Elkbeard 10-Apr-16
Maverick940 10-Apr-16
notags 10-Apr-16
cedarv 10-Apr-16
notags 10-Apr-16
sticksnstrings 11-Apr-16
Maverick940 11-Apr-16
01-Apr-16
Lightning struck twice for me...yahoooooooooo There hitting ...

01-Apr-16
Twice for me, too!!! Crazy ...

01-Apr-16
Glad to hear it Trax! Me too

01-Apr-16
I am overwhelmed... Hoping its for Antlers.. I throw a cow in the mix so chances are better,, Either way.. Ill be with the Bugles...Thank you JESUS for the tags....

159 n a wake up....Time to start my Countdown thread,,,,

01-Apr-16
My card was hit too! My wife was blessed with an elk tag! Thank you Lord!

01-Apr-16
16 elk bonus points and waiting. no hits yet.

01-Apr-16
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! My card was hit. 13 points, unit 1 or 27. Praise to the Lord Jesus.

01-Apr-16
5BS or 8 early archery bull for me. Wife got hit for a rifle tag someplace too!

01-Apr-16
Congrats, Creed.

I was in 5BS last year. Had fun, but way too many hunters in most areas of that unit. But, there are a few little hidey-holes where a person can get away from almost everyone.

Maverick

01-Apr-16
So does anybody know how long it takes them on the cc s do they hit on the weekend?

01-Apr-16
I am skeptical of this initial go around...

However if true both my Dad and I drew on separate applications!!!

This has the makings of a terrible April Fools joke!

01-Apr-16
Congrats to all tag holders. Me....I paid the old way and I gotta wait more. Anybody have any idea how long before somebody like me can find out? Thanks in advance.

01-Apr-16
Alex:

Do you have an account with AG&F that you can log into and check your results?

If not, the Dept posted that they'll have results available via their website on or possibly before April 22nd.

Maverick

01-Apr-16
elktrax PRAISE THE LORD FOR YOUR SUCCESS GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL PROV.3:5-6

01-Apr-16
alex I put my son in the old way too by next wk. you should be able to call 602-942-3000 dial 2 and follow the prompts GOOD LUCK

01-Apr-16
Is there a way to be sure??? I am up for a premium antelope tag and a "premium" elk tag in CO and if this is the real deal I need to change my apps so I don't draw those.

01-Apr-16
Check the portal. Should know early next week if you have an account there

01-Apr-16

01-Apr-16
Live2, if your card got hit, you're going hunting

01-Apr-16
Are the CCS charges done ?

01-Apr-16
Maybe it's time take my m 700 and Mauser saw the receiver's in half and throw them in the garbage lol

02-Apr-16
Don't give up hope, Homey. There's still a few days left. Maybe you'll get lucky and pull a tag. I presume that you had points accumulated. Depending on which units and which hunt dates you chose, you might draw a tag.

02-Apr-16
Mav do they run CCS on the thru the weekend?

02-Apr-16

02-Apr-16

02-Apr-16
Calling my bank now for any AZ charges. Just applied to Colo last night on same CC and still not showing charges for that.

Fingers crossed.....

02-Apr-16
Mavick you were right either got 5a bull or 5bs cow happy

02-Apr-16
Congrats, Homey.

That 5A bull hunt is a fun one. I had that tag about 20 years ago. Haven't personally hunted it since then, but I scout it a lot.

Mav

02-Apr-16
Maverick, thanks, no account with them as far as I know. I will just wait some more....just a little more.

Hoosier, thanks for the phone line, much good luck to you and your son!

Thanks again!

02-Apr-16
Alex, You can sign up for azgf portal by going to azgfd.gov HOME PAGE and sign up free. There aren't any results on the portal but AZGF said they will be available on the portal B4 being published. GOOD LUCK AGAIN.

02-Apr-16
Thank you very much HOOSIER, and thanks for the wishes of luck, I may need some.

03-Apr-16
Hope to get some confirmation tomorrow as to whether all CCs are processed as I have sweet BC moose hunt lined up as a back up but I am risking losing my spot if I don't get a deposit in soon.

04-Apr-16
Card hit, going elk hunting.

04-Apr-16
Congrats moch! Are you saying you got hit today? So there may still be hope?

