Contributors to this thread:
CamoTan 30-Mar-16
MichaelArnette 02-Apr-16
Okiebowdoc 03-Apr-16
CamoTan 03-Apr-16
MichaelArnette 06-Apr-16
CamoTan 06-Apr-16
30-Mar-16
Looking to get some input on hunting yearly bow in western Oklahoma. For the past 3 years we have been hunting family land in Custer and Dewey counties. In years past we have planed are trip around when we think the rut is going to hit but have been to early or to late every year. My question is: Is early bow in October worth the gamble or should we stick with trying to catch the rut? By the way we live in Georgia and Florida so we only get one shot a year at this trip.

02-Apr-16
Definitely hit the rut! I half as hard as possible between November 4 and Opening day of gun season. I will say that the opening week of bow season can be pretty good but nothing like the rut.

03-Apr-16
Camo I live and hunt in Custer county have bow hunted here for years early season is very rough unless you have a great food source. Oct.30th is about as early as I start hunting best I would say is Nov.7th until rifle starts and if you can bow hunt during rifle is good if you don't have a lot of rifle hunters setting on your fence lines.

03-Apr-16
Hey okie thanks for the advice. To change topic a little hear, what is a good way to set up for the deer in Oklahoma? We are from Georgia and Florida so the terrain couldn't be more different. For the past few years we have just hunted food source(feeders and wheat fields with heavy traffic) but I feel like we should be hunting a lot more travel routes and bedding areas. We usually hunt 7 days between nov.1-14 and will be doing the same this year. Any advice or input is much appreciated. Thank you.

06-Apr-16
Yup travel routes is where you want to be hunting, do you have an aerial photo?

06-Apr-16

CamoTan 's embedded Photo
CamoTan 's embedded Photo
here are some I have on my phone I will up load some better ones here soon.

• Sitka Gear