elktrax 06-Sep-16
do it now 07-Sep-16
Liv2HntBigBullz 07-Sep-16
AZBUGLER 08-Sep-16
Tejas 09-Sep-16
Heat 09-Sep-16
AZBUGLER 10-Sep-16
13-Apr-16
yes its that time of year again.. I was blessed again with a tag. This time a bull......147 and a wake up..tic toc tic toc.. Congrats to all that drew. And I know words cant comfort those who didn't.. But we are all still breathing and can hunt Deer on the Kiabab or other spicies.. ,,,,,,,,,

18-Apr-16
143 days............ I'm dying here. Seems like the results have been out forever!

18-Apr-16
November 25th it's a long ways to go. NO FULL MOON now we need rain

19-Apr-16
I need to get through the six-month Alaska season before I can really begin getting excited about the upcoming Arizona season.

20-Apr-16
140 n a wake up...tic toc tic toc till elk camp

25-Apr-16
Tags arrived today and 135 n a wake up till Elk Camp.. My son and I flung a few arrows tonight.. Gonna be awesome watching him arrow a bull.. tic toc tic toc tic toc

25-Apr-16
Got my tag today too. Permit #2! It was meant to be.....

26-Apr-16
Got my tag yesterday!

I guess things are kind of getting serious...

26-Apr-16

StickFlicker's embedded Photo

26-Apr-16
sorry Stickflicker..

27-Apr-16
Flicker.....awesome! Lol. This could be the year for the one you've been waiting for though....

30-Apr-16
130 n a wake up till elk camp....tic toc tic toc tic toc

01-May-16
129. O sold some sheds yesterday and used the money to buy a new Vortex rangefinder. Took it out today and shot the bow for the first time in three months. I also was able to put a supply list together so I can whittle away at it over the next four months.

04-May-16
126 and a wake up... its coming fast.....

05-May-16
How about 18 weeks from tomorrow! Sounds even better.

05-May-16
What are each of you doing daily to prepare?

I have been trying to shoot every day, eat healthier, and get into better shape after the winter took its slumbering toll.

No better motivation than that gum backed AZ tag I have pinned up in the man cave!

07-May-16
I've started to increase my running to 3-4 times per week, finally shot my bow for the first time in months the other day. I bought two more trail cams last night to help with the scouting.

07-May-16
I myself am recovering from a shoulder surgery.. Started shooting again after 6 months of not,, Started some weights.. And have to get running... My son and I have Bull tags this year... Also Had to sell my toy hauler do to my surgery.. So We are back to a tent camp.. We have started our new inventory for our new Elk camp this year.. Going to be exciting.. We have 2 1/2 weeks planned for the hunt.. Cant wait..123 n a wake up till ELKCAMP

07-May-16
Running is out for me. I am too old and beat up to run. I have lifted weights most of my adult life but even now have to go for reps rather than weight.

Treadmill on a 10% incline at 3 1/2 mph and weights is where I am at right now. I have been fighting target panic and am shooting a hinge handle trying to get past it. Hope to be ready by September.

13-May-16
117 n a wake up...... tic toc tic toc tic toc

20-May-16
16 weeks from today! I think I can, I think I can....

21-May-16
elktrax, pretty good rain up in your stomping grounds tues. and wed.. up there working for 2 weeks, wanted to get out and call some dogs, but wanted to stay dry more:)

23-May-16
Come on azarchery, you afraid of a little water? If it starts raining, just look up to the sky and yell: "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT"!!. It instantly stops raining every time...

23-May-16
Gotta be careful there Chuckster. It rained 40 days and nights once.

24-May-16
Are these AZ guys complaining about rain ;-)

Bring it on and make that forage grow so that bone comes on strong!

106 and counting!

24-May-16
Last time Azarcchery yelled that..A bolt of lighting and thunder was heard then it stopped raining...After the HAIL that I recall...And it was REAL CLOSE......And Amen on the 40 days n 40 nights....Ill be heading up after Memorial to start my plots... tic toc.....tic toc......

25-May-16
Can I get in on this? 51 days and a wake up and I will be hunting Bison!

25-May-16
I suppose it's only fair Nick. Wow, that's coming up quickly!