04-Apr-16
yes my card company was verifying since late Friday so it did not get posted until this morning. thank you Lord. its either 23N archery, Unit 1 early bull black powder or 27 early rifle. waiting to see. so stoked, 14 years in waiting. Good Luck it those still waiting it still might happen.

04-Apr-16
Congratulations, Moch.

I have a guy who submitted a bull elk app for the same units and he drew with 12 points. Not sure which unit he drew, but he's pretty stoked about it. Congratulations on your permit!!!

Maverick

04-Apr-16
Now whens the az g&f portal be available? Wait for draw results what's the difference?

04-Apr-16
Did anybody get hit for an antelope permit? I am just wondering if that draw is over too?

04-Apr-16
Yeah, it's pretty much over, Jwax. Now it's merely waiting to see what units we all drew.

05-Apr-16
My congratz to all- I am left to cry over a non-hit. Again.

The Lord is still good, and I praise Him even in my sorrows.

Jwaxe7- man, I just rolled in to town last night by way of Oberlin KS looking at some amazing hunting up there, and man, I saw about a hundred pronghorn if I saw 1 in southern CO and northern NM. Territory was crawling with them along I-25. Not a care in the world.

Wheels spinning....

05-Apr-16
My Cabelas card just posted my elk tag hit. Get to hunt 6B with one of my sons.

05-Apr-16
Jwaxe7 I got a hit for archery antelope the other day. Either 5B or 10.

06-Apr-16
So are the cc s completely done ? Does anyone really know?

06-Apr-16
Homey:

One of my clients called AG&F this afternoon (April 6th) and asked the same question that you just presented. He was told that the Department was having trouble contacting people who'd drawn but who hadn't provided accurate payment information.

So, the Department spokesperson said that their policy is to continue drawing applications until all available hunts are filled. If any hunts happen to be undersubscribed after all application hunt numbers have been considered and ran against whatever hunt numbers might be available, then whatever tags that aren't chosen in that random process will be available first-come first-serve.

The bottom line is this; it seems that the Department is still drawing applications as of today (April 6th) because some applicants did not provide accurate payment information and the Department has not been able to successfully contact a portion of those applicants.

Maverick

07-Apr-16
Well it could be may before we find out what we drew hey! Meat is meat right?

07-Apr-16
I'm thinking the official results will be posted by Tuesday or Wednesday ...

07-Apr-16
Maybe it's time to go back to all paper apps !

07-Apr-16
What we are seeing is the difference between collection of the money up front (like New Mexico does) or collecting after the draw (AZ Stile) I like AZ because they don't take my money until I draw. But they have issues when the draw is done because applicants are maxing out their cards while they wait and AZ makes an effort to contact them. Should they do that or just eliminate those people from the Draw and move to the next applicant??? New Mexico collects up front and eliminates the issues before the draw. so when the draw finally happens it appears to go smooth and on time. But they did hold your money for two months. Which do you prefer?? I know there is a statute in AZ that does not allow them to collect with out a sale of a product.

07-Apr-16
They will finish their calls today, portal results to be up probably Tuesday.

The draw process ranks every applicant and simply goes down the list trying to fill tags. When a cc payment doesn't get updated, the tag goes back in the tag pool. After the std draw and the time period to make funds available has passed, they go back thru the applicant list and try to fill tags again. If they get to you and there is now a tag available, you get it. In this instance, the alternate will get the tag number from the bounced app. So, you could be the last guy to get a tag for your chosen unit, but when your tag arrives it may show tag #3, as an example.

Always make sure you have a current phone and email.

07-Apr-16
AZGF Has a cutoff date et up if a card is hit that is maxedout it should be dropped and go on to the next applicant. Like it has been said they'er wasting time. I forgot one time before they started to notify if something was wrong to put in my birth date, they threw it out. (PAPER APP> DAYS) Live and learn I never forgot again.

07-Apr-16
For anyone who's interested, it now looks like the individual portals will be loaded to the website in about 3-5 business days.

08-Apr-16
If they hit a card and the card doesn't work they should throw it out and move to the next applicant. If you pay by check and the check bounces they don't call you and ask you to put money in your account.

09-Apr-16
Totally agree cedar. Far too much leniency it seems for the amount of interest and popularity of such hunts. Elk is king, that hunt deserves to be treated as an extreme privilege. You die a little inside when you don't draw...

