BoneHead 13-May-16
bigbuckbob 13-May-16
deerman406 13-May-16
tompolaris 13-May-16
bigbuckbob 16-May-16
tompolaris 16-May-16
bigbuckbob 17-May-16
20-Apr-16
By this time of the year some of you guys have your plans made for your out of state hunts. I'd be really interested in hearing where you're going and what kind of success you're finding.

This time next year I'll be planning my elk hunt in New Mexico if everything works out as planned, so anyone with an elk trip to share would be really welcomed.

20-Apr-16
My out of State Plans are:

June 6 New Brunswick,Canada - Bear. August 29 Maine - Bear. November 7 Kentucky - Deer November 14 Iowa - Deer

And hoping for Utah Moose or Elk draws.

20-Apr-16
Planning on going back to MN to hunt pheasant again.

20-Apr-16
Do any of you guys put in for the NH, VT or ME Moose draws? I'm in for NH and ME with near max points on each. I'm still sitting out VT since I drew in 2013 (5 year wait now). With the numbers of permits dropping each year, I may never draw, but I put in anyway, both to contribute to the cause and because it gives me something to hope for.

Will almost certainly do another Sika bowhunt on the Eastern shore of MD, probably in Nov. Might keep my eyes open for a cancellation hunt someplace if business remains strong.

20-Apr-16
Going out to Illinois with a friend in November for a whitetail bow hunt.

20-Apr-16
Ace, I always apply for the NH, VT, ME and New Brunswick Moose hunts.

Have been chosen twice in VT once in Maine so far. Wife once in NH.

Four for four.

20-Apr-16
Drew an AZ elk tag for sept. Medicineman drew a late season AZ elk tag, going to try and make that hunt with him also

20-Apr-16
Moose guys -

have you had any luck? How's the hunting compare to whitetails? Would love to hear how it works.

20-Apr-16
Indiana-nov 12 for deer gun opener

21-Apr-16
Oct 2 - Maine - Black Bear

21-Apr-16
Sept 15 CT .LOL

21-Apr-16
JUNE 6TH-NEW BRUNSWICK-BLACK BEAR. LOOKING FOR LARGE PUMPKIN HEAD THIS YEAR!!!!

21-Apr-16
Grouse and woodcock hunting will take me to NH or ME or both. Turkey and deer will put me in VT. I am maxed out on points for elk in PA and moose in NH so who knows.NH is down to only 71 moose tags. The more points I get, the fewer tags are given out! And then I may get lucky on one of the raffles that I have entered.

22-Apr-16
I have near max points for Maine moose. Only a few bonus points for VT moose but will keep applying there until I get drawn. Still have to sit out NH moose after getting drawn in 2014.

22-Apr-16
Just got back from my annual 12 day turkey hunt in NC and TN. Will also be hunting turkey in NY and Pennsylvania next month. Deer in Ct and NY in the fall

22-Apr-16

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Ill be out in Ohio chasing big bucks, Nov 6-10 with a buddy. Going with Flintridge Outfitters, my friends uncle has been out there 7 times, killed a 198" and a 182". Here is a pic of the 198", I can't wait.

22-Apr-16
I'm booked for a Wyoming rifles elk hunt this September. It's a 30 mile horse ride into a national forrest. I can't wait!

22-Apr-16
Silverado, that's a 3.5YO, he should have let it walk...

KIDDING! :)

I'm considering NH... And would like to get back to the NE corner of your wonderful little state... I'm from MA, so CT is a "big trip" ha ha ha!

23-Apr-16
Silverado

that's a real trophy deer ! I'm excited and I'm not even going :)

25-Apr-16
Siverado,

I grew up playing hockey with the owner of Flint Ridge. Good luck out there! Looking forward to your report!

26-Apr-16

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
I didn't draw in NM, which is weird because I usually prefer a zone that is lightly hunted. Guess the secret is out. Waiting on AZ and CO.....

06-May-16
My error. Got elk, antelope and deer tags in NM. Trifecta!!

07-May-16
Dr

you going on public on land or to one of the outfitters with a private ranch? I'd love to get back to NM for elk, it's like whitetail on steroids, especially when they're screaming during the rut!

