DaleHajas 03-May-16
Bourbonator 03-May-16
Jeff Durnell 03-May-16
Bourbonator 03-May-16
RC 04-May-16
60X Strings 09-May-16
09-Apr-16

60X Strings's Link
In an effort to beat the late summer rush we have decided to run a pre season restringing special at 60X Custom Strings. Instead of our normal $150 price we will be offering the service for $125. This includes the bowstring & cable set, install & setup along with proper tuning of the bow. This pricing is for bows that are dropped off. Bows that are mailed in would be $150 to account for return shipping. Feel free to email any questions to [email protected]

11-Apr-16
Can you make strings for crossbows?

22-Apr-16
Yes we do crossbows as well

23-Apr-16
Brad I working on several warfs now. 1setTradTech #45 longbow limbs and a #45 Samick Sage Recurve set. I need some string advice.

What can you recommend?

01-May-16
Aside from building strings I know very little about trad bows. The first thing would be to find out if the bows are fast flight compatible or not.

01-May-16
Bring me the bows, Dale. I'll make strings for them.

02-May-16
Thanks Roy i make my own strings out of old materials lol but these modern ILF limbs can use more modern string material. So I was just wondering what would be a good choice of all the new "stuff" out there. Thanks again!

02-May-16
Heck all the new stuff is fast flight in general. They just change the name, then charge more $$$$.

03-May-16
Lol probably. I put the samick limbs on an old Bear Silent Hunter and the thing shot like a rocket with no handshock nor torqueing at all. I know the ILF limbs can take a modern material string...... Just dont know what material- its a new world:)

03-May-16
yeah, there are a few different materials, they aren't all the same and there are different blends of materials to make them perform differently. I think it was 450+ (or 452x, I'll have to check) that I put on my K-mag something like 4 maybe 5 years ago. Still shooting fine. I'm sure those ILF limbs can handle it.

I'm sort of surprised that 60x doesn't know more about his product though??? Maybe he can ask a tech or something what they would recommend for a bow with ILF limbs. Maybe they would need some specifics like bow length, draw weight and whether you plan to use finger release or mechanical release. Wood arrows or carbon? target or hunting?

03-May-16
Dale, are you making endless loop or Flemish twist strings?

Message boards dedicated to traditional gear are probably a better place to ask. There are some good string makers there with valuable insight.

A few of them told me to try Rhino, by Brownell. I've only twisted up one string so far, and it's on a bamboo/yew/osage semi-recurve I made. So far so good.

It's a big decision though because that stuff ain't cheap. It would be nice to have more comprehensive information available because there are so many different products offered by BCY and Brownell, and I can't afford to just keep buying spools of this stuff to try.

03-May-16
Jeff exactly my thoughts..... And questions:)

Spider Im sure Brad isnt thoroughly tuned into what a warf bow just is made from. Guys on the LW have used his strings with no complaints. At least hes honest:)

03-May-16
you bet. When you really think about it, a warf bow isn't gonna be much different than any other takedown bow.

03-May-16
TradTalk is the place to be when it comes to warfin' . Ill try over there too.

03-May-16
I've killed many a deer with strings made by RC. He's the go to guy in my book.

03-May-16
Bill, anybody who calls all modern string material Fast Flight ain't makin' me squat!

:^)

03-May-16
Jeff modern and Old Coot do not go hand and hand! LOL

04-May-16
Ok you two... :)

09-May-16
LOL. the 'fast flight' materials are way different from material to material and not just different names with extra costs. Brownell fury along with bcy x and 8125G are customer favorites of ours.

• Sitka Gear