25-May-16
welcome to the countdown HEAT...tic toc tic toc

27-May-16

Just for you Nick, here's a photo of the bull a friend of mine's wife took earlier this week up there. She was hunting with a bow, but the cold got to her and she decided to end the hunt with a rifle.

28-May-16
Wow! Thats a great bull!

29-May-16
47 Days and a wake up. Drs gonna have to lock me up to keep me from going on this hunt. Would appreciate prayers and positive thoughts from all of my brothers of the bow. Thank You and God Bless You!

02-Jun-16

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo

02-Jun-16

03-Jun-16
Looking Good elktrax! Git r done!

04-Jun-16
97 days.....

11-Jun-16

AZBUGLER's embedded Photo

11-Jun-16
Congrats to all who have that coveted elk tag!!! Would love to see some of Yalls scouting pics this summer!

13-Jun-16
Lots of fires up there..5bs is on fire. 6a has a couple...woke up to Less than a quarter mile visability... Watching the fire come down the Powerline firebreak......Saw few Elk and a Bear.. Wife took a good video of it... came out of one of my areas and had a bear sitting up just looking around.. He turned and looked at us and just wandered off... Never realized how big these bears paws were...Pretty hefty rear paw... Great experience for the whole family...My 6 year old had a blast...when the quads left camp she wanted on and to go out everytime....Gonna be a huntress... 86 n a wake till the wagon leaves to Elkcamp...tic toc tic toc.....

15-Jun-16
God willing in 30 days I will be bison hunting! Hope they don't try to schedule surgery during my hunt and I can remain healthy enough until then to get it done.

26-Jun-16
75 days now.......

01-Jul-16
13 days from today I will be hunting bison!

02-Jul-16
get some pics for us HEAT..

02-Jul-16
67 n a wake up for my son and I...tic toc tic toc... Not even close to being ready..

10-Jul-16
58 n a wake up....tic toc tic toc tic toc

10-Jul-16

Sharpshot's embedded Photo
Sharpshot's embedded Photo
Hey Heat, I was in the january 1st to 31st hunt and I shot mine on june 4th. I shot a mid size bull out of herd of atleast 50 or better. If you want to talk pm me.

10-Jul-16
Sorry Heat I meant Jan 1st to June 31st. Good luck on your hunt!

21-Jul-16
49 days till elk season...

21-Jul-16
48 n a wake up till elk camp...tic toc tic toc

22-Jul-16
103 days yet, for me.

22-Jul-16

To keep us going.....

23-Jul-16

metau's embedded Photo
metau's embedded Photo
No tag so I will be chasing bugles with a camera. Here's a shot from last weekend, taken about 100yds from my tent.

24-Jul-16
was up last weekend with the kids and we glassed up some big bulls.. Saw the biggest bull of my life.. had a great time but we're needing bigtime rain up there... It was dry as a bone and some water holes which are never dry were dry.. Not good....45 days n a wake till Elk Camp...tic toc tic toc tic toc....Its not starting to drive me nuts.. I have nothing ready...lol

24-Jul-16
Been raining the past three days. Some pretty good washouts, too. Might fill some of those tanks for you.

25-Jul-16
Maverick940 I hope so... My main concern is getting my son a shot at a bull... Hoping around water so I can get a good video from our ground blind.. He's 15 and I would like to get his first shot on video.. would be nice for a nice bull to come in.. Got a nice 5x5 on video hope he decides to come in at hunt time... Make a good first kill and dinner for a while... Its getting closer and we are far from ready.. lol,,, 44 n a wake up..tic toc tic toc....

04-Aug-16

Now 36 days until the archery elk opener! I've increased my weekly shooting by signing up for a league. Next week it's another scouting trip for more trail cam research and hanging a couple of stands. I'm going to stand hunt for deer and double dip for elk scouting. Bow is good, arrows are good. Waiting on some Broadheads to ship out and need to order up about 6-8 diaphragm calls still. Maybe one more set of camos and some scent control stuff. Increased my running last month to 60 miles. What else?

06-Aug-16
Practice shooting after running. Trying to control breathing was tough for me, especially when your out of air. Who has Az tags and what unit?

