Elkaddict 05-Apr-16
RutnStrut 05-Apr-16
Knife2sharp 06-Apr-16
Konk1 07-Apr-16
skookumjt 07-Apr-16
raspy old hen 09-Apr-16
Duke 12-Apr-16
04-Apr-16
With the new system in place now will we be receiving a carcass tag in the mail yet? I received an "E-payment Services" printout with the confirmation number on it detailing the online transaction, but have no idea as to what, if anything will be mailed, what needs to get punched upon a kill, attached to a bird, call-in information, call-in number, etc. I tried logging onto the DNR Chat, but that is currently down. The handbook does not contain any information different than before?

Can anyone enlighten us on the subject?

04-Apr-16
Nothing gets sent. Go into the Go Wild site. Log in, pull up our "current licenses" and then print what you need. Really same as last year only now you have to print them. If you buy from a license vendor you get the waterproof type tags like in the past.

04-Apr-16
Anyone get their conservation card yet? I still haven't received mine..

04-Apr-16
Actually the tag no longer gets punched you need to have pen or pencil to validate it. It then goes in your pocket until you leave the carcass be it at camp in freezer etc. The only thing I know of being mailed is the Conservation card if you purchased it and the state park sticker.

04-Apr-16
I purchased my Go Wild Card at the local WService Center and received it in the mail last week.

05-Apr-16
Elk I don't think they issue the waterproof tags anymore, everything is paper now.

05-Apr-16
My Card came in the mail last week.

As said tags/licenses printed from gowild.wi.gov.

It is not the same as the past as stated. License vendors do not have waterproof tag/licenses anymore. All 1400 locations had the hardware changed. Printed on 8x11 paper. You no longer slit the month/day/time/buck/antlerless. You need to carry a pen/pencil/sharpie and write the date and am/pm on the tag. Tag must stay with carcass. Does not need to be attached.

05-Apr-16
Interesting. I thought my dad said he got the waterproof style at Wal-mart. Maybe he just got the paper then, thanks.

05-Apr-16
I paid for the extra card and still haven't seen it.

06-Apr-16
Problem with this is, who has printers anymore? I can use the printer at work, but I don't have one at home. Everything nowadays is going paperless, just seems backwards to me.

07-Apr-16
Anyone know where you can find the app for your phone. I've heard there's supposed to be an app for your phone that will be the same as the go wild card.

07-Apr-16
Google WI DNR mobile app.

09-Apr-16
From the Appleton Post Crescent under the article, "Another calm spring turkey season awaits". "

Given the pleasant, happy nature of turkey hunters, the DNR couldn’t pick a better test-group for its new carcass-tagging system. The DNR no longer issues weather-proof carcass tags for deer, turkeys, bears, waterfowl or other game. Instead, hunters must print paper tags from their home computer, or ask a license vendor to print them. Either way, the tags will use regular ol’ paper, and it’s your job to keep them intact.

The DNR recommends sealing carcass tags in a plastic sandwich bag with a pen or pencil, and storing them in a safe pocket or daypack while hunting. After shooting a turkey, validate the kill by signing the tag, and reseal it inside the bag. You don’t have to attach the tag to the turkey’s leg until you’re “separated” from the bird.

Yes, you can carry it out of the woods without tagging it. But before leaving the turkey unattended in the field — or inside your vehicle, garage or anywhere else — attach the plastic-bagged carcass tag to its leg with a string or zip-tie. You must register each kill by 5 p.m. the next day, either online or by phone. During the process, you’ll receive a confirmation number to write on the carcass tag."

I think this article helps explain the tagging operations.

12-Apr-16
I did end up going to the DNR station and having them print off my paper tag as the online system was not working for whatever reason and only printed out the general license without the applicable dates and call-in information. In talking about the system with the DNR there remains some kinks in the system, but they are working through them yet and will hopefully have these problems alleviated before long.

• Sitka Gear