08-May-16
Everything is public land. I get a friend to call, sometimes hire a guide to do that. The guide I know is helping others, and gives me a deal if I don't need much help. I think you know him BBB, but you weren't impressed. My experience has been varied.

08-May-16
Doc

I think we're talking about JP, and I thought he was a great guide. The problem I had was I was never told he would not be MY guide on my first ever elk hunt, instead when I arrived I was told his brother would be my guide. Nice guy, but if the guy in the camp next ours didn't tell him where to find the elk I never would have gotten my only shot. I'm not saying it was bad experience, but it was below my expectations, that's all.

I wish I could have hunted with JP as his approach was much more aggressive and covered more ground, and I had told him before I went out there that I like to stay in the woods all day. I did go back the next year and hunted alone with a camp that JP set up for me, but it was the first season and all of the water holes were being hunted by the locals, so while I was able to get into some elk, it was difficult to get into a shot opportunity with spot and stalk; too many elk eyes in a group watching you.

Good luck this year and let us know how you make out.

08-May-16
Yeah, Jerome ain't James. On my last bow elk hunt with them James was delayed by a couple of days. It wasn't till he showed that things started popping. He finds them. I think my Antelope hunt will be with Jerome so I will have to keep an open mind. It's a spot, stalk, crawl, decoy deal. Sitting water is usually fruitless in the unit(s).

10-May-16
I was in unit 13. It's a nice area to hunt, not steep climbing and pretty open so it makes glassing easy. Good luck.

11-May-16
I got invited on a spring bear hunt in Newfoundland. Regular price for two bear with guides, tags, Licenses, food and lodging is $3200. But my cousin got special pricing of $2500. Only extra fee would be tip and a fishing license, some great trout and Salmon fishing in the mornings!

We can use two more guys in the group. If anyone is interested in going, the date is 06/02/16 - 06/11/16 Please contact Josh at 860-301-8379

Last year it was colder and bears where just starting to hit baits. Still all 4 guys in group took home bears.

Just heard from a guide that bears are starting to move we should just get there at the perfect time this year.

We drive up and take the ferry over. So no big extra cost for transportation or any shipping costs bringing back the bears.

This will be my first spring bear hunt, I'll be hunting with the bow.

11-May-16
Zack, Who are you hunting with?

11-May-16
Lake Douglas Outfitters Ltd

12-May-16
G ood luck Zack

12-May-16
GL bud,,who are you gonna get to do a euro mount...lol

12-May-16
Zack

sounds like a fun hunt, never did bear, either spring or fall. Let us know how you make out.

12-May-16
Zack, That's a very good area for Bear, Millertown. Newfoundland is one of the best kept secrets for big bears. They have some absolute monsters on the Island. Plus they drive is spectacular, if you can take a little extra time to see some of the sights, it's well worth it.

13-May-16
I have a good friend who hunter hosts me in northern Alberta. Headed up there for late august elk rut with the bow, then going back end of November for the whitetail. Gods country up there!! Can't wait!

13-May-16
bonehead

is your friend hunting elk on a ranch or public land? I see lots of ads for ranch elk hunts in Alberta, pretty damn expensive but some huge bulls.

13-May-16
I drew Either sex in Kansas and I will be hunting Nebraska as well for whitetail. I am only 20 miles from the border from where I stay in Kansas. I am out there from a bit before Halloween until Thanksgiving! Shawn

13-May-16
New York deer with my new Halon 6 Can't wait

16-May-16
tompolaris

hopefully that new bow will bring in more deer to admire your Halon! Sometimes I think they're bored with my older Bowtech.

16-May-16
Thanks Bob, believe it or not this bow has put me back to groupings where I was 25-30 years old (I'm 63). It's the bow no doubt the forgiving factor. I know I'm not crazy as I'm practicing back at 30yrds instead of 20 within a week of shooting.

17-May-16
tompolaris

I couldn't agree with you more! When I bought my Bowtech I found the same thing to be true,....that bow just worked perfect for me. That's why I don't hung up with buying the latest, greatest. Find a set up that will put the arrow where you aim it at the proper hunting distances and don't worry about arrow speed, new/old technology, features, etc.

Good luck with it this year, nice to have the confidence when that big buck walks into range.

• Sitka Gear