10-Aug-16
Now less than a month....

14-Aug-16
No.....I'm not a little bit jealous of all the guys who have tags:) Wishing much success for all you guys that have tags!! It's almost go time!!! Hope y'all post lots of pics and hunting stories for us poor souls that are on the sidelines this year!!

14-Aug-16
24 n a wake up till my son n I leave for our hunt.. Its coming fast and feel like I'm not ready..lol.. Hoping and praying everyone has a safe and successful hunt.. tic toc tic toc tic toc tic

20-Aug-16
17 n a wake up...tic toc tic toc tic toc.....wow getting close.. cant contain

20-Aug-16

Less than three weeks and they're hard-horned.

20-Aug-16
I really have nothing left to do except load the truck. Clothes are washed and put up, UTV is serviced, bow is shooting as well as I can shoot it, all my other gear is packed and ready, I am ready!

Going up next weekend for a final scout. That burn is the wildcard and unlike years past I need to do some more scouting to decide where to hunt. I am approaching this hunt as my last early archery bull tag. Unless of course God is gracious and sends another my way before I am too crippled up to get it done!

20-Aug-16
Cheering for you Creed! Sounds like you are ready!Despite months of prep, I still have a few more things to do, but I'm getting close. The recent rains have really greened up everything and the forest is looking great!

31-Aug-16
One week...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...tic toc tic toc

31-Aug-16
Good luck guys!

01-Sep-16
Thanks Marvin! I need all the luck and Divine intervention I can get.

01-Sep-16
A week and a wake up. Man the prep time passed quickly!

01-Sep-16
I just got a service transmission lite on my truck... Really? Quad accident last years Elk Hunt and a major surgery after.. Had to sell toy hauler and the F250.... Bought another truck now I might have a Tranny issue?????? A week before my son and my bull hunt. His first elk tag.. If anything Ill ask one of my buddys to haul my utility trailer up with my quads n gear and drop me off....Im gonna hunt......Im a mess right now..... Lord Jesus its in your hands...I surrender????

01-Sep-16
I had an unexpected truck bill too! But I have a quad and a set of legs and I'm with you. I WILL be elk hunting next Friday.

01-Sep-16
Great to hear everyone getting fired up about next Friday in AZ. Wait on my buddy to get back from Canada from his bear hunt so we can load Saturday and drive 1956 miles to where we can hunt those elk that we are addicted to hunt. I am like Creed at 65 years young & look at this as my last trip to Az. since it took 11 years to get my tag. It will NOT be as long as it has been so I have had problems sleeping and cannot wait to get there so the bulls can bugle me to sleep at night.

02-Sep-16
My son wants to practice his bugles this weekend. We will be in 1 and 27...I will let you know how active they are.

05-Sep-16

05-Sep-16

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo
I think I'm getting ANTZY now..... Wife just packed most of the dry foods. Trailer is loaded with the quads n camp gear. My son and I just shot some more arrows...just need to fill the 55gl water barrel n load the "X" get fuel n Head Up the mountain,,, Come on Wednsday... Wow its almost here... tic toc tic toc tic toc... Pevious Scouting trip pictured...

05-Sep-16

They're wallowing! Three days of work and I'm out!

05-Sep-16
Good luck everybody! Leaving in the morning. Have a 6A bull tag....bill

06-Sep-16
one more half day of work and Ill be on my way up 6a also ............

07-Sep-16
They were going off and coming in to us in unit 1. Also got em going onthe way home in 3c Good luck everybody

07-Sep-16
Finally time to hit the road. See you boys in 6A, hoping they get cranking.

08-Sep-16
Well my truck is packed up and I'm ready to go! Leaving right after work. I'll be at it until I tag out or the season ends. Best of luck my Bowsite friends!

09-Sep-16
Today is the day!!! Good luck to all that have a tag!

09-Sep-16
Shout out to Chris, Tom, and Bruce and all the rest with elk tags! Good Luck guys! Really hoping to see some blood and bone soon fellas!

10-Sep-16
Thanks Nick! I just started up a semi live thread in the elk section for anyone interested in following along.

• Sitka Gear