crazy 04-Apr-16
razorhead 04-Apr-16
WausauDug 05-Apr-16
27-Mar-16
who is going, and which day..... might be fun, to meet up........

27-Mar-16
Thinking saturday morning...

27-Mar-16
Bear Hunters convention next weekend

27-Mar-16
My son and I used to go on Saturday, but it's just too crowded. I went last year when it opened on Friday and it was great. Unfortunately, this year I have to work. Hate to miss it.

27-Mar-16
Razor-

Are you talking about the deer and turkey expo?

I'll be there Sat with my son.

28-Mar-16
Im with Kevin. What is the Deer Classic? I will be at the Deer and Turley Expo. Stop by the Youth archery alley and say hi on Saturday. That's where I will be.

28-Mar-16
It was originally called the deer classic when it began decades ago I believe. When it was indeed classic, now still better than the sport show but much more commercialized. I don't go there for steak knives or back massagers Im there to look at hunting equipment and ideas.

28-Mar-16
It was originally called the deer classic when it began decades ago I believe. In my opinion when it was indeed classic, now still better than the sport show but much more commercialized. I don't go there for steak knives or back massagers Im there to look at hunting equipment and ideas.

28-Mar-16
Plan to be there Saturday.

28-Mar-16
I will be there with my brother and nephew on Sunday. A lot less crowded on Sunday and depending on what you are looking for, it seems like better deals are had on Sunday.

30-Mar-16
I am also going Sunday, since I do not have to work this year, at the show,,,,,,,, nice seminar by a Michigan hunter, I want to go to at 11am

31-Mar-16
I plan to hit it Saturday. Usually leave with less money then I started with. I think it is called having kids with you. Tom

31-Mar-16
I will be there Sat and Sun, either at the youth range or at the Wisconsin Traditional Archers booth

31-Mar-16
Either Friday or Sunday for me

01-Apr-16
I'll be there all three days at the QDMA booth. Stop by for a free QDMA sticker - might as well join up too! We are selling QDMA signs for $5 each or 5 for $20. BC

02-Apr-16
Turned back home this morning. Roads were crap in this storm. Had a violent multiple vehicle spin-out crash in front of me. That's when I decided to pull the pin and turn around.

Be safe out there today.

02-Apr-16
I went Friday. This is a very nice show. I will hit it again over the weekend too much to see in only two hours. I have been to these shows all over the country and this is the best one I have been to yet.

My 2 cents Tom

03-Apr-16
Heading there from Milwaukee at 11. Hopefully still worth it being the last afternoon.

04-Apr-16
Didn't go this year. Was there anything new, and/or, usual this year worth talking about? Anyone attend the seminars?

04-Apr-16
Had a good time. Spent half the day Saturday in the youth archery range on Saturday with some of the nicest little kids and some moms that had never touched a bow before. Then renewed my WTA membership at their booth. Spent some time at the WBH booth. Then walked the show and talked to several vendors.

Struck up some business, made some deals, signed on as an Affiliate sponsor for an upcoming TV show on the pursuit channel for 2017. Bought some stuff, listened to some schpeels for things I don't think will pan out and some new promising innovations. Bought lots of the "nice" plastic sheet targets since they last so long outside. Replenished my supply of Babunya's Gourmet Spices.

Heard the guy at the firenock booth pushing the "Trauma-Hawk single bevel broadhead tell a potential buyer that he never needed to sharpen the "Trauma-Hawk single bevel head and that it works better dull and that its a crossbow broadhead and that his crossbow has so much power that the dull "Trauma-Hawk" will cut a hole the size of a softball (not baseball).

Sadly it become a farming and bait plot show and farm implement show and a truck show and a smokeless tobacco show.

04-Apr-16

Rancid Crabtree's Link
This guy was selling his product as fast as he could hand them over and take money.

