nehunter 18-Apr-16
nehunter 18-Apr-16
nehunter 18-Apr-16
bigbuckbob 20-Apr-16
nehunter 20-Apr-16
bigbuckbob 20-Apr-16
grizzlyadam 21-Apr-16
17-Apr-16
I was in Cornwall yesterday picking up some cow manure for my garden with my grandson and I spent some time talking with the farm owner about the deer herd and turkey population.

He said the deer are few and far between. He also hunts Great Mountain Forest (remember that conversations?) and said the decline is dramatic. Said he rarely sees deer on his land anymore, so he hunts elsewhere.

Good news - lots of turkeys in the area this year! I'll be out there this spring.

17-Apr-16
You sure he's not handing you a load of manure...hahaha....lol

17-Apr-16
Something did smell rotten :)

I thought this would be a great opportunity to ask him about permission to hunt and share the venison, but his comments told me what I already thought, there just aren't that many deer in the area anymore.

17-Apr-16
I was in Cornwall checking my PlotWatchers for Turkeys yesterday. I have groups of 5-8 Deer at a time in the fields (on PlotWatcher). Drove around at dusk and saw plenty, Bear too.

One field had 2 Bears, five Turkeys and 3-4 Deer at one time, trying to download the video now.

17-Apr-16
nehunter

I'm sure there are pockets of deer, not just in the NW corner but just about everywhere I've hunted. When I went to New Brunswick we walked for 5 days before we found where the deer we hold up, the next morning I took nice 8 pointer. I just found the comments from Jody Bronson at Great MT Forest and the farmer in Cornwall interesting, and consistent with my observations.

17-Apr-16
NEHunter- how long does your battery life last using plot watcher/time lapse and what brand/model are you using?

18-Apr-16
I us the plot watcher the bat life is unbelievable it has a indicator that tells you bat life I put it out 7 days ay a time and it hardly goes down get the higher power lens .This year I wasn't getting any photos on my trail cam but the plot watcher had deer crossing out in front of my stand everyday between 7 am and 8am a little adjustment got me a deer .Steve

18-Apr-16
Same as Steve says, weeks maybe a full Month on regular batteries.

I use the PlotWatcher PRO, dont buy the first model (without PRO)

The SD (32GB) card fills up before it comes off 100% of battery.

https://vimeo.com/163152311

18-Apr-16

nehunter's Link
That didnt work..

18-Apr-16

nehunter's Link
Put the PlotWatcher over a fresh scrape and got this little Buck using it.

https://vimeo.com/163247166

18-Apr-16
bbb, what farm did you buy your poop from?

Not many dairy farms left, two of my farms where I hunt burned down and never rebuilt.

20-Apr-16
It's on Hautboy Hill Road, a very small farm in terms of the number cows he has.

20-Apr-16
Its Hautboy Farm, I have a spot across the street. That part of Town has low Deer densities (my opinion).

Its on the Goshen/Canaan border with big woods.

20-Apr-16
ne

don't give your secrets away. I've hunted deer in that general area for only a few years, several years ago, and found it very spotty, but the turkeys kept me busy.

21-Apr-16
There are no deer in the NW corner, anyone here will tell you that.

• Sitka Gear