Bloodtrail 16-Apr-16
Ace 16-Apr-16
notme 16-Apr-16
Wild Bill 16-Apr-16
notme 17-Apr-16
bigbuckbob 17-Apr-16
Wild Bill 18-Apr-16
16-Apr-16
Been thinking about upgrading my arrows. Currently shooting Beaman ICs 340 9.3 @33" to a 300 9.5..340 weights in around 485.9 with blazers ,300's 492.5..other than a bit stiffer spine,would there be an advantage?..Also,according to the foc calculators I'm around 9.6% and the 300's would bring me to 9.47%..shouldnt I be around 12% or better ?

16-Apr-16
How do the ones you have shoot ? If there good why change ? I have shoot Beaman hunters for years and haven't found a reason to change not for hunting .

16-Apr-16
Just playing around I guess..see if a bit heavier arrow does anything

16-Apr-16
What do you want to improve?

Arrow penetration? Trajectory? Speed? Forgiveness? Arrow durability? Noise in flight? Pick what you want to achieve and then there will be the give and take.

You might be better off asking what arrow people are using and why, then pick and choose what you like.

16-Apr-16
Trajectory and penetration (he he),don't care much about the rest..switchback ld was never none for speed (forgot to mention that)..

16-Apr-16
A little more FOC is a good thing. You don't say how many pounds you are pulling or what your draw weight is.

Your arrows are extremely long for what you've given us. Why are they so long? If that's the case you should go for the heavier, stiffer arrows and a 125 grain or heavier tip. It will help with FOC on the heavier arrows. You can always add more weight up front with spacers, etc.

I shoot 73lbs 30" draw....and my arrows are a tad over 29". I shoot Easton Axis 300's, 125 grain tip. I've tuned my bow to these and they shoot fantastic. I'd always opt for the heavier arrow for increased penetration and better flight.

16-Apr-16
You don't need that much poundage for shooting Rats.

16-Apr-16
RATS!!!.knew I forgot something..65 lbs,32 1/2 draw..125 head

16-Apr-16
32 1/2" draw, really? How tall are you?

"Also,according to the foc calculators"

Don't you measure the arrows and find the pivot point yourself?

17-Apr-16
WB,I'm probably one of the tallest Italians on the planet,6'6"...lol

I was doing the foc numbers off the top of me nogin sitting in my truck at work waiting for a stiff to show up..its true when they say someone can be late for their own funeral..lol...I ran the numbers from the tuffhead site and got 12.12 foc for slick trik magnum 125 with blazer vanes and 16.6 foc for zwickey 125 eskimo with feathers..

17-Apr-16
notme

I'm 5'11" and when I went to Halls a few years back to try some bows, he asked my draw length and I told him 32" and he said no way. When he measured me he said, guess you're right.

I have all kinds of different arrows that I've collected over the years, and quite honestly I think the only difference I noticed is I'm the biggest problem to shooting better. It's like golf, everyone buys new clubs thinking it's what will change the game, when it's really practice, practice, practice. Just ask Allen Iverson. :)

18-Apr-16
"I ran the numbers from the tuffhead site"

What I do is measure the overall length and find the mid-point. Then balance the arrow on a fine edge and measure the distance between the balance point and the mid-point. Then divide the difference in length between the two points, by the overall length, and that is your FOC in percent.

• Sitka Gear