09-Apr-16
"You die a little inside when you don't draw".... Well put Elkbeard. Well put..

09-Apr-16
What's worse, is drawing a tag and then not using it. That happened to me last year. Kind of sucked.

09-Apr-16
You ready need to use your tag when you are drawer for 1,what unt was it for if you don't mind me asking?

10-Apr-16
I am so glad so many of you have not had an issue with your credit cards, so you can be soooo judgmental on throwing it out, no phone calls, tough shit, etc. Nice to have everything perfect in your world. I guess your shit doesnt stink either. I had a problem with my card, and was going out of country on the weekend which happened to be the draw. However, I had contacted GF and talked to a very nice lady there, explained the situation,and it was too late to update on the website. My phone service would be iffy where I was going. I gave her the new info, asked her to try to contact me by email or phone should a problem arise. It worked out, my card was charged for the tag.

Those of you who draw the hard line, I hope you find yourselves on the other side of it one day.

10-Apr-16
Wouldn't it solve a lot of problems if at the time of applying you could add a second or third card to cover issues like fraud or expiring cards? If card A had a problem then use card B or C? Most of us have at least one credit card and a debit.

Probably something I am overlooking here but it seems easy to me.

10-Apr-16
Easy notags, it ain't about being judgmental. Many people have seen rough times, speaking from personal experience. Sorry if that's the case. Those times come and sometimes they go. If it's a fraud hold on a card or similar that's one thing, but a maxed-out card is quite another.

However, I don't consider myself entitled to ANYTHING, much less a hunt tag when it's my personal issue/ordeal and not everyone else's.

Entitlement never served anyone. I deal with my "tough luck" and don't expect much anything from anyone. Hope your matters are not too severe...

I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. (Phi. 4:12)

10-Apr-16
No Tags:

I'm glad to hear that you received a permit. Congratulations! I hope you have an excellent hunting experience this coming summer/fall.

The follow-up policy that AG&F uses when contacting applicants during the draw process, if their payment information isn't current, seems to be working. One of my hunters had some outdated card information and when drawn, the Department contacted him for an update so they could issue the permit. So, the system seems to be working.

In any event, it's good to hear that you drew a permit, No Tags. To everyone who didn't draw a permit, there's always next year. That same condolence is aimed at myself, too, when during the past four years I failed to obtain the Unit 21 December Coues permit.

Maverick

10-Apr-16
Ironically, it was not me that drew a tag, but a friend I had put in with my cc., due to his not being sure where, he being out of country on business, etc. He is something of a novice hunter, but loves the time afield. I would have felt terrible if he had not received a tag due to my personal issue.

Elkbeard, the issue with the card was not due to being maxed out. I do not believe in paying interest on anything unless it increase in value, so I pay my card off each month.

Maverick, I agree that the GF program works, as said the ladies there were most helpful and understanding. For those that thought you could update your cards up till the very end on the website had you tried, you would have seen that the data would not change. I tried it. GF said the feature should have been turned off.

I was fortunate that GF has their policy in place, and my friend gets to elk hunt this year. As said before in different words, careful what you wish for.

I did not not draw, once again...my handle is such for a reason. As Maverick said," there's always next year". And the year after, and the year after that ....

10-Apr-16
No Tags tell that to the folks who don't get drawn because they had insufficient funds or for some reason the check did not go through. The problem is if you pay by check you get one chance but if you use credit you get three or more chances and that is not right.

10-Apr-16
cedarv, Its not the same thing. If you dont have the funds, either to cover the check, or due to available balance on your credit card, perhaps you cannot afford to go hunting. There is an early grace period for paper applications if there is problem. Is that " not right" to you either?

They cash the check as soon as you send it in. Would you write a check for your house or vehicle payment that wouldnt clear?

Again, not the same thing.

11-Apr-16
I drew my AZ tag, finally! Any good advice for hunting 18A?

And on a different note- I love reading all the positive comments on the AZ thread.....I am from out of state, and our state thread seems to always turn into a gripe session or throwing stones at each other. Way to stay positive AZ!

11-Apr-16
Sticks And Strings:

What are the dates of your hunt? I'm presuming that you drew early archery bull elk, but I'm not sure if that's actually the case. And, if you want to send a PM to me with your telephone number and/or your email address, I might be able to help you out with the 18A thing.

Maverick

• Sitka Gear