Jaeger63 20-Apr-16
Sam Niziolek 21-Apr-16
Jaeger63 21-Apr-16
Sam Niziolek 22-Apr-16
DIYHuntingMaps 23-Apr-16
ELKMAN 17-May-16
wytex 26-May-16
20-Apr-16
I'm a non-resident looking to burn my points on an archery elk tag in 2017. I know this will vary greatly by individual opinion but I'd lie to hear them anyways. Unit 54 is one of the units I'm seriously considering but as I understand it a rifle cow season is going on at that same time as archery season. That will probably weigh heavily on my decision about 54. Is this just limited to unit 54 or does several other units allow this during archery season as well? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share their advice or opinions about this.

21-Apr-16
Look at the Big Horns, Unit 38 or even 39. Ive seen a ton of elk up there and have had multiple bulls come by me than I could count. The big plus is no griz or wolfs!

21-Apr-16
I'm considering unit 45 in the Big Horns. I'll also look into those two units as well. Thanks much

22-Apr-16
45 is a good area as well. Stay away from 37. The elk tend to hang out real low and mostly on private ground between Dayton and Buffalo.

23-Apr-16

DIYHuntingMaps's embedded Photo
DIYHuntingMaps's embedded Photo

DIYHuntingMaps's Link
There are just so many good options, 7, 61, 45 just to name a few. If you're looking for a comprehensive list of the units you can draw, I attached an image from my new Premium Stats program (I attached a link to that too). The left is 8-9 PP, the right is the same, just going in as a "Special".

17-May-16

26-May-16
Area 11 has an archery only tag that allows archery hunting the entire month of Sept. The first half of the season is for the archery only tags, type 9. The second half of Sept. the any elk and cow tags open for archery hunting. So only the type 9's have access the first half of Sept. This unit has great bulls and lots of public land, forest and G&F WHMA. Could get snow in Sept. and black bears are around.

• Sitka Gear