04-Apr-16
"Sadly it become a farming and bait plot show and farm implement show and a truck show and a smokeless tobacco show." I said pretty much that same thing to my wife when she asked me when I got home how the show was. There were even some empty spaces that were not rented out. Got to talk to Pat and Nichole Reeves from Driven TV at their booth, really nice people. Quite the RV they had parked out front of the building. I bought a burr removing mitt, sick and tired of picking those darn things off my clothes. Talked to RC's buddy Dorge at the Fire Nock booth and got a broken nock circuit replaced. Sat in on a food plot seminar...THE most useless seminar I ever sat in. Some 81 year old guy going on and on about corn being very important in a plot....got up and left along with 1/2 the other people about 45 minutes into the seminar. Over all a pretty unimpressive show.

04-Apr-16
agree with Konk and RC on their comments, but I went so I could listen to John Eberhart, he had a seminar. John hunts out of an ambush saddle, and is in great shape at 55.

He has never hunted a lease, or managed property, etc, only public or what he got from knocking on doors, and lives in central MI,,,,,,

He has killed 18 Pope and Young bucks, and had for a while the MI state record, so that is why I went....

He hunts IL Kansas Iowa MI for the most part,,,,

04-Apr-16
a good speaker, but his seminar fell short, a little too basic, for me, but he only had so much time, and could have gone on for 2 hrs........ He is sponsored by no one, never made a dime in the industry, and gave a good talk.

he wanted new hunters to realize, that TV hunting, was not what a public land hunter will face, and his seminar was on hunting pressured deer.......

He can get away with a lot more, in other states, but said the pressure on deer in MI and WI, is like no where else, when it comes to big deer, talking about 3 1/2 year olds and better....

He thought if it was not for the rut, they never would be killed,,,,,,,,

I bought two of his videos, talked to him at his booth, and he gave his thoughts on scent control.....

04-Apr-16
a nice guy, he writes a blog for scent lock, does so for free, because he uses it, but said the industry will be coming out, with lots of carbon lined clothing, as soon as the patent is up........

He said, they do a poor job, in how to actually handle scent lock clothing, most people ruin them, and he talked about how to properly use one, how to buy one, and how when sold at the stores, many of them are already losing their effectiveness

04-Apr-16
I have a summit climber, but do not use it much. I hunt on the ground a lot... since my original LW was stolen last year, looked at the XOP, and was sold....

However wanted a smaller one. they told me, to go to Deer Fest, this summer, they will have the small one there, it is just being built. same seat distance, but smaller platform, and lighter, for the mobile hunter....

I still find climbers too heavy,,,,,,

04-Apr-16
Deer and Turkey expo is not what it once was, but it was a good time, and saw some old friends, and on Sunday it was not even crowded.........

04-Apr-16
We had a great show. A lot of interest in QDMA. It was my first time working the booth. The two guys that have worked it for many years, 15 - 20 years, said more people stopped by than ever or so it seemed. GVS stopped by to say Hi, we had a nice talk.

Yes, a lot of food plot items. I talked with Nutritionist from Grandpa Ray Outdoors. I sent several people to talk with him. One guy came back and thanked me for sending him to John.

Konk, the seminar speaker was Ed Spinazzola. A lot of people walked out of his seminar. I felt bad for him, he may not be the best speaker but knows more about planting food plots than anyone at the show. I bought his first book, a pamphlet that I still have, in the late 90's I think. It was put out by a QDMA Branch in Michigan. I followed it and it helped turned my food plot from junk into gold. In 2006 he came out with the book, "Ultimate Deer Food Plots". It still is by the the best book on how to plant food plots.

That is all I got! BC

04-Apr-16
I think Pope and Young Club missed a prime opportunity not being there,,,,,,, they have the convention coming and they want to promote their rendezvous at Poynette,,,,, some one was not thinking

05-Apr-16
my son, daughter and I had a tough drive from Wausau. Almost turned around but kept at it and glad we did. WE met some our hunting group that came from Milwaukee and made a day of it. I really enjoy seeing all the stuff good and bad. My daughter got her first pocket knife nad my son and I got the MapX app for the phone, some of your guys got it renewed from last years show. Doing a lot of public land hunting seems to be handy. The vendors must have been really happy cuz it was packed early Saturday. Only bad thing I can say its a Budwiper show.... Where the Miller?? After the show we continued on to Milwaukee and the whole gang got together for our annual hunting video review. My buddy collects all the pics from our hunts and projects and puts them to music - super cool. We've been doing this for 8 yrs now.

• Sitka Gear