Bill J. 07-Apr-16
happygolucky 07-Apr-16
Jeff in MN 07-Apr-16
Bill J. 08-Apr-16
PB in WI 11-Apr-16
Jeff in MN 12-Apr-16
04-Apr-16

Steve White's Link
I was looking at his auction coming up on the 6th in Wautoma. Going through the pics I seen 2 garbage cans full of recurves mostly. a couple of long bows, and 1 old wheelie. Noticed there are several bears in the mix. If I had the extra cash to spend would be down there myself for many things!

Thought I would share the info with you guys. Hope someone gets something good from it.

05-Apr-16

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Wow, ton of old chain saws, mowers, fishing, tools, and other stuff. I would be tempted but my truck is in the shop getting a body tune up. Cab is done, box still looking pretty tough. Besides, last thing I need is more stuff like that.

05-Apr-16
Bad day for an auction. Saturday would be better.

05-Apr-16
I would go in a heartbeat. Lots of things in that one I could use. That chain saw winch would be awesome for one!. This time of year the piggy is skin and bones.

05-Apr-16
Ron, weekday auctions are great if you are retired. You should try it.

I bet a lot of those chain saws are spare parts quality. There are so many I bet they will go cheap, maybe even sold in lots of 2-5 of them. Also sold by choice of a dozen then it takes the winning bidder 3+ minutes to decide which ones they wanted.

Do you suppose that diamond plate box with the holes in it is a dog kennel?

06-Apr-16
I will do that in a few years Jeff. I don't really "need" any more trad bows. I have more than I can shoot now but its a sickness.

06-Apr-16
Steve - I go to the sportsman rummage sales, that are gaining areas every year..... this year I went to the one in Fond du lac,,,,,, sold a lot of ammo etc, and than walked out with a lot more stuff, to replace the stuff, I sold,,,,, ha ha ha

I also like auctions

06-Apr-16
anyone go to this i wanted to but did not make it i wander what the recurves brought ?

07-Apr-16
It moved pretty fast but they sold choice out of the barrels and at first it was somewhere around $200 for the first picks, then the price went down and they were selling $x3 for a bit then after all the choice bows were gone they sold the rest in 2 lots. One guy bought most of them. I would imagine those two barrels brought in $1500-$2000.

07-Apr-16
Man, I have never seen so many chainsaws in one place before. I bet most of those had to go pretty cheap.

07-Apr-16
Bill, did you happen to stay for the pallet racks? Just curious what they sold for, they were the only thing I would have been interested in.

Also were most of the chain saws just worth the spare parts value?

08-Apr-16
Jeff, I only was around for one section that sold and it was $80. Pretty good deal for two uprights and four cross beams, and heavy duty at that!

There was such a huge mix of saws and parts it was hard to tell. I took a chance on a Stihl 026 for $45. Put some new gas in it and it fired right up! Alot of the saws had some parts missing. Surprisingly everything was going for a bit more than I thought. There were a couple buyers that must have known what they were doing with all the parts and saws they bought. Fun time though, love live auctions like that!!

11-Apr-16
Auctions can go crazy. I have done better at rummage sales. Rummage sale tips - look under the tables in boxes, and under piles. If you see something in a corner, on the wall, or overhead on the joists, ask them if they want to sell it. Also, if you see hunting stuff ask if there is any old archery stuff in the house. Sometimes they don't bring it out because they don't think it is worth anything.

12-Apr-16
I was picking up one of my chain saws from Myles north of Hayward and mentioned how many saws this auction had. He said the saws in the auction are probably from the 'bag it or drag it' promotion that Jonsreud had years ago. People could trade in any junk saw and get a credit of like $75-150 depending on the size of the saw they bought. Manufacturer of the trade in did not matter. The dealers were allowed to keep all the trade in saws and would fix them up, maybe making one good saw out of 3 trade in saws. This is probably how this guy got and kept so many saws around.

• Sitka Gear