LONEBULL 31-Mar-16
wyobullshooter 31-Mar-16
BTM 02-Apr-16
Topgun 30-06 02-Apr-16
plenty coups 07-Apr-16
BTM 25-Oct-16
HiMtnHnter 28-Oct-16
31-Mar-16
Nate Strong a Big Piney resident and works for the High School in Big Piney. He poached a 230" mule deer out of season and without the correct tag. He had a whitetail tag. He killed a big mule deer the same year with his bow. Many pictures were taken of this buck even a few after the season ended. He had it mounted in Utah and it was on display at the Utah Sportmans Expo.

http://www.gohunt.com/read/news/breaking-story-230-inch-mule-deer-buck-poached-in-wyoming

31-Mar-16
He's in deep dodo and when he got caught he then comes up with BS that he thought it was a hybrid, LOL! Tests at the G&F Lab debunked that baloney and he'll be lucky if he doesn't also face Lacey Act charges for taking it across state lines to that Utah taxidermist where he figured he wouldn't be found out.

31-Mar-16
That is really sad. I hate to see people do stupid things like this!!!

31-Mar-16
"...he'll be lucky if he also doesn't face Lacey Act charges..."

The rest of us will be unlucky if he doesn't.

02-Apr-16
Not the first time someone got busted after taking "their" animal to an outdoor show. Too many folks are watching these days....

02-Apr-16
Word I've been getting is that the Utah taxidermist took it to the Expo and put it on display without the knowledge of the poacher. That sounds pretty plausible since he took it to the Utah taxidermist in the first place so there would be less chance of getting caught. The statute he should be charged under is $5K Minimum up to $10K maximum and/or a year in the pokey! He should also lose his hunting privileges for a number of years and that will be good in all but about 4 states in the country since most are now in the Wildlife Violator Compact!

07-Apr-16
Reminds me of an incident years back here in Sheridan. Had pictures of the muley AFTER the season had ended. I think Toby had claimed he shot it in Mexico but DNA testing showed it came from around here and the pics proved through forensics what deer it was. Sad sad day for Wyoming hunting.

25-Oct-16

BTM's Link
He pled guilty today.

28-Oct-16
The fine he paid was about the price of a high profile hunt for a giant mule deer, 10k. Plus, he lost 7 years hunting privileges. Guess he can save up and do it again in 7 years.

• Sitka Gear