13-Apr-16

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
She interrupted the hunt. She gone!

13-Apr-16

Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
Nocturnal8's embedded Photo

13-Apr-16
Atta boy! I got this one Friday going 60! :) flew right out, nothing I could do.

13-Apr-16
Attaboy!

13-Apr-16

bfisherman11's embedded Photo
bfisherman11's embedded Photo
Ok, I will play. Ha

Can't say how many times when archery deer hunting I got caught off guard or spotted just as I was getting ready to shoot a coyote but it was alot. UGH

Saw this one coming from an open area and knew what trail it was going to take. I drew my bow way early and held at full draw. My first opening was at 18 yards and I shot. The yote spun fast and I did not see the hit. At about 20 yards from the shot he stumbled. I thought "Gotch ya". At 40 yards he died on the run and rolled to a stop. I was so excited.A P&Y buck probably would only be equal to that day.

Bill

13-Apr-16

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Kansas 125 gr slick trick. November 2015. He stopped about 12 yards in front of me. A squirrel was chattering at him which stopped him and distracted him plenty for me to get on him. Recovery about 5 yards.

14-Apr-16
You guys all rock!

I've never got a crack at one. I guess I am lucky though as getting a crack at one, other than with my truck, would not be what I would want to see with my land. So far, so good there. Not even one on camera.

14-Apr-16

I did shoot two other yote with a bow. One came for a drink at the stock pond I was hunting over and I drilled him. Got a fox at that same spot too.

Another yote I was on deer stand with a doe decoy in front of me. These two yote came down a game trail and when they saw the deek they stopped in their tracks. One yote circled around to get to the other side of the deek. The other yote still at his original stop point started a sneak toward the deek and when he stopped at about 15 yards he had a thunderhead 125 go through his chest. He ran smack into a big tree and folded up.

You can see one of them to the left of the bear in the little hunting stand and the other one you can see a little bit of to the right of that little bear.

Pretty hard to get them with a bow. Since I don't specifically hunt them I just have to be in the right place, under the right circumstances, at the right time.

14-Apr-16
I've never had a shooting opportunity while bowhunting...but my last year of gun, about 10 years back, about 1/2 hour into opening morning...the nieghbors opened up and I wound up shootin 3 yotes in about 15 seconds.

Shot a 4th on Thanksgiving. Never saw a deer all season.

Great year ;^)

14-Apr-16
I've never had a shooting opportunity while bowhunting...but my last year of gun, about 10 years back, about 1/2 hour into opening morning...the nieghbors opened up and I wound up shootin 3 yotes in about 15 seconds.

Shot a 4th on Thanksgiving. Never saw a deer all season.

Great year ;^)

14-Apr-16
I have had two opportunities and busted during draw. It was back when I used the pulley popper. I haven't had one since using the recurve.

I had a buddy shoot one with his Hoyt and heard the ruckus 200 yards away. Said it spun in a cicle and took off. Dropped within 50 yard and found it with thunder head markings.

14-Apr-16
I've shot three with the bow and two with the gun while deer hunting. Unfortunately, we have plenty of coyotes, and fortunately, plenty of deer. I used to pass them regularly, but now its coyote season whenever I see a coyote. You should have heard the pack Wednesday morning when the ambulance drove by about half mile away. It was crazy how they were howling, barking, and yipping. I called this one in with a couple sharp barks while turkey hunting, after she tried putting a stalk on some jakes at about 200 yards away.

14-Apr-16
Shooting a coyote with a bow is an accomplishment. They have a keen sense for whatever is in the area. Besides trapping them. I've gotten one with a bow during the archery season. He knew something wasn't right. But it was too late. But when I released I realized my arrow was going high. Ended up clipping a branch and my arrow went down right into him. I tried pulling a pic but can't find the dang thing. I think I was 15 at the time. But I remember feeling like a shot a big buck. And also remember how aweful he stunk.

14-Apr-16
Very long time ago I was calling a Tom and he was on his way to me. Could not see him as he was below the crest of the hill I was on. All of sudden there was a ruckus and something hit the barb wire fence near where the last gobble came from. Investigation showed yote hair stuck on the fence barbs and no sign that the turkey suffered any damage.

24-May-16
If anyone has any coyote problems in WI let me know. Im a big fan of hunting them after deer season.

• Sitka Gear